PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype your SO?

Dreams_in_Pink
March 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hmm, i thought this could be a good idea :o

My BF has dark ash blond hair. It's ii on the crown area and hairline and iii on the back. It's quite thick M/C i would say. I cannot say anything certain about his texture (too short) but i can tell it's somewhere between 1c and 2c (he claims his hair's straight, but i don't really believe it :D )

Anyone else wanna join? :D

Olde Soul
March 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
DBF's got dark brown hair, maybe 1a--F/M -- ii. He never lets it get long enough for me to tell if there's any wave to it.

Katurday
March 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
My DBF has naturally black hair with random bright ginger hairs. His hair is ii/iii, 2a/2b, and F/M to just plain M. Its really quite nice.

Lemur_Catta
March 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Interesting! :D My boyfriend has wonderful, shoulder length hair. It is very thick (solid iii, thicker than mine I think), fairly straight (I'd say 1b) and mmmh I don't really know about the single strands...I'd say F/M, surely his hair is not coarse, and it seems on the finer side but not too much. He has wonderful hair anyway, I wish mine was like his *_* Besides, it is a very pretty light brown, henna would be stunning on THAT! (of course, I don't think he's gonna henna his hair...he is too lazy to even use conditioner, he uses a 2in1 product :D)

jexichan
March 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM
As a new member, I catch myself hair-typing many of the heads of hair that I encounter. That said, my wife, who is Lebanese, has BSL 2c curls and spirals that are M. Her circumference is a ii, but she is working on reducing the amount of hair that she sheds or breaks because she would ideally like to have iii or more.

Playing with her hair is helping me get through all the awkward short phases with my hair- plus it's good up-do practice. :)

Fractalsofhair
March 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Ooo, you got a blond bf! Congrats! :)

Anyways, my sorta boyfriend has brown/black hair, 3b/c/f/ii/iii I think, with a lot of shrinkage. His hair is probably mid back to waist stretched, but just below shoulders when it's brushed and dried. Used to be hip, stretched, but he gets it cut pretty regularly by his mum. He needs to stop brushing his hair, because it loses it's curl pattern and looks bad then... But, he has long hair, and when it's wet, it has a really lovely curl pattern!

tinker bug
March 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM
BDF has ashy-blonde hair in the wintertime that bleaches itsself in the summer. I'd hairtype him as a 1b, but when he was around shoulder length he started to get some 3a spirals around the back of his hairline and behind the ears. He's probably C with i/ii thickness. It's hard to remember when he's had his hair buzzed for so long. Right now he has about a 1" long mohawk with the rest buzzed :D

Calista
March 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
My BF has no hair - would that be 0/0/0?

Syaoransbear
March 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Dark brown, 1a, f, i. He has crazy fine hair and I can see his scalp in certain lighting, but he's not balding or anything. It's just always been that way :/

linda g
March 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM

ha! mine too!

ChrissieM
March 14th, 2010, 02:57 PM
My husband's hair is 3a/3b, coarse texture, probably ii in thickness, very dark brown with a few silvers scattered in. He is thinning a bit on top, and the hair there is much finer and softer in texture. He keeps it very short, about 1/2 inch. It's time for a haircut when he can see the curls start to appear.

Kimberlee
March 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Love it! Mine too is 0/0/0

Drynwhyl
March 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I don't have him on hand, but I have a piece of his hair so I can strand-type accurately :P
1c/M/ii-iii, started from nothing, current lenght waist, goal hip/tailbone.

enfys
March 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
From what he's told me and from the rare occasion I've known him to have slightly longer hair, I'd guess DH is 1B/F/M/ii. He used to be iii but yeah...he's a man and we know what happens to most of them!

It's hard to be sure because it's usually about 1/4-3/4" long, but he used to have a ponytail which helps (before I met him; it wouldn't look right now).

Sunny_side_up
March 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
regularly shaves it off, so longest it gets is half an inch, quite thick, lightish brown hair which gets lighter in summer. Hair growth is good, that'll be the well balanced diet;)

Locksmith
March 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Boyfriend's hair is very dark brown, TB-length, 2b/c - M/C - ii/iii. It's lovely. :D I do wish he wouldn't comb it so roughly though... :(

Dreams_in_Pink
March 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I just saw my BF's natural hair picture...it's pretty much straight actually! (guess he styles it, gah! XD )

Ooo, you got a blond bf! Congrats! :)

hahaaa yep!! :D

Boyfriend's hair is very dark brown, TB-length, 2b/c - M/C - ii/iii. It's lovely. :D I do wish he wouldn't comb it so roughly though... :(

OMG TB length?!? :cheese: how i wish my BF's hair was at that length too!!! It should be awesome!

