PDA

View Full Version : travelling hairs

renarok
March 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I am not looking for advice for how to care for my hair on an upcoming vacation....(I wish:p) Have you found your hair in odd places?

I was in my husband's truck and found some very long hairs on his upholstery. I am rarely in his truck, and I know he has vacuumed since my last ride. So I am assuming my shed hairs travelled on his clothes into his truck. And yes, I recognized the hair as mine.....

I try really hard to limit shed hair to my morning grooming.... I have a routine that I comb, brush, gather my sheds, then flush them away. I mostly have my hair contained during the day in a braid, bun, or pony.

I really don't like loose hairs.

If anything convinces me to cut my hair, it will be my becoming fed up with dealing with shed hair.

I know hair sheds no matter the length, but those looong ones are so annoying.

Where have your hairs travelled? My sister called me awhile back and said she found my hair at her house in her couch. I apologized, but she wasn't grossed out, she thought it was cool. So I guess maybe I am too sensitive.

farewell_nancy
March 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
They get stuck to the walls of my bathroom with steam. I'm not surprised that they're in the bathroom, just that they are some how floating through the air enough while I shower to get stuck there.

Juliannaissance
March 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Mine have been attached to the bottom of my shoes and in my jean pockets...hahaha

GoddesJourney
March 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM
They get stuck to the walls of my bathroom with steam. I'm not surprised that they're in the bathroom, just that they are some how floating through the air enough while I shower to get stuck there.

This happens to me all the time.

squee
March 13th, 2010, 12:54 PM
mine sews itself to clothing, the boyfriends car and his bed often... :)
Think his mother found one of my hairs in her sweater once....

tinker bug
March 13th, 2010, 01:03 PM
At least once a week one endds up finding a home in my sock and wrapping itsself around my toe just enough to be annoying. When I do laundry, I usually end up finding a small hairball that was formed by shed hairs in the dryer. I've found my hairs in DBF's backpack, my homework/books, on my dog (who is patiently watching me while I type :) ), under nylons/tights, wrapped around a toothbrush... the list never ends.

Cirafly24
March 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
When I was in the bathroom the other day, I looked up and saw one of my hairs stuck to the ceiling! Not sure how that happened.

My fiance found one of my hairs on his pillow once, but I have never been in his bed.

renarok
March 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I have often wondered what adhesive properties keep hair stuck in showers, walls, mirrors...

jera
March 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
When I do laundry, I usually end up finding a small hairball that was formed by shed hairs in the dryer.

I get these too. They look like centipedes when I fold the laundry. :p I also find hairs tickling my thighs at night.

natt i nord
March 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Well, I comb my hair while sitting on my bed and so my sheds all fall down on the carpet. Due to walking over it all sheds collect to hairballs that like to get stuck at my shoes (cloth) :p

CindyLea1
March 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM
My hubby finds my hairs weaved into his goatee even after not seeing me for a couple of days. The other day he went on a weekend, and his father noticed a goatee hair that was way longer than the others. DH pulled on it and it kept coming out, it was one of mine. 2 and a half feet of blond was woven into the six inches of dark brown.

He even finds them in the sleeper of his semitruck. I've never been there. I think they get stuck on his shirt and drift.

renarok
March 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I try to brush or comb my hair over the bathroom sink where I can easily see and dispose of hairs.

It helps a lot, but I also have 2 long haired daughters who aren't as considerate.

My poor husband's job is to get hair out of the vacume cleaner.

renarok
March 13th, 2010, 04:21 PM
They look like centipedes

I get creeped out by these.

Stormcast
March 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
My friend found one of my hairs in his backpack :p

Stormcast
March 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
My hubby finds my hairs weaved into his goatee even after not seeing me for a couple of days. The other day he went on a weekend, and his father noticed a goatee hair that was way longer than the others. DH pulled on it and it kept coming out, it was one of mine. 2 and a half feet of blond was woven into the six inches of dark brown.

Hahaha! That made me LOL, literally!

Thinthondiel
March 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I haven't found them in any strange places, but my two roomies have.
One of them once found one of my hairs lying across her chest when she woke up in the morning, and my other roomie once found one of my hairs inside her pajama pants. :p

Shicurls
March 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
When I had BSL hair, my ex-husband would find them in his berth on the aircraft carrier, days after seeing me! He would also find them on his person (in places I hadn't been) days after seeing me, and having showered all the time!

TiaKitty
March 13th, 2010, 05:38 PM
My daughter's preschool teacher found one in her panties. Apparently, it had been wound up and was annoying her, causing her to fuss and fret.

When we get those hairballs, either as a tangle in our hair or on our furniture or wherever they may show up, we call them hair spiders. I don't know why, but we do. I've seen people freak out when I say "hair spider."

My SO found a hair spider in his belly button! LOL! Not lint, either.

Peter
March 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Some of these stories are great! :D

KaasKnot
March 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
erm---TMI TMI TMI---but in the shower I often find hairs crawling down in my nethers. And later, when I'm doing my business, I'll pull out a long strand of hair. :bigeyes:

PineappleJello
March 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Both me and my boyfriend have found my hairs wrapped up in our private bits. And I',m always finding them wrapped up on his face/beard. It's quite amusing. Then today I cleaned my car for the first time since July and I spent twenty minutes trying to pick out my hairs from carpet on the passenger's side.

skysraine
March 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
This is a very interesting and extremely humorous thread...Throughout the years my hair has had many travels... thankfully never to the dinner table, No way I could dodge that one:yumm: My husband has found them in his unmentionables all the time and I dont wear his choneys... I typically wear my hair up in a bun it's just easier when doing ya know life stuff..I totally believe in the traveling aspect of this though, Laundry, folding, brushing, bathing, sleeping. It is funny to think though if you did actually have a connection with evert strand of hair you have taken out of the seat of your car and let go out the window where it would be now? I have done alot of traveling myself and wondered just how many thousands of miles away my hair is floating around somewhere.. XOXO

PineappleJello
March 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
That is a very interesting thought, I do like knowing my hair is at my bf's place, long distance relationship, and he finds my hair months later.

