PDA

View Full Version : everyone hates my cut

talecon
March 13th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I went to the mall today and ran into some of the baby dads family. They noticed I cut my hair, made some bad faces and said "it looks... good" I'm not the one to really care what others think so I says, "It'll grow back, whatevs" I know its at an awkward length now, just a teeny bit past shoulders, but I know in the long run its gonna (hopefully) look great. Psh who cares what they think, the comment sure did make the baby dad laugh though since he was one of the first people to express how much he didnt like it short :/

Katurday
March 13th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Awkward stages are terrible. I got plenty of neutral to slightly negative answers during those times. Don't worry about, they'll get all "ITS SO LONG AND PRETTY" in a few months.

ravenreed
March 13th, 2010, 11:05 PM
All that matters is how you feel about it. I hope you like it.

I went to the mall today and ran into some of the baby dads family. They noticed I cut my hair, made some bad faces and said "it looks... good" I'm not the one to really care what others think so I says, "It'll grow back, whatevs" I know its at an awkward length now, just a teeny bit past shoulders, but I know in the long run its gonna (hopefully) look great. Psh who cares what they think, the comment sure did make the baby dad laugh though since he was one of the first people to express how much he didnt like it short :/

jera
March 14th, 2010, 12:10 AM
All that matters is how you feel about it. I hope you like it.

I agree with ravenreed. If you're okay with it then who cares what others think. :p

GoddesJourney
March 14th, 2010, 01:58 AM
No worries. Like you said, it all grows. That akward length won't last forever. Were you just getting rid of damage? I haven't had the guts to chop in awhile.

Toadstool
March 14th, 2010, 04:05 AM
How rude of them!

hendrix.co
March 14th, 2010, 05:02 AM
The most important thing is to wear any do or cut with much confidence. Sound like you got that covered!

talecon
March 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
No worries. Like you said, it all grows. That akward length won't last forever. Were you just getting rid of damage? I haven't had the guts to chop in awhile.

yea I cut half of it off to get rid of some serious damage
thnx for all the comments :)

curlylocks85
March 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I am not sure why they acted that way because from what I can tell from your pictures you look beautiful. I think they know that you look good with long or short hair so they were trying to make you feel bad to feel good about their own insecurities.

It does not matter what they think anyway. As long as you are doing what is best for you and your hair, then what others think is irrelevant.

Tovah
March 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Judging from your hair type (same as mine), you did the right thing. It will be healthier and thicker now and you're primed to just let it grow. What I do see now is your very pretty face.

talecon
March 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
aww thankie! :gabigrin: I always thought I looked quite awkward but thnx for the compliment :)

DakarNick
March 15th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I think people get used to the way a person looks and if its different then its "bad". But you don't look bad. Besides, it was cut because of damage, not to have short hair. Who cares what they think.

spidermom
March 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Maybe it's not so much that they hate the cut as they really loved it long. It will grow (if you choose).

LucyHope
March 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I think people get used to the way a person looks and if its different then its "bad". But you don't look bad. Besides, it was cut because of damage, not to have short hair. Who cares what they think.

That's what I was going to say... :)

Also, I think you look pretty - it does look in-betweeny, but not "bad". At least it's straight! :p I've had both straight and wavy/wurly hair (naturally), and I can definitely say that inbetweening is worse with wurlies that all poke in different directions at once and won't fit into any kind of ponytail or do! :D

little_cherry
March 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I think your hair cut looks cute!

I agree with what has been said..if you're happy then that is all that matters. :)

bubbles_87
March 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Who cares about what they think...Im sure they dont know what the hell they are doing to their hair. At least you know what your doing for your hair! I think your hair looks thick and lovely.

bumblebums
March 15th, 2010, 05:53 PM
You have a great face shape. I can't imagine any haircut that would look bad on you.

It sucks, though, when your so-called friends say things that hurt your feelings... It helps to remember that the hair you do have now is healthier than the stuff you cut off. In my opinion, fried long hair never looks as good as short healthy hair.

Capybara
March 15th, 2010, 09:50 PM
They're probably just not used to your hair. I think it looks healthy and great!

talecon
March 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
That's what I was going to say... :)

Also, I think you look pretty - it does look in-betweeny, but not "bad". At least it's straight! :p I've had both straight and wavy/wurly hair (naturally), and I can definitely say that inbetweening is worse with wurlies that all poke in different directions at once and won't fit into any kind of ponytail or do! :D

oh my hair is not naturally straight. I tend to straighten it everyonce in a while and when it looks better than my usual mess I tend to take pictures. But its more on the curly wurly side. Now that I cut off the damage my ends are starting to curl again. But when I don't straighten it I have what I call a triangle cut. its a blunt cut, which with curly hair, isnt very flattering :p