PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Splits?

Alia
March 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM
This week I've noticed a major uptick in the number of splits encountered even though my routine has not really changed--Whispering Windz whipped goaty soap on scalp only, various cone-less conditioners, camellia oil daily, fugly satin sleep cap, wood comb, updos daily, and no heat styling. Other than more S&Ding, which I'm doing, what would you suggest to combat these split ends? Is the weather change a possible contributor?

princessp
March 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
that's exactly what i was thinking: weather. have you changed your diet? btw, your hair is gorgeous i LOVE the color!

i'll be interested to see what the experts say

GeoJ
March 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'm no expert, but I think it could be due to the hair itself being weaker in some parts- like if for a few months one ate really poorly, the hair that grew during that time would be weaker. So, for long hair, that weakness will show up a long time after the situation/s that caused it occurred. :shrug:

I have had similar experience, and it never seemed to correlate with the weather, so that's what I came up with. I just do extra S & D and get more diligent with the catnip tea rinses during those times.

Capybara
March 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe it's time to get the S&D scissors sharpened? If the scissors are too dull, they won't make a clean cut, and the end will be more prone to splitting again.

Have you tried any new styles lately? In the past, I've noticed that when I try a style I'm no particularly good at, I get split ends (presumably from the unprofessional handling :o )

Hope this clears up soon :flower:

Alia
March 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
have you changed your diet? btw, your hair is gorgeous i LOVE the color!

My diet is unchanged for the most part, but there was a stretch with some really lousy hair, skin, and nail vitamins that my nails broke a lot right after, and the S&D scissors are overdue for a good sharpening, which I hadn't thought of.

My hair isn't that reddish, unfortunately--that pic was taken with some very yellow-y vanity lights at my in-law's house.

Thanks for the advice, lhc folks!:flowers:

IcarusBride
March 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure about PA but it has been raining for like a week strait in MA. I always have trouble with my hair when it's rainy and a lot of moisture's in the air.