PDA

View Full Version : Whoops!

lizelly
March 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM
So about a month ago I thought it would be a nice change to dye my blond-brown hair black. It was nice at first, but now I want my regular hair color back. I've read that the only way to remove black dye is with bleach. It should only be done by a stylist, and that would be to expensive for me. I'm thinking I should just cut off all my hair, and start from scratch. Is this my only option or do any of you have some other ideas?:eyebrows:

SpeakingEZ
March 13th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Color oops/ color fix. Do your homework to decide which one's best for you. If it's only been a month and only one dye session, it shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Also, I have better luck preventing hair damage by reading up and doing it correctly at home, instead of going to a stylist. They're only interested in making the hair look good, they don't usually care about hair health. It's also a lot cheaper to stay at home, yeah!

jera
March 13th, 2010, 01:17 AM
They do have to strip your color if the dye was a permanent one but it's up to you which you would prefer. How long is your hair now? How long would it take to grow back? Did you use a pemanent or semi permanent color? Semi perminent will fade in time especially if you wash it frequently. ;)

lizelly
March 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
hmm... okay my hair is about shoulder length, so it wouldn't take to long to grow it out again. I'll look into dying some more and if it doesn't work out cutting it off could be my back-up plan. Thanks for the advice!

BelleBot
March 13th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Use Color Oops/ color fix / Colour B4 (uk). They're fantastic for removing hair dye without totally killing your hair. They'll get rid of most chemical dyes including permanent box dyes. I wouldn't advise bleaching it just yet. Give them a go first as they're relatively inexpensive and easy to do at home. They smell a bit, but it's worth it compared to paying big bucks at a salon and ending up with potentially fried hair.

myrrhmaiden
March 13th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Yes. Color Fix/Color Oops. I have bleached out black more than once before LHC. I wish I would have known about these products so I didn't fry my hair like I did.