PDA

View Full Version : I'm wondering if temporary color could lighten my hair

juliaxena
March 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Not really lighten of course. But I'm wondering if blonde temporary color could bind to my hair and make it seem lighter for a while. I'm a light brown head, kind of ashy naturally. The semipermanent I use is permanent on me. What do you think?

missy60
March 13th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Temporary color does not lift it just deposits. I think it would be a waste of time and money

Xandergrammy
March 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
If you want to lighten your hair, I'd go look for the "honey lightening" thread on the Recipes forum. I think that might be just the thing for your hair and it won't damage it at all. :flowers:

Here's the link, if you'd like to take a look:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148

juliaxena
March 13th, 2010, 07:25 AM
If you want to lighten your hair, I'd go look for the "honey lightening" thread on the Recipes forum. I think that might be just the thing for your hair and it won't damage it at all. :flowers:
How light could I go with that? I'm not ready for much darker color.

girloctopus
March 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Temporary color just deposits, I believe. If they have a developer with it, it's probably not a sufficient volume to lighten significantly anyway. I would just continue to use your semipermanent if you are happy with your color or try the honey lightening.

Heidi_234
March 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Beware - there are some "temporary" colors (sometimes they are called glosses) and calm to wash out in X amount of washes but contain peroxide and will lighten your hair. If you want to oomph your blond you can try chamomile rinse and/or cassia. Both cast temporary cast over light hair and both are also very beneficial too :D

stinamoo
March 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM
**deleted**

Xandergrammy
March 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
How light could I go with that? I'm not ready for much darker color.

You can look through that thread and ask questions there. I've never used the honey to lighten, but I know many have with favorable results.