PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry.... my hair shed lot...

urara12
March 13th, 2010, 03:54 PM
first, I am sorry that my English is not good well.
I just getting really depressed :( because my hair shed a lot when I shampoo.
my scalp is oily and itchy ( not the bad, bad itchy sometimes)
my hair doesn't shed much if I do shampoo everyday. it's like 50 hair.
however shed like 100 + more ( yes I did count ) if I shampoo every other day .

what's strange is if I shampoo everyday, only shed 5 -10 hair or so when I brush and I see 5-10 hair on the carpet.

but my hair shed a lot from every other day shampoo but NO hair shed when I brush and no any hair fall out on the carpet.
I talked about it to my Dr , he told me it's sounds just hair cycle. also I did blood test and come back with everything perfect.
even my Dr asked me what I am eating.
there is no any family members who has hair loss problem ( my parent's and both side of grandparent's)

shoud I wash everyday ? or every other day?

by the way, I don't brush my hair much, maybe once a day or more less. also I am blow dry with cold air and air dry.
no hair Iron. no blow dry with brush for styling.
thank you very much for reading my post.

spidermom
March 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM
The amount of hair that you are shedding sounds normal. It is normal to lose 100 hairs per day. So you are doing fine.

Welcome to LHC.

jera
March 13th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Your English is fine. If you shed less shampooing every day then do so.:) I do because I exercise and get all sweaty. You don't want buildup on your scalp. Is your scalp oily by any chance? :confused:

MsBubbles
March 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
If you're shedding 50 hairs a day I think that's within the normal range. Out of curiosity once I counted all my shed hairs for about 2 weeks. It averaged out to between 40-60 each day. Some days it was only 17 hairs, some days it was 80 or so.

To feel better about it maybe you could just keep a record every day and then take the averages at the end of the week. It sure calmed me down.

Has your overall thickness decreased at all?

little_cherry
March 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Hello urara12 and welcome to LHC. :)
Your English is fine. :)

I shed approximately 200 hairs a day...sometimes more if I'm oiling. At first it scared me, but this forum helped me to realise that it is infact normal.

What shampoo are you using, by the way?

BelleBot
March 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Unless you hair is noticeably thinning or you're developing bald patches I wouldn't worry, your shedding sounds normal. I shed anything between 30 hairs a day to over 100 hairs a day.

The other thing to bear in mind is your natural hair colour. Natural blondes have far more hairs on their head so shed a lot more than other hair colours. It's perfectly normal. Hope this helps.

GoddesJourney
March 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Don't worry. It sounds like you're shedding a normal amount. If your hair starts to get thinner and thinner, you should go back to your doctor. If it doesn't get thinner, it means that every time 100 hairs falls from your head, 100 new hairs start growing. This is normal for everyone. Welcome to LHC.

urara12
March 13th, 2010, 09:32 PM
at first .thank you very much for all lady's such kindness reply.
you guy's post made me cry as how you lady's are nice.
all reply made my feel much much better.

I've asked around people and my family member,
but all told me * just don't worry...* but who says it are 1.My DH ( Bald since end of 20' ) 2. My MIL thinning hair ( bust she is close to 80)
3. my FIL who is Bald since he was 30' . 4 all my other brother in low is bald too.( one become bald since end of he's teenager age)
my FIL lies when I ask him to measurement my pony tail,

he says ** it's 10inch**he never tell me the real inch because he know
I am really worry about it.my DH always add 1-2cm....

so I had to go to ask hair salon .( I went to there for shampoo, then I asked about measurement)

also I don't have friend to ask about it.so I asked one of my brother in low about it who has hair and same age as me.

he wrote back **
Hey XXX my hair is finally thinning too hahaha! But instead of just the temples it looks like it's going all over the top of my head : ( I'm gonna do like XXXXX and XXX just cut it shorter and shorter till there's almost none! I think the trick is don't look at it too much and decide you don't care! Anyway I don't think you are going to have any problem. Haha. *

spidermom, that's what I read.. but people really shed 100 a day?
I hope I am not going to be bald...

jera, I used to wash my hair everyday due to my oily & itchy scalp ( I have SD on my face, however not bad at all since I use BHA)
however I am trying to less wash since
I heard washing hair everyday is not good,I didn't wash 3 days last week then 168 hair shed when I shampoo , it's made my stomachs pain ( I am serious)
I asked my dermatologist about shampoo, he told me * wash everyday, it's long time ago story that no wash hair daily*
but many people says *not good shampoo everyday* so I am got confused and frustrated,

Hello !Ms Bubbles, my hair shed least 50 when I wash my hair , sometimes 60-70.
shed way more hair if I don't wash my hair everyday,

>Out of curiosity once I counted all my shed hairs for about 2 weeks. It averaged out to between 40-60 each day.
Some days it was only 17 hairs, some days it was 80 or so.

maybe I need count them everyday , I wish I can count ONLY 17....someday.

> Has your overall thickness decreased at all?

I am not sure, I had soooo much hair which I hated, but seems like less than before,
my pony measurement is 10cm which like 4inch?

