PDA

View Full Version : What will you do when you reach your goal?

Kristin
March 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Some LHCers are just here to "grow," but most of us have a goal in terms of hair length along with dying and hemline. I obsess so much over reaching that goal, I'm beginning to wonder what it will feel like when I get there.Will I be depressed? Chop it all off and start again? Modify my goal to term? And then what happens when you reach term? Growing hair to a specific length has an end point. After that... what is there for your hair? I mean, when you graduate college or high school, there is instantly another goal to take the place of the one you have just reached, one that is often "bigger," or the next logical step. The same does not seem to apply for hair... at least not for me. Not yet.

The point is, I do not know what I will do when I reach my goal. What will/did you do????? At what point did you know what you would do at goal? Did you know before you hit it?

myrrhmaiden
March 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Dance like there is no tomorrow. But seriously, I'll dance.

Nae
March 15th, 2010, 03:07 PM
My first thought was "pass out from the shock." But seriously, I don't know, just enjoy it I guess. Oh and buy more pretties for my hair!!! Must.....have......huge......collection.....

ravenreed
March 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Maintain it. Buy more hair sparklies. Learn how to do the updo's that my hair is too short for yet. Decide if I really want to get a little longer or not.

emmabovary
March 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I used to think that I was going to bleach it platina blond and then cut it all off again. But now that I'm being a bit more caring to my hair I don't think I'll want to hurt the poor baby that way.. ;) I think it might be a bit anticlimactic.

Ravenne
March 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
My main reason for growing out my hair is an excuse to buy pretty hair toys. :P So once I reach my goal... I'll still be buying hair toys and playing with them while I lovingly maintain my hip length hair. I dunno.. I may re-evaluate my goal to classic or beyond, but I'm iffy.

Hana
March 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
What will/did you do?

2 words. keep going. :D

haha, i'm not gonna put all that hard work in just to ignore it overnight! I think I''ll maintain the length for as long as possible, but I think on the whole, after I've reached my goal the shortest I'll trim is to BSL. Just a gut instinct.

So i suppose the correct reply would be "keep maintaining" rather than "keep going", but you know what I mean. I'm not chopping it all off, that seems a rather brutal idea to me, although I have done that before. Though that was before I discovered the LHC!

2peasinapod
March 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Celebrate! And see if I can handle waist length next. :)

Garnet66
March 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
First, like most I'll do a happy dance. Then I'll buy lots of pretties and do a different updo everyday. Hopefully it'll be in nice condition with a u shaped hem (my dream hair for myself).

Copasetic
March 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Once I reach my goal I want to maintain it, with regular trims, so that I have nice thick, healthy, long hair.

TammySue
March 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Once I reach my goal I want to maintain it, with regular trims, so that I have nice thick, healthy, long hair.

This! ^^^ :)

Felix_D
March 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I've never had hair longer than my shoulder, and it's always been blonde.

My goal is pretty short compared to everyone else here: BSL. When I get there, I'm using henna! I might put a new, longer goal after that, or that might be the maximum length I can handle. We'll see when I get there!

Kristin
March 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Ok, I, too, will do a happy dance and buy pretty hair toys, etc... But I also think that the moment I hit waist it will be:

1. Anticlimactic. I mean, what's the difference between 29.75" and 30"? And no one will notice but me. Not that I need recognition, but it would be nice for other people to acknowledge my efforts. I'll have to take my mom out for sundaes.

2. Boring. I know I deserve 50 lashes for that one, especially given how desperate I am to reach my goal. The moment it happens I will be excited, but what about 6 months or a year later? What about 5 years later?

Sorry, everyone. I am in a particularly negative mood today. Guess I need to order some more hair toys. :cheese:

Ravenwaves 88
March 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I will finally be able to incorporate it into halloween costume ideas (no wig needed). Lara Croft, Pocahontas, A mermaid, a Fairy, a Nymph. So many things!!!!! Dancing is also required. Occasional public flaunting......tee hee!