With the food I've always thought the best part about long hair is that if it does happen to get into your food it's easier to find a long hair than a short hair.

renarok
March 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I had a friend whose husband swore she made hair sandwiches on purpose. She was post partum and had a really major shed. She was exhausted, over worked, and her not so DH was not very sympathetic.

She swore she didn't plant hairs in his lunch, but who knows how the subconscious works???

adiapalic
March 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Inside socks!

... I thought I might add they've been found in my boyfriend's boxers--not because of certain activities, but... they just end up there somehow! I only know because he told me so, lol.

kjirstiben
March 13th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I've been unpacking old boxes (~1 1/2 years since they were packed)... and finding old hairs in them! I can tell because they're pre-henna... :)

Lady Danger
March 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I've been unpacking old boxes (~1 1/2 years since they were packed)... and finding old hairs in them! I can tell because they're pre-henna... :)

This has been happening to me when I pulled out some of my heavier winter clothing (since I Hennaed before it got really cold here.) As for hair travelling, mine sure does. I pretty much joke that if you meet me once or spend even a little time with me, you'll take a hair home with you. My DBF finds them all the time all over himself. Once he was having photographs taken and the photographer had to stop to remove "something" that was showing up on his lapel in the camera view...she walked over and pulled off a long, bright red hair. Apparently she asked what the heck it was and he just shrugged and said "Oh, that's my girlfriend's hair." He's used to it by now. ;)

Liluri
March 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
My husband has been attacked by my hair, in the shower, the lounge room and weaved in and out of his clothes.

JenniferNoel
March 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
The ceiling.
Defying gravity on the walls.
On the cats.
:run:

centurytoolate
March 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I continually grow a giant hairball on the side of my car seat. I occasionally comb my hair while I'm in the car but this thing just defies all logic. And it attaches itself to the upholstery so its really hard to get off.
Blech!

sherigayle
March 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Hair spiders, I like that. My kids find them in their fleece pajamas. I've found my cat licking furiously while grooming himself. He gets them stuck to his tongue.

Keep It Flowin
March 15th, 2010, 09:16 PM
It seems inevitable that one of my hairs will end up wrapped around the penis of whomever I'm dating ...

eternallyverdan
March 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
The problem with being the only longhair around is that people know exactly who to blame when a 4-foot long hair appears somewhere unexpected. There's really no one else I can shift the blame on at my house.

For me, it's not so much that hairs turn up in weird places (though they certainly do that), it's that they tangle together on my fuzzy clothing like shawls and jackets, leaving me with grotty hair spiders on most of my outerwear... and also occasionally my "innerwear".

Heavenly Locks
March 16th, 2010, 02:24 AM
In the cleavage has got to be one of the more annoying places to feel a hair touching/tickling you. Or coming out the backside of your poor dog while he's trying to do his business. :o

wanderwoot
March 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
hahaha.. I hate finding hairs stuck to my cleavage or other parts of my torso. it is so tickley and itchy.

laurathexplora
March 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Hahahaha! Keep It Flowin, you said it! That was the first thing I thought. And stuck in my butt crack after a shower. My husband picks on me for growing two foot long hair in my bum. ;)
I'm a mail-carrier and I'm constantly pulling my hair out of the mail before I deliver it. I don't want to gross anyone out.

Keep It Flowin
March 16th, 2010, 07:04 PM
And stuck in my butt crack after a shower. My husband picks on me for growing two foot long hair in my bum. ;)

Yes! It is one of the weirdest feelings pulling that outta there too!:eek:

Yozhik
March 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Socks! Cleavage, too.

I like the hair-spiders. Or, actually, I don't like them. I try to collect all of my hairs and throw them away, but they still like to travel . . .

princessp
March 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
lol!!!! my dogs eat a hair from time to time eeeeww. okay i actually think about this a lot! and hope that wee bits of me have been traveling to exotic places around the globe (right now i'm dreaming a piece or two are perhaps stuck to someone's shoe on their way to tahiti....:sun:) for some reason this actually makes me happy.

renarok
March 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM
My mom always buried hair. She is not from this country and apparently when you plant a tree you should have a lot of hair where you place the root ball. My mom has planted lots of trees in her life and our (my sister's and mine's) hair is beneath each.

Juneii
March 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
under my roommates desk. I never go over to her side of the room either, I usually sick to mine and the area next to the fridge. and yet somehow they worm their way onto her side of the things.

Keep It Flowin
March 17th, 2010, 09:19 PM
When I had a desk job my boss at the time pointed out the hair stuck on and hanging from the back of the seat cushion on my chair. I told him I shed like a cat...

atlantaz3
March 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Potentially inappropriate
Twined in the lace on my bra - then at the most inopportune decide to come out and play!
I have found hair everywhere, I even take an old comb and comb out the bath matts about once a month - that's scarey. And don't even ask about the vaccum cleaner!

sibiryachka
March 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Months after moving from California to Russia, I was still finding my mother's long snow-white hairs woven into my sweaters.

jera
March 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Just this morning, I found one inside the bottom of my sock. :o