PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hair Device!!

BrightEyes7
March 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM
So I came across this hair dryer with a strange attachment that is supposed to create beach waves.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m9X0EMVHKN1IP (http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m9X0EMVHKN1IP)

Ummm... looks like it is beating her hair! I can't imagine that is damage free. And if you ask me the waves don't look that nice when she is 'finished'.

It is the Remington D1001 Ceramic Airwave Hair Dryer with Wave Attachment and Anti Static Technology.

Has anyone seen this/ tried it? If you have was it worth it?

Shicurls
March 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Oh dear! That looks painful! I think plopping/plunking works so much better!

little_cherry
March 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Whoa...that thing looks...scary! I agree, it does look like it's beating her hair! Hair is fragile when wet and she just ran it through its own personal wind tunnel. I think I can actually hear her hair screaming... ;)

little_acorn
March 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Strange, very, very strange

BrightEyes7
March 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
That is what I was thinking. I was reading some hair article how to create beautiful waves and they mentioned that... I looked it up on Amazon and saw it thought it might work but then I watched the video and was horrified!! She is struggling to keep her hair from whipping away!!!

my2cats1
March 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
It looks like all it does is tangle the hair. I bet you could get the same effect by braiding slightly-damp hair and letting it dry natually.

peachrose
March 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Odd. When she "separating it into waves" you can see how tangled up it is. That must cause a lot of breakage.

MandyBeth
March 12th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hey, that's what my hair does with too much oil and air drying. I didn't realize that look was in style. In fact, I think my hair generally looks like crap when that happens.

But I don't have to stick my hair in a blender to create the look!

clichepithet
March 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Seriously! Go to bed with damp hair in rope braids! Jeez... that looked painful. Poor hair.

trillcat
March 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
If by "beach waves" that means "I look like I went swimming in the ocean and my hair got all gunkified and stringy and I didn't bother to wash it or comb it at all and it dried all strange" then by all means, a handy product to have!
I agree with the others, damp rope braid hair, it look like an actual style.
AND wont beat the crap out of your hair!

SimplyViki
March 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM
So.... she just spent half an hour or more to create... bedhead? :confused: I don't see the appeal. Several easier ways to get the look come to mind (go to the beach, or spritz salt spray on your hair, then go to bed), but that just looks like a tangled mess to me.

skysraine
March 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM
:crazyq:You have got to be kinding me...The things people will buy, just to buy them. Am I the only one that saw the end results..
"YUCKKY" Glad we are all smarter than that and know the difference between Beauty-Brains Vs. Ugly-Unitelligence :hmm:

{The average girl would rather have beauty than brains because she knows the average man can see much better than he can think} XOXO

GlassEyes
March 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Wow, you guys are...rather judgemental.

It looks fine to me. not really worth the effort, but it doesn't look bad. And yeah, it looks damaging, but I kind of thought it looked cool. XD It's at least an interesting idea, though not something that I think would work for my hair.

Fractalsofhair
March 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Seems less damaging than waving irons.

whiteisle
March 12th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Seriously??!!! It's all I can do to not laugh out loud right now (holding sleeping baby). And there are people that will buy that thing! :rolleyes:

christine1989
March 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Its like a cross between a blender and a dust-buster!

MandyBeth
March 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
My question - as I still think it looks like a blender - where are the blades to cut out the tangles that will be locked into my hair if I tried this?

Maybe it's a new way to start locs without using evil wax?

Rhiannon7
March 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM
woah! that is so weird. poor hair.

rho1640
March 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hey, that's what my hair does with too much oil and air drying. I didn't realize that look was in style. In fact, I think my hair generally looks like crap when that happens.

seriously - I would also hate to see how big my hair would be if I used that - my avatar is just air drying my hair - and still wet so it curled up more than that before it was done -

myrrhmaiden
March 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM
/hides
that device terrifies me and my hair.

