PDA

View Full Version : Did I buy the right oils??

Forever_Sophie
March 16th, 2010, 07:18 PM
At work today, I bought Aura Cacia oils (Sweet Almond & Sesame, considering getting Grapeseed but haven't searched yet to see if any here use that). It's always so tempting to see these on the shelves!

Anyway, they say they're for skin, but except for the oil, the second and only other ingredient is vit. E. Is that necessarily a bad thing? (tocopheryl acetate).

Here's a link to the website, http://www.auracacia.com/dspCmnPrd.php?ct=anpcpcsc&cn=Sweet+Almond+Oil

http://www.auracacia.com/dspCmnPrd.php?ct=anpcpcsc&cn=Sesame Oil

I'm just realizing that there's the organic for each, without Vit. E (the store doesn't normally carry them, or I'd have ordered those). Would the ones I bought still be effective?

Thanks in advance.

patience
March 16th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I use that almond oil. It seems to work fine. The only problem I have with it is the top. It's very hard for me just to get a couple of small drops out of it.

If you decide your hair doesn't like it, it's very nice for massages and such.

little_cherry
March 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I like vitamin E for both skin and hair! :)

Rhiannon7
March 17th, 2010, 03:45 AM
I don't see any problem, i put Vit E in my almond oil and always add it to my facial mix of Shea Butter, Almond Oil and have been thinking of adding rosehip oil to the body and face mixes and also to the hair mix.

Tried Grapeseed oil a few years ago, my hair did not like it, it was too greasy for my hair. you can try if you wish, we all need to experiment to see what works best for our hair and skin.

Forever_Sophie
March 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks so much, girls :)

Beansidhe
March 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I have a different brand that also has the vitamin E in it (one is sweet almond oil, one is avocado oil). They were a little more greasy on my hair than pure oils, but still worked just fine. Although I have to say I am *amazed* at what they have done for my dry skin! Better than any conventional body moisturizer I have ever used in my life! So you really can't go wrong with what you bought, if you don't like it for your hair you can try it as a moisturizer for your skin. :)