Sweetness
March 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM

me too !!! :eyebrows:

And this too :cheese:

First, like most I'll do a happy dance. Then I'll buy lots of pretties and do a different updo everyday. Hopefully it'll be in nice condition with a u shaped hem (my dream hair for myself).

freckles
March 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'll probably maintain for a while, however long I'm still in love with it for, and then decide what to do next -- it could be chopping, maintaining, or growing some more. I'm tempted to go blonde, but since I don't think my hair will stand up to lightening all that well, I'll only do that when I know that having to drastically cut won't upset me too much. So, maybe that would be fun after enjoying my 'goal' length for a while.

spidermom
March 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I want to have photographs done with sort of a fairy tale in nature theme. Then I'll either let it grow out to terminal and/or get a V-shaped hem (the only one I haven't tried).

Juliannaissance
March 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I would grow it long because I love doing various hairstyles and adding hair sticks to them. :)

Akiko
March 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I reached my goal and right now am maintaining by trimming every other month. Yes, it was somewhat anticlimactic because hair grows so gradually. It is not like, "BAM! Reached the goal!" Days after days, I kept thinking, hmmm, maybe this is long enough.

It feels good to get a trim now. Sayonara to pre-LHC hair. :)

Carolyn
March 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
My original goal was waist. All my life I'd dreamed of waist length hair. When I reached waist, it just wasn't enough. So my next goals were hip length and then tailbone. My ends hair thinned out a great deal at tailbone so a couple months after reaching tailbone I cut it back to hip length. I loved my new ends and the change. Grew back to close to tailbone again with the same thin ends. I did a series of trims last year up to 2" above waist. I'm now growing again with the idea that I'd like to sit on my ends. I don't think I can have both the length and the thick even hemline I desire. I kind of see me bounching from waist length range to tailbone range and back again. I have never had a goal of terminal and doubt that I will change my mind.

CrisDee
March 15th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I want to have photographs done with sort of a fairy tale in nature theme...

What a FABULOUS idea! I think I'm gonna do this or something like it as well, both as a reward for achieving a goal, and as something to look at any time I might get the urge to chop, hopefully it'll deter me from making that mistake again!

catysue
March 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Get Crunk!

-simply Venus-
March 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'd maintain it.

Mae
March 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I have no idea!:hmm:

It may be that by the time I reach waist I'll want even longer hair, or waist may be enough, in which case I would maintain to thicken my hemline.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what my future self wants!

Merewen
March 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I might maintain, I might keep growing. But I will definitely do this dance : :disco:

Gingevere
March 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Er... keep going? I'm already thinking about extending my goal from waist to tailbone, but we'll see how it manages. Once I'm comfortable with the length, though, I just plan on maintaining, growing in all the layers, and improving the overall health of my hair.

Katurday
March 15th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Do a variety of maintaining involved things (cutting out damage, growing out henna, etc), get layers, grow out layers...Anything to keep myself busy.

pennyroyal
March 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM
enjoy it...thoroughly! :p

Capybara
March 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Celebrate :P
I'd probably wear it down for a week straight - which is an increasingly rare occurrence for me!

In2JC724
March 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Maintain, grow out layers, and hair dye. And enjoy the length! :)

christine1989
March 15th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I will jump up and down and do my happy dance :) then if my hemline looks a little thin I will trim it. After that who knows, I may just keep growing it.

Syaoransbear
March 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM
See if I like it, and if not: cut it shorter or grow it longer.

But if I'm content with waist, I'll just start maintaining and chopping off the damage I got from straightening.

I'm so excited to maintain so that I can hack off half an inch every month! My ends will feel so nice and blunt.

autumnsdaughter
March 15th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I will do all sorts of elaborate braids and updo's, spend too much money on hair toys, and trim it over time to get rid of dry ends.

I will also fling it. I've never really been able to fling my hair, so that will be fun! :D

ArienEllariel
March 15th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Definately not chop it all off. (as it is I accidently cut a small chunk of hair out yesterday during an s & d mission; I've learned I have to be very very careful when holding scissors while immersed in a movie) I'll probably go lie out in a big sunny field and fwoosh my hair out around me like you see in movies. :) I'm sure I'll come up with many interesting things to do with it; long hair is anything but boring!

Gumball
March 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I don't have a goal, so if one appears I'll be sure to ponder that question! :D

girloctopus
March 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Reevaluate.
Probably tweak my hemline a bit because blunt ends + super thick hair are not good for updos but I find blunt ends easier to maintain while growing out. I want to try a U or even a V shaped hemline.
Experiment with new styles.
Constantly try to improve condition to have the softest silkiest hair ever.
Invest in more hair toys. :D

Who knows, I may decide to go longer or even cut back. I just plan on enjoying the journey :)

Oskimosa
March 15th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Enjoy and evaluate. If I want it shorter, I'll do that; if I still want to go longer, there is always benign neglect ;) More than likely, I will do some trimming. Badly need it.

urara12
March 16th, 2010, 12:05 AM
once I reached my goal ,I want to go real up scale hair salon
to get hair color & just dust & scalp massage . :p

jera
March 16th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Dance like there is no tomorrow. But seriously, I'll dance.

