PDA

View Full Version : Calling all ladies with 60+ length...

skysraine
March 12th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Hello Ladies...:happydance:I have been adding my 2 cents all day and finally figured out how to begin a topic.. My daughter stumbled upon this site and said Mom, You should join. I have had long hair all my life born with 3" tells you I got off to a good start and the long hair genes run in the family, In highschool I was talked into a perm which at the time took about 8 hours of agony and my hair was only at my waist. Pulling it up to my bra strap but 15 years later I am reminising over my choices Never colored, had the early 90"s bangs with the wings..:laugh:. (oh,,mygooodness) The things we do to go along with fashion. My long time friend who has owned her shope since I was 5 has been trimming my hair for as long as I can remember. I can remember her pumping up my chair, ok can you stand up, ok can you stand on the chair...I should have had her take pictures all these years:( My husband just measured and I have reached 62". I need to go in for my six week :scissors: trim.. here on Tuesday. Usually I only take off about 3" at a time. That way I dont end up crying as I am leaving. Believe it or not I still get queezy when shes back there my husband usually tells her OK that's all... He's also very protective of my hair. He's my best friend!:cloud9:

Qamar
March 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I can only dream of that length! You know, I am as tall as your hair is long...

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous btw. Hopefully I can qualify as a member of this truly special group one day.

skysraine
March 13th, 2010, 01:18 AM
:blossom:Look at those beautiful colors in your hair.... LOVELY
Thank You it has been an adventure...

jera
March 13th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I hope to have hair as long as yours one day !:)

BelleBot
March 13th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Wow, you get 3" off every six weeks? Your hair must grow as fast as a weed, that's impressive. I wish mine grew that quickly. Is that you in your avatar? If so your hair looks lovely, I'm very envious, it's gorgeous.

Isa-belle
March 13th, 2010, 05:54 AM
62" is 2 inches more than I am tall! :thud:

I am also impressed that you manage to have hair this long while trimming as much as 3" every 6 weeks :bigeyes:

Welcome to LHC :)

EdG
March 13th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Hello skysraine and welcome to LHC! :)

Your hair is certainly impressive.

You should have enough posts by now to view the social groups. There is a social group for "knee-length and beyond" (although it gets very few posts).

Eventually, you'll receive access to the meet board. LHC meets are a blast! A group of super-longhairs converging in one place can make quite an impression on the unsuspecting public. :D

I have to comment on the title of this post. You should be aware that about 10% of LHC members are men. It's simply not the case that all LHCers with super long hair are women. We are a diverse group. :cool:

Again, welcome. :)
Ed

Carolyn
March 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
You trim 3" every 6 weeks? Holy cow. I usually trim 3" a year. You'll have to tell us about your hair care routine and what you do to get such fast growing hair. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Pixna
March 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
62" is 2 inches more than I am tall! :thud:

Yup! Me, too! (Another 5-foot giant here! :smirk:)

Skysraine, I can't wait until you have enough posts here to upload some pics! :whistle:

skysraine
March 14th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Yaaaaa:joy: Woo Hoo I love My Husband Got some pictures for all of you...ThankYou so very much for your warm Welcome!!!:flower:
Yup! Me, too! (Another 5-foot giant here! :smirk:)

Skysraine, I can't wait until you have enough posts here to upload some pics! :whistle:

Marz Hase
March 14th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Welcome! Your hair is gorgeous! Love the pictures in your profile! :)

naereid
March 14th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Welcome to LHC! It must be really nice to be surrounded by so many supportive people in your life. :)
A 3 inch trim is a lot! Your 6-week trim equals to my 6-month growth...

You should have enough posts by now to view the social groups. There is a social group for "knee-length and beyond" (although it gets very few posts).
That's not necessarily true... I have almost 70 posts, but still none of the 25+ post privileges. :-(

curlywurlygurly
March 14th, 2010, 03:32 AM
WOW! you're hair is amazing!! I really love the picture with the braid. Hopefully one day I'll get somewhere close to that! Such an inspiration.

I'd love to know what you're routine is.

Chrissy
March 14th, 2010, 06:22 AM
First of all welcome to this wonderful community. Your hair is magnificent. You will love it here. You are also lucky to have your dh look after you at the salon. Nice that he is such a fan. :) There are quite a few members who have extreme lengths. Enjoy looking around here and getting to know us.

kmoc123
March 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Oh how stunning!!!! I hope to one day have hair that long!!! I am creeping past tailbone length...

oceanwoman111
March 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Skysraine, it will be so great to see more pics of your hair!! It looks absolutely stunning. :thud: I read that you do ACV rinses regularly. After reading, I went out and bought some organic ACV. Any tips? :)

Juliannaissance
March 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
SKYSRAINE: YOUR HAIR IS SO GORGEOUS! I want mine as long as that! :)

pennyroyal
March 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
ok, your hair is amazing! i cannot wait till mine is long like that! beautiful, darling!

Beatnik Guy
March 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Welcome to LHC. :)