Gumball
March 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
bubbleguppy is a member here and she's typed as 1a/M/ii. It's pretty darn accurate. Her hair is brown with a hint of red.

missjessiecakes
March 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM
oooh lets see. I believe df is a 3b/3c f/m iii

I am envious. He also has gorgeous dark flame red hair.

Which doubles my envy.

JenniferNoel
March 14th, 2010, 03:43 PM
My SO is the same as me. Same natural color, texture, volume, etc. LOL.

1c F/M iii :cool:

Felix_D
March 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
My husband has thick, course, very blonde hair. 1a/C/iii. No balding in the slightest. I'm incredibly jealous of his hair, and I tell him this all the time. :)

He owns his own construction business and works outside in dirty conditions all the time. When he washes it (like, once a month... whenver his pillow starts turning a different colour than mine, basically) it's just a river of dirt and tar and mud that comes out. Sigh.

I figure the sweat, mud, neglect, and being in amazing physical shape (I swear he is carved out of marble) are making his hairs so healthy and thick.

celelu
March 14th, 2010, 04:29 PM
My BF is APL+, 1c/C/ii. His color is, well, brown, but there are a few silver strands, and streaks behind his ears. Unfortunately, his hair is very damaged from harsh brushing and from never having seen the color of any condish, which they need badly. He allowed me to S&D (it's all white dots, and forks, and like, feathers!) once when he was really tired, but he wouldn't let me do that in his normal state. :rolleyes: Though, he loves me to play in his hair (whithout scissors, I mean), and I once achieved a very pretty herringbone braid that made him look like an elf! I sometimes make a french braid in his hair, and it makes his silver streak appear more. It actually looks like a Mozart-like wig... :inlove:

urara12
March 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM

my Dh too!! 0/0/0

Kaileida
March 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Varying shades of blond, 1b/1c / C / ii. He used to have almost APL hair but chopped it off- and we actually like it better short! He's a cutie :)

spidermom
March 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mostly white, very short, 2B, coarse, and iii.

spidermom
March 14th, 2010, 04:53 PM
My husband has thick, course, very blonde hair. 1a/C/iii. No balding in the slightest. I'm incredibly jealous of his hair, and I tell him this all the time. :)

He owns his own construction business and works outside in dirty conditions all the time. When he washes it (like, once a month... whenver his pillow starts turning a different colour than mine, basically) it's just a river of dirt and tar and mud that comes out. Sigh.

I figure the sweat, mud, neglect, and being in amazing physical shape (I swear he is carved out of marble) are making his hairs so healthy and thick.

Interesting! I didn't know blond hair could be coarse.

marikamt
March 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
DH has my dream hair........ it is iii/ m/ and prob 3a/3b (hard to tell cause he keeps it so short... it is really dark, almost black but is starting to have silver shot thru it here and there.......

I wish he would grow it a little longer so I could see the pretty curls..... :)

ZaBasDa
March 14th, 2010, 05:11 PM
DBF has medium warm brown hair that is anywhere from buzzed to shaggy-getting-in-his-eyes length at any given time. I would say it's probably M, maybe F, just it's quite a bit finer than my hair. By the way his hair tries to wave out in different directions when it's a few inches long, I'd have to say he's probably a 2b maybe even a 2c/3a. His hair is too short to stick in a ponytail, so it's at least ii and maybe iii. I think it's very pretty when it's "long" to him, but I doubt it will ever get much longer. At least he does WO mostly on it and never brushes it, and even sometimes uses conditioner on it.

Sisko
March 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Yay! :D He has gorgeous hair, although he's a baldie for the most part (which suits him more).

3c/C/iii. Dark brown.

I occasionally tell him that our progeny would have killer hair genes. :p

Drynwhyl
March 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM
My BF is APL+, 1c/C/ii. His color is, well, brown, but there are a few silver strands, and streaks behind his ears. Unfortunately, his hair is very damaged from harsh brushing and from never having seen the color of any condish, which they need badly. He allowed me to S&D (it's all white dots, and forks, and like, feathers!) once when he was really tired, but he wouldn't let me do that in his normal state. :rolleyes: Though, he loves me to play in his hair (whithout scissors, I mean), and I once achieved a very pretty herringbone braid that made him look like an elf! I sometimes make a french braid in his hair, and it makes his silver streak appear more. It actually looks like a Mozart-like wig... :inlove:

Ooooh, silver streaks. :inlove:

Gingevere
March 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
My SO has extremely thick, coarse hair. It's also very long, and nearly brushes the ground in some places. His scalp is very greasy and he has bad dandruff. He never brushes or washes his hair himself. I have to do it for him. But I still love him anyway.