I'll dance for joy too. :cheese:

Maintain it. Buy more hair sparklies. Learn how to do the updo's that my hair is too short for yet. Decide if I really want to get a little longer or not.

These are my thoughts as well. I'll buy more hair toys and learn more eleborate artistic hair styles. I may decide to grow even longer. The last thing I would ever consider is to chop it all off and start all over again. That's masochistic ! :rolleyes:

ilovelonghair
March 16th, 2010, 02:33 AM
After I reach my goal (terminal) there is no 'growing it longer', I'd just be happy with it :)
At the moment my goal is more to thicken my hair up. I keep cutting it to waist length and it grows back to the hollow of my back (is that hip length?) very quickly.

I'm just afraid that terminal wouldn't be very long on me. I know my hair can at least get to tailbone, but I wonder if it would be really nasty and thin when I reach terminal. I'll see what happens.

Eolan
March 16th, 2010, 02:39 AM
The longer my hair gets, the more I enjoy it, so the thought of growing it out only to cut it back to where I started seems really weird to me. I guess we all have different reasons to grow our hair and that some like the journey more than the result, but for me the reason has always been to get really long hair. So, yeah. When I get there I'll either maintain or grow longer, but I think once I get to tailbone I'll relax about it more than I do now.

HeatherMae
March 16th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I will maintain for a LOOOOONG time. :) I was nearly at my goal and my see through ends really bothered me so I ended up trimming about 3 inches off. I'll probably be growing for another year now before I reach my goal.

IcarusBride
March 16th, 2010, 03:15 AM
When I reach my ideal LENGTH, then I've got to still achieve ideal thickness. That is, maintaining the length while letting all the shed hairs also grow to that length. I want a thick healthy hemline.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 16th, 2010, 03:22 AM
i'm gonna rock the hell out of it by wearing it curly, straight, in various updos etc. :D :cheese:

KnightsLady
March 16th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I have no idea. :shrug: I'd probably miss the moment. :o

tokidokichi
March 16th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'll be really excited and wear it in lots of pretty updo's ^__^ I'm sure I'll have a new goal for my hair by then, but mainly I'll focus on keeping it healthy and great looking!

Ari&l
March 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Really, I don't know. Perhaps continue to trim them every month to have more thick on end.

Firegarnet
March 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Goal is terminal so I probably won't notice for a few months that it's not really getting longer. Hey, I didn't even notice when I hit my earlier goal of waist--didn't notice until I was nearly hip! I blame it on the fact I generally don't look at the full length mirrors in my house. And wasn't measuring. Ahem. :p

I will maintain once I find I am there though--unless I discover I don't actually like the terminal length and the ultra wispy fairy tale ends I will no doubt have.:rolleyes:

Juliannaissance
March 16th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I want to have photographs done with sort of a fairy tale in nature theme. Then I'll either let it grow out to terminal and/or get a V-shaped hem (the only one I haven't tried).
GREAT IDEA!! I love nature, and anything that has to do with fairy tales and fantasy :P

sibiryachka
March 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I think I'll have some nude photos done with only my hair covering what needs covering... after doing the happy dance, that is. I will also maintain with regular mini-trims, to get the hemline to thicken up.

paperwhite
March 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Well, assuming I can achieve it, I'll probably re-evaluate how I feel about the length and condition and then decide whether to maintain with trims (and get rid of dyed hair) or cut it back to a more manageable/better looking/whatever length.

Oh, and dance like a fool when I realize it's happened :D

nellreno
March 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Once I reach my goal I plan on maintaining somewhere between waist and hip for the next few years to grow out all the dye. Then I don't know what I'll do. I've considered using henna, but by then I might like my natural color so I might not. I might keep growing, maybe to tailbone or classic.

But this is years from now, so who knows what i'll want to do then! :-)

klcqtee
March 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I think I'll have some nude photos done with only my hair covering what needs covering... after doing the happy dance, that is.