IndigoAsh
March 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
it would take my hours to finish my whole head. How do you do the back by yourself??? I prefer to stay tangle free. I have enough trouble as it is without the help of a weed wacker.

catysue
March 12th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Wow, you guys are...rather judgemental.

It looks fine to me. not really worth the effort, but it doesn't look bad. And yeah, it looks damaging, but I kind of thought it looked cool. XD It's at least an interesting idea, though not something that I think would work for my hair.

I know! Everyone is freaking out about how damaging it is and her poor hair and it's horrible and ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Really, to me it doesn't look any worse than normal blowdrying. It's still just hot air - the only thing this device does is contain the air and direct it in a spiral. There are wayyyyyyyyyyy worse things you could do to your hair... for someone with straight hair who has no objections to blowdrying, I imagine that it would work pretty well.

sometimes LHC-ers can be so dramatic when it comes to styling products or tools that we don't like....

MissMandyElizab
March 12th, 2010, 07:44 PM
There is no way thats going near my hair!!!!!

Demetrue
March 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM
It looks like it would be good for helping to start dread-locs.

MandyBeth
March 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Is this thread a bit snarly towards the idea? Sure. But as this is a forum on growing hair that is healthy even more than long IMO, so I can't say I'm surprised given it's a device designed to fry and snap hair.

I don't think there is a debate that heat is damaging to your hair. Any extended use of a blow dryer - such as taking nearly dripping hair to 100% dry - is going to be damaging. I also don't think there is much debate that rough handling of wet hair is also damaging.

Rapidly twirling your hair even dry and by hand produces snarls and pulls your hair (if you don't believe me, go ahead and try it yourself). What is it going to then logically do to wet hair when it's done at "blender" speed?

Furthermore - never mind the heat and twirling - who wants to get the fan end of the dryer that close to your head??? I'd be freaked out that my hair would get yanked into the fan.

TinaDenali
March 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I agree, it looks like it REALLY tangles her hair up. I wouldn't do this to my hair, there are far easier ways (and less aggressive!) to achieve that look. And, well, my hair tends to air dry this way on it's own! :)

Peter
March 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Looks like a lot of time spent for an effect that could be achieved just by damp braiding. :shrug:

I gotta say, it looks cool though!

kevala
March 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Ouch! This seems to combine heat with the kind of tangling you get from riding with your hair down in an open convertible...as someone who avoids heat and always has an updo when it's windy, I'm afraid!

2peasinapod
March 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Furthermore - never mind the heat and twirling - who wants to get the fan end of the dryer that close to your head??? I'd be freaked out that my hair would get yanked into the fan.

That was my first thought, too! I don't even want to imagine my hair getting stuck in that!

Looks like a lot of time spent for an effect that could be achieved just by damp braiding.

I completely agree. In fact, I remember the first time I saw a triple barrel curling iron demonstrated. My first thought was
:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:, and my second was, 'that looks just like finger waves'!

Fiferstone
March 12th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Uhhh.....
....use it to start dreads....?

That's the only legit use I could possibly think of for this thing.

sarah061
March 12th, 2010, 09:34 PM
That devise looks terrifying! I guess I'm lucky to have natural waves so I don't really know much about how difficult it would be to make waves in straight hair, but that just looks like a lot of work to me, and I'm pretty sure my hair would have crazy amounts of breakage. Watching her make beachy-waves really makes me miss the beach though, and summer. Glorious summer... Sigh.

walterSCAN
March 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM
That looks like the worst, most tangle-y, horrible device EVER for my hair...

Egads.

BranwenWolf
March 12th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I guess this makes me thankful to be a natural wavie.
I've seen some hairstyles that look for all the world like the person put gel on and then either combed it with an egg beater or garden rake.

LittleOrca
March 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
It just looks horrible. :( Her poor hair.