His name is Jack... and he is my horse. :D

nellreno
March 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Let's see: Brown with some sparse greys, He keeps it short so it's probably 1b / F/M / ii. He has such nice hair, I guess because he cuts it so often it doesn't have time to get damaged and stays so soft!

janeytilllie
March 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM
My fiance has 2b/M/iii type hair. He has waist length red hair and fairytale ends :)

LadyJennifer
March 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM
My dh has great hair. It's really dark brown, probably 2b/2c, M, iii. He keeps it pretty short now, but he wore it longer (shoulder length) up until right before we met.

venividibxtchy
March 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM
My Fiance has beautiful shoulder-long hair that he grew out upon my request. He's learned to really like it at times, and I'm selfishly glad, of course. Admittedly, it looks good at any length, but especially so long.

I think he's around a 3a/3b/m/iii. He has those glossy dark Irish curls. It's super thick, not too coarse nor too fine, makes perfect ringlets and waves, and is sexy as Hell.

I love oiling and conditioning his hair; it is therapeutic for my soul.

Felix_D
March 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Interesting! I didn't know blond hair could be coarse.
It might help that it's usually caked with dirt and clay too, not sure.

I haven't actually plucked one out and examined, so maybe just an M, but it's very resistant to bending and springs to it's original shape like a course hair.

walterSCAN
March 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM
DF has a darker medium brown for the color, but with a blonde patch on the back of his head that he hates and I love... It's kinda like a birthmark. The tips of his eyelashes are white blonde too!

Anyway, I'm fairly sure he's 1b (he usually keeps it too short for me to tell), and probably ii now, but from his report, before I met him he was a iii.

I'm a little up in the air about the thickness of his strands-- he's definitely not an F, because his hairs are noticeably thicker than mine. I want to say M/C, because some hairs seem closer to mine, but some are definitely coarse...

SO, long story short, 1b/ M/C/ ii.

MissManda
March 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I absolutely love DBF's hair. It's an expresso brown color that gets a slight reddish tone to it when it is in the sunlight. His hair is coarser than mine, but I wouldn't call it a full-on C. He has very lovely waves and spiral curls just like his mom. I'd say he's a 2b/2c/M/C/iii. His hair is very healthy and it makes women jealous of him. lol

Juneii
March 14th, 2010, 09:01 PM
DBF has 1b type hair, C, and iii

Sissy
March 14th, 2010, 09:10 PM
My husband wears his hair short/clean cut and it looks nice but it is starting to thin. Therefore, I would say he's a 1a i fine/thin haired. His hair is brown.

Hiriel
March 15th, 2010, 03:15 AM
My boyfriend's hair is dark brown and very thick. My hair is iii, but his is way thicker than mine. He's had shoulder length hair once (before I met him) and says his hair is pin-straight when it grows out. So I will guess at 1a/M/iii

Katze
March 15th, 2010, 03:50 AM
DH has APL, dark blonde, curly fine hair. I always think of him as 2c/3a, F, ii/iii.

He has started to use conditioner and leave-in more but still always gets a big tangly area on the back of his head that he loves to rip out! :( He also yanks his hair elastics out without being careful. He has grown to ' BSL ' before but the ends were very dry and split, so we chopped 4-5 inches.

For him, having long hair is a cultural statement ('I am not normal') rather than anything else.

emmabovary
March 15th, 2010, 04:04 AM
My DF has 3b/c/iii hair, too short imo but beautiful and almost pitch black. He says if he grows it out it just stands straight out from his head. I'm going to carry on my mission to convince him to let it grow though. Maybe some henna would relax it a bit :smirk:

freckles
March 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
My boyfriend has GORGEOUS hair. I am super envious. He had it classic length as a young teenager -- I wish I had seen it! He has had it shoulder at it's longest while I've known him, and keeps it short now.

I'd say it's 2C/3A. There are definitely some spirals there, but if it grows long it tends to only be curly at the bottom, strong waves the rest of the way up. He has hair far coarser than mine, but mine is super fine so I couldn't say whether he's a M or C. I've never seen him with hair long enough to get all into one ponytail (when he had longer hair when I knew him, it was layered) but I'd say he's probably an ii, thickness wise.