Oh, yes, yes indeed. Then I have every intention of playing with it. U shaped hemline, V hemline, henna, virgin, bangs, layers, face framing layers, no layers or bangs, wear it curl, straight, wavy, whatever else my little heart desires.

I also might consider terminal. I have this odd desire to grow it to terminal, cut off a foot (to get rid of damage and wispy ends), then chop it all the way back to waist, and sell it. I'm assuming terminal is past knee for me (especially considering I'm not very tall).

chopandchange
March 16th, 2010, 01:40 PM
When I reach my goal, I will probably think: "nah. This still feels short!" and set a new goal.

AKA "The LHC effect."

TinaDenali
March 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
When I reach my goal, I plan to get it layered so that it looks like mermaid hair. Or High Elf hair. Something ethereal. That's my goal :)

Sunny_side_up
March 16th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi there

maybe even it up- maintaining at BSL length, because its heavily layered, planning on just treating it nicely and not wanting to think about trimming for a little while, we'll see. Last year had a good bit of growth during summer, however didn't look after my hair that well, it needed rejuvernating & also had to trim what i felt were dry ends, took off 3 inches in sept.
Happy growing:D

Henrietta
March 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Good question. I think I'm going to maintain the lenght- I'd like to have the lenght between bra line and waist line. As I have always wanted to have long hair I may have a problem then. When I will be old, I mean about 70 years, and I will have to cut my hair in order to not look ridiculous or I won;t be able to take care of it I won't be able to cut my hair because I will be really use to them.

Or who knows, maybe as I reach my goal, that will happen probably in less than two years, I will change my mind, I'll think "I look horrible" and I'll cut my hair like... ear lenght?

LoversLullaby
March 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I'll be so so so so so happy. :D When I get there I plan on maintaining and making my hair even healthier!

Princess Kitti
March 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM
As much as I am enjoying this journey, it will be nice to arrive at the destination too! I plan on maintaining at goal until I get my head around the fact that I have reached it, then play around with different hemlines. I may then grow longer, it depends on whether I can deal with it at goal or not.

ali beast
March 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
since my goal is bsl, i'm going to walk around my house without a shirt or bra and be like, "what? i'm covered!"

yep, that's what i'm gonna do.

also maintain and keep babying :)

bubbles_87
March 17th, 2010, 01:10 AM
When I reach my hair goal length which is going to be waist length Im just going to take good care of it! Im gonna stick with that length for a long time and be good to it.

Rhiannon7
March 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Once i reach my goal, i'll do a happy dance. :cheese: after that i might maintain at classic for a couple of years to trim any damage, give it more pampering before trying to go for Thigh length. and who knows what will happen after that? maybe i'll reach terminal length before i get to thigh, but only trying will i know for sure how long my hair can get.

I will also buy alot more sparklies and toys, and definetely try and learn new updos.

Phalaenopsis
March 17th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Find a way to live in peace with the length and tangles. :) Only 2 inches to go and I find it difficult.

julliams
March 17th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Once my tips reach waist (end of this year) I'll start trimming every 3 months or so to grow all my layers out - that should take up to 6 - 12 months. After that it will depend on how I feel about my hair and how it fits in with my lifestyle because its been many years since I had anything near waist so I don't know what it will be like to manage.

deko
March 17th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I just might grow a virgin hair when I hit terminal.

little_cherry
March 17th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Oh this question's easy...I'm going to party! :D

Seriously though, I'm just going to take care of it just as I have all along, with added monthly micro trims- I mean, I must have been doing something right to get that far, right? :)

enfys
March 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Well my goal is my end goal. Probably. So i won't be at classic until I'm all at classic, no layers. If it's still as thick at the ends then as it was last time I'll grow to fingertip. I didn't entirely make it last time I don't think.

Once I know I'm at solid, happy classic I'll take a lot of photos and consider making a hair site recording my styles I can do. Because I'm vain like that.

Monsterkitti
March 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Umm :cheese: dance :)

Then I'm planning on maintaining till layers are gone, maybe cut bangs and then think about if I want to continue to TBL (pretty sure I do)

Bethie
March 17th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Keep it at my goal for a few months to grow out most of the layers and then see how my hair is, if it is still in good condition then maybe continue down to waist or hip.

Deb!
March 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
The point is, I do not know what I will do when I reach my goal. What will/did you do????? At what point did you know what you would do at goal? Did you know before you hit it?