Hello ;-) little Cherry.
>I shed approximately 200 hairs a day...sometimes more if I'm oiling. At first it scared me, but this forum helped me to realise that it is in fact normal.

I am bit relived after I read your reply. feel not alone.

>What shampoo are you using, by the way?

I am using John master organic, Nioxin, Pravana,aquage, ( depends on my hair like how oily,)

hello, BelleBot.

I don't think I have a bald spot. however one part of side looked like just one or 2 hair follicle doesn't have hair?
I've been watching the part, but not sure if one or two are missing, I never attention so much to my hair,
so I got bit overwhelmed.my natural hair color is black. and I see lot grey hair growing, it's all new and short ;-((

Hello, Goddesjourney.
thank you very much for your reply. I am surprised to myself than I feel so depressed and cried over this.....
( usual I don't cry and try to be positive.)
>every time 100 hairs falls from your head, 100 new hairs start growing. This is normal for everyone

I read this a lot. I hope my hair get thinner.

Lady's again thank you very much for all kindenss reply.

urara12
March 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM
[quote=urara12;1011034]at first .thank you very much for all lady's such kindness reply.
you guy's post made me cry as how you lady's are nice.
all reply made my feel much much better.

I've asked around people and my family member,
but all told me * just don't worry...* but who says it are 1.My DH ( Bald since end of 20' ) 2. My MIL thinning hair ( bust she is close to 80)
3. my FIL who is Bald since he was 30' . 4 all my other brother in low is bald too.( one become bald since end of he's teenager age)
my FIL lies when I ask him to measurement my pony tail,

he says ** it's 10inch**he never tell me the real inch because he know
I am really worry about it.my DH always add 1-2cm....

so I had to go to ask hair salon .( I went to there for shampoo, then I asked about measurement)

also I don't have friend to ask about it.so I asked one of my brother in low about it who has hair and same age as me.

he wrote back **
Hey XXX my hair is finally thinning too hahaha! But instead of just the temples it looks like it's going all over the top of my head : ( I'm gonna do like XXXXX and XXX just cut it shorter and shorter till there's almost none! I think the trick is don't look at it too much and decide you don't care! Anyway I don't think you are going to have any problem. Haha. *

spidermom, that's what I read.. but people really shed 100 a day?
I hope I am not going to be bald...

jera, I used to wash my hair everyday due to my oily & itchy scalp ( I have SD on my face, however not bad at all since I use BHA)
however I am trying to less wash since
I heard washing hair everyday is not good,I didn't wash 3 days last week then 168 hair shed when I shampoo , it's made my stomachs pain ( I am serious)
I asked my dermatologist about shampoo, he told me * wash everyday, it's long time ago story that no wash hair daily*
but many people says *not good shampoo everyday* so I am got confused and frustrated,

Hello !Ms Bubbles, my hair shed least 50 when I wash my hair , sometimes 60-70.
shed way more hair if I don't wash my hair everyday,

>Out of curiosity once I counted all my shed hairs for about 2 weeks. It averaged out to between 40-60 each day.
Some days it was only 17 hairs, some days it was 80 or so.

maybe I need count them everyday , I wish I can count ONLY 17....someday.

> Has your overall thickness decreased at all?

I am not sure, I had soooo much hair which I hated, but seems like less than before,
my pony measurement is 10cm which like 4inch?

Hello ;-) little Cherry.
>I shed approximately 200 hairs a day...sometimes more if I'm oiling. At first it scared me, but this forum helped me to realise that it is in fact normal.

I am bit relived after I read your reply. feel not alone.

>What shampoo are you using, by the way?

I am using John master organic, Nioxin, Pravana,aquage, ( depends on my hair like how oily,)

hello, BelleBot.

I don't think I have a bald spot. however one part of side looked like just one or 2 hair follicle doesn't have hair?
I've been watching the part, but not sure if one or two are missing, I never attention so much to my hair,
so I got bit overwhelmed.my natural hair color is black. and I see lot grey hair growing, it's all new and short ;-((

Hello, Goddesjourney.
thank you very much for your reply. I am surprised to myself that I feel so depressed and cried over this.....
( usual I don't cry and try to be positive.)
>every time 100 hairs falls from your head, 100 new hairs start growing. This is normal for everyone

I read this a lot. I hope my hair get thinner.

Lady's again thank you very much for all kindenss reply

urara12
March 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I am sorry somehow I did double post.
can I delet?

Rhiannon7
March 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hi, welcome to TLHC. don't worry about shed hair, it's normal to shed like 50 to 100 hairs a day. sometimes during certain seasons people shed a bit more. as long as there is no bald spot or the hair seems less, all is ok. keep checking how thick your ponytail is every week, and then let us know if your ponytail is getting thinner or not. that is a good way to see if your hair is shedding normally or not.

HTH. take care and do not worry, your english is great.

urara12
March 13th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Hello ! Rhiannon7
thank you very much for your reply.

>keep checking how thick your ponytail is every week, and then let us know if your ponytail is getting thinner or not. that is a good way to see if your hair is shedding normally or not.

I do check my pony from now on.
hope it's not going to thinner.

>take care and do not worry, your english is great.

thank you so much for you say so :p