Starr
March 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
What a weird little device! I personally wouldn't use it, but different strokes for different folks right?

nienna42
March 12th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Oh my lord, that's frightening! I don't think my hair would ever come untangled after using that thing! Of course, my hair is very long and tends to mat all on its own. I suppose if you like the waves it creates, it could be a useful tool for shorter, less tangly hair.

Still... :scared:

CuddlyChicken
March 13th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Holy moly, why would anyone want to buy that? It looks horrible!

lapushka
March 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM
It doesn't look that wavy and the strands kinda look like they were backcombed a bit. Kind of a scary device. I kept thinking the strand was going to get caught at any time.

All that effort these days to look like a wavy. :rolleyes: It's funny. When I was younger, it was either popular to have hair as straight as possible or to have it permed. No inbetween or you'd get these juvenile comments ("Forgot to comb your hair?").

Anje
March 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Ah, just what I need. A device to give me all the tangles and mussed look of wearing my hair loose on a windy day, in the comfort of my own home!

Heidi_234
March 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I kind of expected more from the result. :? Definitely not worth the effort. Want beach waves? Go to the beach!

All I can do is LOL at it. I hope this thing won't live on for long. There's a standard LHC advise about not wearing your hair down when it's windy - this thing goes against this exact advise.

girloctopus
March 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
So it's like a wind tunnel for your hair?

Odd. It's so weird how much work goes into making these looks with heat appliances! I'd get a look similar if I just let my hair dry naturally and then sleep on it and wear without brushing :shrug: And I wouldn't have a terribly tangled mess like it looks like she has when she's trying to separate the waves.

Lemur_Catta
March 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I have this thing! The blow dryer it comes with is quite good. I tried to use this "thing" only once, but I only did one section of my hair...it was absolutely uneffective, plus it took ages to dry. After that one section, I just bunned my hair and let nature do the rest :)
My sister actually had the patience to blowdry all her hair with that thing, and the result was quite nice...actually, it is nicer if you don't separare the hair at the end, and use larger sections. But I don't think it's worth it.

Mutinous
March 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm amazed that this exists. Seriously, what is the point? It barely made a difference to her hair, and it would take forever. Fail.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 13th, 2010, 01:47 PM
that device is FAIL.

spiral rods FTW! :D

PineappleJello
March 13th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I can't imagine putting my hair through that device. I don't even like blow drying my hair a little bit let alone blow drying individual pieces for extended lengths of time.

It's not quite the same but it reminds me of an article I read in a cosmo magazine (or something like it). It said that it's good to blow dry your hair in the summer because the sun's heat can cause damage to your hair if it isn't dry before going into the sun.

PineappleJello
March 13th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just realized, her hair must feel awful. I live in a windy windy town and if I walk out side my hair feels so strange. The thought of what her hair must feel like, even without the dirt from nature's wind, makes me gag in a nails on chalk board kind of way.

Syaoransbear
March 13th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Looks like a dread maker to me :/

cellardoor
March 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM
haha oh my goodness that was pretty funny to watch...I really wonder how much damage that would cause, I know my hair is very fine and fragile so I'd probably have tons of splits from something like that.

Rivanariko
March 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I will never understand why people put so much work into getting their hair to look "touseled and messy". This makes no sense to me.

2peasinapod
March 13th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I will never understand why people put so much work into getting their hair to look "touseled and messy". This makes no sense to me.

LOL! I remember when the "bedhead" look was becoming popular (with so many $$$ products to get the look). I took one look and was like :confused: - that's exactly what my hair looks like in the morning for free!

Copasetic
March 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
That thing is one of the worst inventions of all time. It looks painful, and it didn't even do anything. Her hair just looked a bit messier afterwards. She could have used some styling products to get the same results.

ericthegreat
March 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Honestly, I could make my naturally 1a hair look much wavier than how this contraption did to her hair with much less effort. I could braid my hair when its wet and let the braids naturally air-dry, and then take the braids out for braid waves. I could also scrunch my hair when its wet with gel, and the waves would hold for a about hour or so before they fall flat and straight again.

talecon
March 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
oh wow now thats just silly, why not just twist ur hair up in different sections and bobby pin it up til it dries

adiapalic
March 13th, 2010, 11:28 PM
The product appears useless--just another marketing gimmick. Too much effort for such little effect--and yeah, all that flopping and twisting of the hair while it's wet probably does damage it.