Thank God that I haven't had to go through chemo (and a bald head) again!

I have several "goal" lengths so hopefully, I'll proceed to my next one with no long term problems.

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'll set a new goal,else I'd be careless and overconfident.:)

rtree721
December 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I feel like I will never really reach my goal. Right now my goal is based on length (hip), so when I reach the desired length, I still have a ways to go. I am trying to grow out my hair to be 100% virgin. My hair is only a few inches of virgin now. And even then, I want to thicken my hemline and grow out some short pieces by my face... so my goal will be ever-changing.

jacqueline101
December 27th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'd reward myself.

Axelle
December 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I think I'll go to Stonehenge to celebrate it!
Maybe I'll do this trip in spring 2014.
I've always wanted to visit this site so it will be a good opportunity.

gillybeanxo3921
December 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I think I'll probably continue caring for it. Maybe try getting rid of my layers, and if I don't like it getting them put back in. I might even try dying it, but I'm not sure about that.

Sillage
December 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hmm I guess I'll buy a special hair toy to celebrate :)

Curly Hermione
December 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM
This thread reminded me, rather appropriately, of Tangled. The whole "that's the best part, you get to find a new dream!" thing. Although they weren't talking about hair... But the point still stands! I will just find a new goal, doubtless one that is longer. Oh, and I also agree with all the dancing and hair toy buying suggestions :)

neko_kawaii
December 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Since my goal is terminal simply because I've never done it, maybe I'll dread it for a bit (never done that either) dye it bright colors and then chop it all off. Maybe I'll really like my terminal length. Hard to say.

Tota
December 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I don't think I have a goal. I have minigoals :) My current minigoal is WL and then I'll think of another minigoal. I can't predict it until I complete this one ;)

TheHowlingWolf
December 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
My UGL is Classic, & when I get there I will be very very happy! :) I will try to maintain the health of it and maybe make a new goal of mid thigh or knee? Idk we'll have to see! I still have a way to grow yet.

melusine963
December 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
My goal is TBL. Once I reach that (in a month or two, I hope), I'll maintain at that length and start giving myself small trims as opposed to my annual shearing. The hair from my waist down is noticeable thinner than the rest due to old damage that's still growing out. Hopefully it will all have grown out and been trimmed away within a few years. Then I might well start heading on to the next goal. :) If I feel brave, I might dip dye my ends at some point when I know I'm due for another trim before long.

Winnie!
December 27th, 2012, 03:35 PM
First, I'll dote on it for a while. Then, I'll probably flaunt it. Finally, and sadly, I'll probably lose interest and move on to a new interest.

gillybeanxo3921
December 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My goal right now is waist, once I reach it, I might grow out to hip (depending on how hard it is to care for, and how it looks), and if I'm feeling up to it, I'll continue on to tail bone. I doubt I'll continue after that though, because I don't want to be pulling my hair out from under my bum all the time. That's what I'm thinking at least. I won't know if I want to continue on to hip until I get to waist, and I won't know if I want to continue onto tailbone until I get to hip. Maybe I will want my hair longer. I don't know yet.

Once I get to the absolute longest goal that I will have, I'm supposing I'll play around with the cut, deciding if i like a v-cut, layers, or just a blunt cut. Once I figure that out, I might dye it. I'm not sure yet, but I've always been intrigued by lighter hair. Not quite blonde, but lighter. I might cut back to waist once I make hip/tailbone, just to clean out my split ends and give me a fresh start. Then I get to grow all over again :D

I don't plan on returning to BSL for a very long time, though. I've been here so long (two- three years?) I'm done. I'm sick of it! Too short for me! Someday I might cut back real short, though. Play around with shoulder length maybe. Then grow it all the way back out to waist. That's the beautiful thing about hair, it will never stop growing and I have plenty of time to play :)

Iaine
December 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Classic is a short term goal for me, and when that happens, I'll probably scream with glee. And then I'll dance around the house and tell all my friends about how my hair touches my bum. I'm sure everyone around me will be quite sick of hearing about my hair on the day I notice I'm at classic. After that, I'll keep growing until terminal, granted my terminal length is past classic (and I do so hope it is).

