PDA

View Full Version : I left it in!

Periwinkle
May 3rd, 2008, 05:09 AM
So, last night, for the first time, I wore my hair in a style other than a ponytail outside the house for probably the first time in my life (eek!).

I went out to dinner with my Spanish club and I wore my hair in a French braid, which I've been doing a lot recently because I'm so so SO proud of myself for having learned them. I've tried wearing them out before, but I've always taken them out and put it back in a ponytail. Last night, though, I went out at about 7 and then didn't take it out until about 10. Hooray for progress!

I'm now attempting to build on this by leaving my hair in a French twist until I go to gymnastics this afternoon...aaaah it's so tempting to take it out!:mad:

Hypnotica
May 3rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
I know how you are feeling. I'm OCD when it comes to the look of my updo's and I have to constantly remind myself that theydon't need to look perfect. Argh.

I think you should learn to braid dutch too....they look so very complicated but I think they are easier to do then french.

Cloverleaf
May 3rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
If it looks like your avatar pic you should be proud to show it off - it looks great! I know how you feel though when experimenting. I will wear certain styles at home, but change to an old familiar one when going out.

We just have to get braver! Good luck on your next adventure!

Fluke
May 3rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
I'd be scared sh*tless to take a style out once I'd put it in, unless I was at home!
The reason for this is that my hair cements itself in a style, and gets all kinds if weird kinks and bumps everywhere almost at once.. The downside of straight hair.. :) A french braid would be especially bad.. *shudder*
On the other hand it's great for making curls and such, if I just let my hair dry that way it STAYS that way, heheh. Hmm.. it's been a while since I've experimented with bee butt bun curls.. I think I'll have some fun with it tonight since I'm not going anywhere :D

tomm
May 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
Congratulations, Periwinkle! The first time is the hardest.

And the French twist? Did it last until gymnastics?

Patrycja
May 3rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm OCD about my updos as well.I do them over and over again with tons of bobbies to keep strays in place.

Congrats on leaving the french braid in!!!!!:cheer:

jesamyn
May 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
I agree with Hypnotica about Dutch braids. I think they're not only easier to do, but they are more forgiving since the hair is against the head. I can run a comb across the flat part after it's braided to make sure it looks all neat, and I can't do that with a French braid. I also add some gel before braiding to help my braids stay neat.

Congrats on trying something new and leaving it in!

Periwinkle
May 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Congratulations, Periwinkle! The first time is the hardest.

And the French twist? Did it last until gymnastics?

It did indeed. I was very proud of myself :D And I even French braided it afterwards without a mirror and it still looked okay. Woo!

I tried a Dutch braid just before I put it in a ponytail for gym, and I can't describe it as a successful operation. Someone who knew what it was supposed to look like could probably just be able to make out what it was...other than that, I don't reckon you'd have had the faintest idea :cool: I've heard lots of people say that they're better, though, so I'll persevere.

eadwine
May 3rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations! :D

Ella
May 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
I know what you mean - bobbies rule

kwaniesiam
May 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
I'd redo my bun about 6 times a day when I wore one. Braids don't bother me as much if they get messy. Congrats on the progress!

Periwinkle
May 7th, 2008, 08:10 AM
So, today I built on my success with a French braid all day! Admittedly, I did take it out when I came out of the exam hall (I finished only halfway through the exam, but thought it might be taking it a little far to start redoing my hair), but I did it without looking or redoing it or whatever so that doesn't count. Hooray!

blue_nant
May 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'd be scared sh*tless to take a style out once I'd put it in, unless I was at home!
The reason for this is that my hair cements itself in a style, and gets all kinds if weird kinks and bumps everywhere almost at once.. The downside of straight hair.. :) A french braid would be especially bad.. *shudder*
On the other hand it's great for making curls and such, if I just let my hair dry that way it STAYS that way, heheh. Hmm.. it's been a while since I've experimented with bee butt bun curls.. I think I'll have some fun with it tonight since I'm not going anywhere :D

I don't usually have a comb along. I don't take anything out while I'm not at home.