Funny the products people buy and the effort they go through to make it look like they did nothing to their hair.

I could probably get this look by either ignoring my hair with no brushing/combing for a day or two, or sleeping with it unbraided and waking up with it like that.

Or bunning it damp and then taking it down without any brushing/combing.

kjirstiben
March 14th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Poor flogged hair... In theory, I think I can see what they're trying to do... If I section off my hair and twist it (manually!), then let it air-dry, it curls into beautiful spirals. Back when I used to visit a salon (many moons ago), they showed me how to do it--then of course they blow-dried it and turned it into a crunchy mass of straw and dried product. Sigh

julliams
March 14th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Oh my gosh that looks so wierd. I can't get my head around why someone would think that was a great idea.

tokidokichi
March 14th, 2010, 09:17 PM
that thing is scary

Sissy
March 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
oh my gosh... that thing looks horrible. I wouldn't ever try it as it looks quite damaging.

ademtce
March 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM
i swear you can see her wince in the video.

PineappleJello
March 15th, 2010, 12:11 AM
At least she's going to have super strong arms ?

Suszi
March 15th, 2010, 02:02 AM
It's funny AND scary!

Keildra
March 15th, 2010, 02:09 AM
You spend what $20 on that and then an extra $30 for shipping. Wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive only for that style to go out of style the week after you ordered it. So now you have a powerful $50 appliance that you're not going to use. but by all means if you like the look and are willing to untangle, then feel free to spend the $50.

Nae
March 15th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Now THAT was hilarious!! I have never seen such a crazy thing, what people won't try. I wouldn't do it because it would take forever and I have no patience for that sort of thing. But before LHC I might have been tempted for the entertainment value alone, that would have been more interesting than the regular old blowdryer at least with the wildly flinging hair.

Yeah, odd things amuse me. Of course my hair ends up looking a lot like that, a bit curlier if I just let it air dry so it would have been a waste of money for me, and I never waste money..... ahem. *looks innocently at DH*

Capybara
March 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Very, very, very ... err, how do I put this without being rude? Strange? :P

This reminds me of a machine they used to have about 5 or 6 years ago. It made rope braids, but ripped out many hairs and got caught multiple times in the process!

ArienEllariel
March 15th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yikes! Looks like some freakish way to get tangly semi dreadlock hair! :shocked:I cringed while watching the video.

ArienEllariel
March 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I guess this makes me thankful to be a natural wavie.
I've seen some hairstyles that look for all the world like the person put gel on and then either combed it with an egg beater or garden rake.

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

rchorr
March 17th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Ok, I'd NEVER EVER get the tangles out of my hair if I tried that! I might as well ride in the back of a pickup truck on the highway! Yikes!

RCHORR'

suicides_eve
March 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM
And people pay money for things like this?? I get this stylish look after riding in a convertible for 5 mins. geez:afro:

Akiko
March 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
OMG... That looks so damaging!! Beating hair to death.

Alia
March 17th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Funny, the last step was 'Style and Go!'...like sectioning, coating, and methodically whip-twirling your hair isn't styling? Look at her preening at the end, like, "Oooh, I am soooo hot!", lol. :crazyq:

leentora
March 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
That looks painful and scary lol it was twirling as if it could pull alot of hair out from the root/scalp completely.

Is it just me or did her hair look a hot mess afters, it looks as if it was still wet and there was not that much body to it. It also seems very tangled, that product does not seem like an healthy hair tool.

SHELIAANN1969
March 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Oh wow! :bigeyes: Let me put my hair into sections, stick those sections into a wind tunnel and beat the life out of them and then detangle and style, so it will look like I went to the beach?