Ambystoma
December 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Maintain! When I used to keep my hair MBL my ends were freaking amazing, silky and almost no taper even though I dyed it with permanents and flatironed it twice a week so I'm looking forward to seeing what a few years cutting all the growth on loved and pampered hair looks like - it will take around 2 years of maintaining to have all LHC hair so I guess that will be my next goal :)

lapushka
December 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM
My goal is classic. I'm about 3 inches away from TBL right now, so it's going to take a while yet. I think I'll just have it maintained at classic once I reach that goal, or have it cut back to TBL or hip, I don't know yet. Whatever's more comfortable for me.

Zesty
December 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM
My "official" goal is TBL. I'm about an inch away from BCL and 2 inches from TBL. One can never tell for sure what one will want in the future, but I expect that I'll trim maybe slightly more often (or possibly maintain if I don't like the thin ends) and continue on to classic. I just like the idea at this point of waiting as my hair creeps down to my butt and beyond.

NoRush
December 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM
My goal is waist and for now that's far enough away :p but at the moment what I'd like to do when I reach goal is to keep growing the hemline into a deep-U or V at around tailbone, so waist+a few inches for playing with hemline. That's, of course, if my hair even grows past waist since it's neve been longer than that. :)

MrsGuther
December 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
When I reach my goal I will be doing a victory dance around the bathroom, so no one in my house thinks I'm nuts! Haha
I can't wait to reach my goal! I am soooooo looking forward to having classic length hair, then possibly growing to FTL and then onto knee! I picked my intermediate goal and my final goal length based on the fact that I don't just want "long hair." I want hair that is WAY longer than the average length on the ladies around the town where I live. Most ladies in my town have hair around APL to BSL on average. My hair is 1 inch past TBL and it already feels pretty long, but I really want it to get about a foot longer! :)

Audhumla
December 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Personally, when my hair reaches hip length in a condition and cut that I'm happy with, I will do the happiest happy dance the world has ever seen!
I'll also make a point of enjoying my hair down at home either alone or with family or DBF because frankly I'm going to be scared to have my hair out in public when it gets longer :/

Sharysa
December 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
When I reach waist length, I'm going to maintain it for a few months while I go nuts on braids and hairstyles.

Then I'll figure out if I want to reach my maximum goal of classic length, or a nice in-between hip/tailbone-length.

Loveisaverb
December 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe just maintain until and if I can handle going longer since my goal is anywhere from hip to TBL. If so, I will grow it longer!

MissEarlGrey
December 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I reached my goal about a month ago. I'm really happy. I guess now I'm learning the best ways to live with this length hair and how to style it in the coolest ways. I have no aspirations to go longer, so I'm just happily enjoying my hair.

PixxieStix
December 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
My ultimate length goal for now is tailbone, and when I reach that my husband promised to send me to New York for a salon day at Medea (I think that's what it is called, it's a George Michael salon)! After I've reached my length goal, I'll maintain for a several years, improving the condition of my hair and waiting for all the hair on top of my head to grow back in and then make its way down. Once I've reached tailbone with a full head of hair again, well, I think I'll just maintain happily as long as it makes me happy. :)

Amygirl8
December 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
My mini-goal right now is BCL. After a quick glance last night I'm about 2cm away from it, so I decided to grow the last inch over the next four months, trimming a quarter of an inch each month (I still have a bit of damage :( okay, not exactly a bit, but... :( )
After that I think I might grow to TBL without trimming, decide whether I like it or not, and either maintain, or dip-dye the ends and do that for a bit until it grows out enough for me to trim it back to BCL.

dulce
December 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Almost tailbone now,once I get there or maybe to butt[still debating which goal] then I'll start regular trims to thicken ends,maintain there and just enjoy,plus will really work harder on getting it as healthy as I can.

vanillabones
December 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
If I reach the set goal of hip to bcl with a u hemline all virgin and no layers then I will decide. Most likely I'll change my goal to term, if my term doesn't stop me from my goal in the first place. I've yet to find out.

Allychan
December 27th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Once I reach my new TBL or Hip goal length I vow to:
Maintain my hair at said goal length until every bit of my formerly fried hair is GONE.
To take really good care of my hair in every way I possibly can,
being careful not to accidentally rip any of it out and
promise to never ever use a chemical dye or straighten it again.
This I solemnly swear :agree:

Chaotica
December 28th, 2012, 05:55 AM
My first goal is growing out my layers. I'd like to do various braids and updos. c:

eros
December 28th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Maintain& new hairstyles!