Kiraela
March 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Lets see... I love drooling over Paul's hair, haha. I tell him all the time how lucky he is to have the kind of hair women spend thousands to get, and fail anyway. :D Anyway, it's medium gingery brown, nearly APL, naturally layered(grew from 1/4" with no trims (yet)... 2c-3a/m/ii...

Ravenne
March 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
DBF's hair is very dark brown/nearly black... I wanna say 2a.. and either C or M/C. Not really sure on that one as he uses the same stuff to wash his hair as he does to wash his body (cringe) so it's not in the best condition. Could be finer than it appears right now. As for thickness... ii/iii? It gets poofy when he doesn't cut it. :P

Leena7
March 15th, 2010, 09:39 AM
My boyfriend is 2a, though that could be wrong because whenever he grows his hair out it is still very layered from having really short hair. The strands are of medium thickness and, although I have never gathered into a ponytail, it is probably iii. His color is light to medium brown with a lot of very pale blonde surrounding his face. He had white-blonde hair as a child.

Kaijah
March 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mine's got thiiiiick dark brown hair, mostly medium strands with a good sprinkling of finies and it's all very soft. He generally likes to keep his hair short, but when it gets past ~3 inches it starts flipping so I'm thinking he'd be 1c/2a if it were longer.

I love that all the LHCers have started hair typing everyone around them. :D

Joette
March 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
My DH has 2c/3a / M / iii light brown to dark blond hair that's just shy of APL. And a beard to match. This is about the longest he's ever let it get. He likes having long hair himself, but work circumstances have always required him to cut it before it could get much longer than it is now. I'm hoping he'll keep letting his hair grow, it's so gorgeous. And it amuses me that his hemline in front matches the one in the back. :)

Sammich
March 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
My BF has shoulder length hair... hmm, he's on this site somewhere but hardly posts! ;) It's lovely though! :)
I would say he's got F/M 1b, iii/ii hair. His hair is a lovely unique reddish blonde. Not quite strawberry, more of a gold. :D
;)

little_cherry
March 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
hmm...my hubby is actually growing out his hair..it looks hot! :D

I think he is 2a/ f-m, ii Chin length. :D

sibiryachka
March 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Why did this never occur to me? He's a 1b/FM/low ii, BSL, a lovely dark brown. Sigh. :eyebrows:

Juliannaissance
March 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
My BF has curly light brown hair: i/ii, f/m, 3b..I love playing with his hair!

Juliannaissance
March 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM
hmm...my hubby is actually growing out his hair..it looks hot! :D

I think he is 2a/ f-m, ii Chin length. :D
My BF is growing his out too, it looks hot as well! :cheese:

squee
March 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
OH! I want to play to!

My man:
brown hair
ii (I think)
F/M hair strands
he and his mom says it gets curly when it gets longer.... soo... 1c/2a
his hair is less in an inch long, hard to tell :)

melusine
March 21st, 2010, 09:02 AM
my partner has long hair and joined this board too but hasn't posted anything yet :) I think he's f/m, medium to high ii and either 2b or 2c and it's waist-length (*envy* hehe!)

Johanna
March 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
My SO is in the Army so he has no choice but to keep it under 4cm.
He has gorgeous silky soft dark brown hair. His hair is about 3B/iii/M. He had it to about apl when it was in ringlets and even longer when stretched. He was the envy of many girs in highschool. He looked after his hair so much better than most of the girls.

Such cute little ringlets! He's growing his hair back after he leaves the army :D So I'll have a human hair toy to play with XD

eiwonob
March 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
DBF has golden dark blond hair, it's an amazing color! He's curly, maybe an 3a/3b, short hair but sometimes he don't cut on purpose for me to enjoy his beautiful angel curls :cloud9:
Texture... F, almost invisible. And a lot of hair, i think iii

melikai
March 21st, 2010, 02:06 PM
My boyfriend's hair is medium-dark blonde, close in colour to mine, maybe a shade darker. I've never measured his ponytail, but I would guess he's ii, 1b, and M.
He doesn't really have a length goal, but probably midback is where he'd like to keep it.

Fethenwen
March 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Nice thread :)

Me and my boyfriend have quite the same hairtype, but I think my boyfriend might be an i instead of a ii. And he has blond hair, it's getting longer still ^_^ Especially his bangs.

honeybrown1976
March 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Darkest brown (even black), 3b

Zarafay Torath
March 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM
My boyfriend's hair is jet black, maybe a 2b/2c, on the coarser side of medium. As for thickness... it's crazy thick, so that would make him a iii. He's just touching classic length now.