Wouldn't it be more fun and less time and damage to just....GO TO THE BEACH?

It looks like a MegaPhone, someone needs to get on that MegaPhone and say STOP THE INSANITY!

(my hair looked about the same way when I was 9 and got it caught in the mixer beaters...yes, it was stupid, I was 9! :D )

Bast
March 18th, 2010, 10:49 PM
The music was catchy, if slightly repetitive, at least!

But yes, much easier, faster, and above all cheaper ways to get that look!

Juneii
March 18th, 2010, 11:00 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if hairs can talk I am pretty sure we can hear it screaming for mercy as it tangles with other hairs. That may be what the strange music was for...

I don't know what to feel about this more than "geez, people really do this and thinks it works?"
isn't that wind tunnel thing just making her hair tangle up? she is better off manually twisting sections of her hair and blow drying that.

VenusHalley
March 19th, 2010, 03:21 AM
"beach hair" is tolerable on beach, but otherwise I prefer if one looks like they bother at least to brush their hair.

I mean, really, so much efford to look just as if she just rolled out of her bed? And it looks really painful:(

hypersensitive
May 27th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I saw a youtuber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR-AG8sBTq8 review it back before I discovered LHC and I thought it was really cool! But I watched it again and even my mom thought, WTF?!! Cringe-worthy. Damp Rope braiding will work even better, especially for long hair

Tuntenut
May 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Free cookie to anyone who rings up the company and blames them for dicrimination because they don't make a 4' long version for knee-length hair. :hollie:

Shoga
May 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I LOVE beach waves and I'm totally all for them. But that device is laughable when it's so much easier to get those waves (and better IMO) with easier/cheaper methods.

Very, very, very ... err, how do I put this without being rude? Strange? :P

This reminds me of a machine they used to have about 5 or 6 years ago. It made rope braids, but ripped out many hairs and got caught multiple times in the process!
LOL I had one of those when I was 12! It DID rip my hairs out and took longer for me to set up than braid myself. :o

Malibu Barbie
May 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
This is so silly. I don't think it works at all. Just another scam and it looks like it would tangle long hair.

MindBeforeMouth
May 27th, 2011, 06:45 PM
0.0 that is scary looking. I would probly just do lose braids to get waves like that...

Sweet_Decadence
May 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Well, I was gonna say the end results of that look like my natural hairs wave.... but... I think I won't now.

dragonchickx
May 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
AHHH I can just see it sucking the hairs right out of her head, twisting them and smacking them around that horribly drying heat tunnel!!! Pass..

owlathena
May 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
That looks terrifying!!!

And I bet her hair would look the same if she just scrunched a little and let it air dry.

Gaelle27
May 29th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I can only say....lol! Thats just stupid.... and after that "styling" her hair look realy bad....
:pegasus:

pepperminttea
May 29th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Free cookie to anyone who rings up the company and blames them for dicrimination because they don't make a 4' long version for knee-length hair. :hollie:

:lol: The only thing is, I think if I used that thing, I'd never get my hair to knee!

Barniie
May 29th, 2011, 04:58 AM
No offence, but her hair looks TERRIBLE at the end. I mean, it like shes let it air dry, then backcombed it and added some frizz...

Melanie Marie
May 29th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I wouldn't take that thing if they gave it to me for free!! :couch:

julliams
May 29th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Ha Ha - she leaves looking like she just got up - lol. I think the idea is that it is creating something like a dread which you just kind of pull apart to style. I imagine that combing through that afterwards is a nightmare!!!

lacefrost
May 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Wow, her hair looks a hot mess. She would be better off washing at night and going to sleep. Or doing braid waves or something.

triumphator!
May 29th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I have that, and I enjoy it.

