PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had experiences...

JenniferNoel
March 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM
with growing out a hime cut?
If you don't know what that is, it's a haircut where the back is at least APL, and the front half usually starting at the ears is cut above the shoulders or even to chin length, sometimes with added bangs cut to eyebrow level.

I've had that arrangement since I had to cut off mechanical damage from an accident (by that I mean a looong time), and even though the front part is finally neck length with the back just below APL, I have to pull it in to a half up-do every day and when I'm outside I have to tweak my braids and buns like crazy to be able to get all of my hair up there.

What were once the eyebrow level bangs (which have been heavily trimmed over time due to damage), are now just above chin length (had to break out another trim last week). Since my hair is wavy-ish, the shorter front part looks awful when all of the hair is loose. Actually, everything looks awful unless it's tied up somehow or blow fried.

And because of the extra effort to tie up the front part every day, it seems to be breaking off more than it should therefor requiring more trims.

Anyone else experienced this awful process? Not to mention it's been making my hemline look very strange. LOL.
I've been keeping this whole thing secret for too long.
Something must be done!! :cheese:
Anyone else dealing with one of these?

Aeltt
March 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I never had one but..
Maybe you could braid the two shorter parts ? It would keep them from damaging
You would have bangs, two little braids 'framing' your face, and your longer hair loose/braided/in a bun/whatever.
Or even pin the braids in the bun or the whatever..

I don't know if it would work, it depends on how the shorter parts are cut (thin enough to be braided.. if they are too large it may look weird ? i don't know ^^")
That's all i can think for now :)

Ravenne
March 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I don't have that particular cut, but my bangs are chin length or a little longer now. To help with the growing out process, I have put them up in lace braids a lot. Then put all my hair in a ponytail or bun or something. Worth a shot.

JenniferNoel
March 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, the main problem for me is how thick the short part is. I have what should be "iv" hair and it's so difficult to work with. LOL.
I tried going the mini-braids route but it gets old quite quickly. Not to mention it's irritating in the shower. :p

Arctic
March 15th, 2010, 03:07 PM
You could do vintage updos (side rolls etc.).

Hana
March 15th, 2010, 03:25 PM
hmmm. never had that haircut, but i have had something similar in the past.
currently though, i do have a *rudeword*- load of layers. and a fringe I'm growing out.
so I can sympathise!

keep babying the ends if you're intending to grow it all out. lots of oil/condish/your preferred method. lots of little trims to keep "chipping away" at making it all one length (Assuming thats what you're aiming for?)

as for daily "its annoying get it out the way get it out the way get it out the way" syndrome - i like taking little sections of hair, twisting them, and then pinning them into a messy bun at the back of my head. keeps the little awkward lengths hidden along the twist, and free to poke out at the back if they want. :D
keep the twists close to the head, though! not too tight, because its a nightmare to find which twists hurt. and obviously, not too loose, coz then it'll all fall out and you might stamp your feet and curse a little bit and ask god why he gave you arms that ache. hahaha.

hope this helps, even if only a little bit!