Mayflower
December 28th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Then I'm going to maintain there and trim out my layers. If I would find myself wanting layers back, I would but I think I'd like one-length hair for a while.

Sunny_side_up
December 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Maybe a little trim, then consider if i want to gain more length:D

AnthonyB93
December 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Maintain and show off! :D

Mischamiu
December 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
My first goal is to hit waist :) then I would like to maintain it for a while and get it to be super healthy. I don't know if tail bone would look good on me because I kind of like "big" hair so I wouldn't like to lose my volume :D but I wouldn't go pass TB I guess just enjoy the length

lunalocks
December 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Maintain and thicken hemline. Easy to say now. I've said it before, then changed my goal.

RileyJane
December 28th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hmmm. once i reach my first goal ( the length ill be truly happy to sit and wait since ill feel long to me) of waist, ill probably be really dumb and take a bunch of pics ( which i never do) of it and just be happy....maybe frolic through a field of flowers with it flowing in the wind? Mainly take pics though and PATIENTLY wait for the rest!:toast:

DarkCurls
December 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Bleach the ends a little and dip-dye. :run:

Once I reach my goal, I think I wouldn't mind doing this since I would be maintaining and the ends would end up getting trimmed off anyway. I love the look of dip-dyes, and I like the idea of limiting the bleach only to the ends.

floralgem
December 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
When that time comes, I will probably jump and scream a little in happiness.....:3

sisi33
December 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
PARTY HARDY! :cheese: Seriously, that's what I'll do.

Mamiberisha
December 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Grow out all the hair dye, then just maintain and keep it healthy

MaryMarx
December 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
My goal is waist, and I think i'll be satisfied with that... I think. :)
Then I'll probably keep it there and thicken up the hemline.

NataschaB.
December 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Maintain it :)

Nique1202
December 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ultimately, I want to grow down past tailbone, maybe even to Classic, just to see what it's like. Then, I'll probably end up cutting back to waist or BSL and donating the lost length if it's in good enough condition. Then again, on my journey I might find a length that I enjoy and that is maintainable and style-able in just the right ratio, and keep it there forever. I won't know until I try!

owlathena
December 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I've found that my goals are constantly evolving, so I doubt I'll ever be goal-free. When or if I ever reach my goal, I'll probably just come up with a new one.

MissAlida
December 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I'll maintain it, and forever find fault with it, to have something to correct ( thickness, shine, curls). I'll love it like I do now, and enjoy it for as long as I am happy with it. My goal is waist. :)

sparrowswing
December 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I don't know. My original goal was classic, and once I started getting sort of close (still have a couple of inches to go), I changed my goal to knee. I'm enjoying the growing process for the moment. Obviously I'll keep growing once I hit that short-term goal of CL, but I don't know when I want to start trimming to thicken my hemline.

I think I want to grow to knee just to see if I can, then do my maintaining there. If I hit terminal before then, oh well. My hair's already longer than it's ever been, and I'm happy with it. I really don't think I could handle anything longer than knee-length, but I used to think that about classic, so who knows? And there's always the possibility of reaching a point somewhere on that expanse of thigh where I don't like how long my hair has gotten and decide to go back to classic.

For now it's all just a waiting game, and I'm alright with that.

LadyCelestina
December 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Just realized I have no exact goal right now...My goal is probably to enjoy the journey as much as I can,until I feel it's too long or until it stops growing.
Oh yes,I probably have one,to have virgin hair.But that just comes along the way with growing.

I will probably flaunt it :D.

longcurlygirl<3
December 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Exactly, and be able to maintain my curl definition as well

catamonica
December 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM
My hair stopped growing one inch from tailbone, since March. I don't know if it will grow anymore. But I wear it in a braided bun 41/2 days to keep it healthy. Just keep it clean & healthy.

SleepyTangles
December 30th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I'll maintain it, thickening the hemline and hopefully learning how to sport it in updos and half-ups. I also plan on get rid of old dyed pieces and archieving a lighter colour with henna in my upper inches...

pepperminttea
December 30th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I just walked around grinning to myself for a week. I'm a simple creature.

~honeyflower~
December 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
It's going to take awhile before I get to my goal, but I could see myself jumping on my bed and then running outside to feel the wind blow through my hair. Yup,I'm planning to let myself loose and enjoy it. Cant wait for summer of 2014!