Forget y'all.

lorelai2012
May 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
If by "beach waves" that means "I look like I went swimming in the ocean and my hair got all gunkified and stringy and I didn't bother to wash it or comb it at all and it dried all strange" then by all means, a handy product to have!
I agree with the others, damp rope braid hair, it look like an actual style.
AND wont beat the crap out of your hair!
I totally agree, this machine looks like a heck of a lot of effort (drying every 1inch section separately!) with a pretty poor result.

milagro
May 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I never get this "beach hair" obsession. To me it looks like mashed waves. How can anyone want to do their hair like this, is beyond me :)
The device is scary.

gogirlanime
May 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
NOOOOO way I'd use that, I would say just braid your hair in big looser braids to get the same look.

Sunshineliz
May 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Well, I was gonna say the end results of that look like my natural hairs wave.... but... I think I won't now.

I'm with you.

QueenJoey
May 29th, 2011, 11:00 AM
And...how long does that take? My hair just does that anyways if I scrunch it while it dries, why would I pay for a contraption that whips my hair around? Oh Amazon...

HappyMuser
May 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
My sister has one of those! Her hair looks really good after using it, in comparison to the girl in the video.. I don't know about damage, though, but I don't think it hurts...

RitaPG
May 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
:Seems like a rather efficient device to form dreadlocks :D
But yea, her hair is just beating around the plastic tube thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't look healthy.

RitaPG
May 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
:rollin: oh you SO have to do that now!

Jadestorm
May 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Wow, it's like a 'get your hair tangled' device! And sorry, but I think the result looks horrible. Like she just hasn't combed her hair in weeks :cool:

enfys
May 29th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the end look; it just took longer than it could have!

This review is very honest, and shows why you can't brush for a smoother look:
http://www.hey-dollface.com/2011/02/dollface-reviews-remington-spin-curl-hairdryer.html#more-4265

I prefer Babyliss appliances myself :D

jojo
May 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
you'd get the same effect with a ton of hairspray and standing outside on a windy day! not really what id call waves. I will stick to my natural waves!

Arya
May 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Do you see the RATS at her roots this thing caused when she's separating the locks? I would need 2 hours, a bottle of conditioner, and a tangle teezer to get the tangles out afterwards, and I'd be able to make a rat with all the sheds and broken hairs.

And it says 'let it dry for a few minutes...so it doesn't even dry your hair? What is the point of this thing?

The end result is completely not worth all that effort. It looks very tangly. So I guess it would hold all day, then, right? Being held up by pure tangle.

GRU
May 29th, 2011, 08:24 PM
This review is very honest, and shows why you can't brush for a smoother look:
http://www.hey-dollface.com/2011/02/dollface-reviews-remington-spin-curl-hairdryer.html#more-4265

The review and comments killed me:

the instructions provided by Remington:

Step 1:Wash and condition hair as normal. Towel dry and detangle and for added bounce and shine apply styling spray.

They expect you to detangle your hair, then put it in a tangler tunnel, then detangle it again. :confused::confused::confused:

I’ve got one of these – in fact my hair in the picture I use on my twitter profile was achieved with it. It’s quite a good effect, but only if the planets align correctly and you’ve got a lot of time. I found the same thing, it took twice if not three times as long for me to dry my hair with this than with a normal hairdryer and the finished look was often inconsistent.

BWAAHAAHAAHAAA :D

And can y'all imagine MY hair in one of those contraptions? :blueeek: :blueeek: :blueeek: :blueeek:

beez1717
May 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
OMG that's scary. I don't get it why some people feel that their hair looks best if it is matted together and looks fried? I knew someone who had shortish hair like that and I still don't know if it is short like that because of breakage or if it is short like that because she wants it neck length..... Who knows? Anyway, I agree that there are better ways of getting a good curl. I'm however one who tends to prefer stick straight, and we all know the iron just does horrible things for ones hair.

Slinks
May 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't take that thing if they gave it to me for free!! :couch:

lololololol :lol: :-)

Sooze
May 30th, 2011, 01:37 AM
It's the bit at the end that gets me........ "Style and go......" ;);):D

spike316
May 30th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I would never have the patience for this. @_@

Lilli
May 30th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I don't like this look. I think it just makes people's hair look damaged and rough and dull. Never mind the freaky contraption.

Angeletti
May 30th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Thanks for sharing the link, I always love to see what crazy stuff they will come up with next. It made me cringe when her poor hair was getting thrown around in that device!

Sunshineliz
June 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM

"beach hair" is tolerable on beach, but otherwise I prefer if one looks like they bother at least to brush their hair.

I mean, really, so much effort to look just as if she just rolled out of her bed? And it looks really painful:(

Hey, my hair only looked a little better and wavier than that this morning AFTER I combed it. If I brushed it it'd just be one huge poof. Just sayin you guys aren't helping any wavies feel ok about their natural hair.

At least I didn't beat it to death like the girl in the video:D Just fell asleep with wet hair. Gonna have to live with the "beach hair" look today and hope nobody else thinks I look touseled and messy (or if they do that they like it;))

Alvrodul
June 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM
And can y'all imagine MY hair in one of those contraptions? :blueeek: :blueeek: :blueeek: :blueeek:
Certainly! Instant dreads? :bigtongue:

Kome
June 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
That thing looks SO stupid. Wth? It'd be so much faster just to seperate your hair and scrunch. o.0

nena_shawty
June 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I give it 2 thumbs down ughhh scary .. Im gonna have bad dreams of that thing tonight lol..

lillyofthecelts
June 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Thats so funny, I get the same effect by just not brushing my hair in the morning!
By the way, Angeletti, your hair is AMAZING! Do you henna-indigo it? I'm very jealous. :D

vanillabones
June 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The girl in the video looks to have the same type of hair as mine.... baby fine, and thin and straight with some bleach damage left on the ends HAAA
Wow that thing is literally beating her hair. It looks like a damage-maker machine it was SCARY watching her use it *cry* ... if it makes you look and feel that stupid while using it it's probably not a good idea ;)

Mesmerise
June 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Not only all that...but it'd take ages to do all your hair... It seems like an awful amount of stuffing around for a style that doesn't even look very good in the first place! And the damage... EEP!

MeganE
June 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Bahaha this, totally. It looks ridiculous. A blender indeed, I wouldn't let that thing anywhere near my head. You could probably get the same look by letting your hair get caught in a fan. This makes me think that someone is thinking, "Hm, how can we damage hair today?" and then trying to sell the product that ruins hair the most.

Flossy
June 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I like the finished look, but my hair would cry if I made it do that.

BlazingHeart
June 26th, 2011, 11:45 PM
It kind of reminds me of our vacuum cleaner (we have a Dyson, which has a big clear chamber where you can see the dust and doghair and Blaze hair spinning around).

The style reminds me of the students I had when I TA'd as a grad student 5-6 years ago. About a third of the girls would come into class looking like that every day, while the rest would be flat-ironed to hell.

~Blaze

leslissocool
June 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM
This looks terrifying to me!

I guess I am lucky I have wavy, natural bed-head hair. I really don't understand why someone wants it that way, I used to make it pitch straight myself.... Seeing this device totally made me appreciate my natural texture!

Anyways... It does look like a blender indeed...

heatherbelle
June 27th, 2011, 05:19 AM
:scared:That looks like pure hair torture!! I get that smae look just letting my wavy/curly hair air dry without any anti-frizz stuff on it! :D

Jules2910
June 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Id have to be very angry with my hair to want to out it into THAT torture chamber!

bluesnowflake
June 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM
That looks scary. And it doesn't even look pretty when she's done!

wvgemini
June 27th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hm. While the contraption definately looks scary, I do something similar (although without the heat whipping) to help define my waves a bit.
Towel dry
Spritz of product
Twist sections of hair (nothing tight or crazy, just twists)
Hit with a dryer a bit
Let air dry, fluff and go :)

October
June 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
That device does look pretty weird. :eek: