PDA

View Full Version : Who wants ultra long?

Xan
May 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking I'm at 35" and just think its starting seem long to me, I would like it from knees to floor if possible. I hope my hair hasn't stoped at 35" would love to get long like some of the others on the site such an inspiration.

Xan
May 2nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
sorry ultra

Cheery
May 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I also want ultra long hair. It's about waist length now and doesn't seem like it's grown much at all in a long time, but I'm hoping it won't stop until it gets to my knees or even longer.

redpenny
May 2nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I do but I can't, my hair is one inch away from classic and it stopped growing at that over a year ago. I would like to go to knee but I don't think that will happen :(

nastasska
May 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
I want ultra long but I've been concentrating on improving the ends recently so I'm only at waist

julya
May 3rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
I think that ultra long hair is so beautiful, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll let mine get. I really can't even wear it down much at all anymore because of the tangles I get after just a few minutes.

jera
May 3rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
I'd love hair to my knees if I can get that long. Who knows. By the way nastasska, what do put in your hair?? It's absolutely gorgeous. The transformation from photo 1 to photo 2 was STELLAR.
If I had hair like yours I don't think I'd care if it grew to my kness or not. I'd just be thrilled with it as it is. :cheese:

sahiba
May 3rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
I DO.I love ultra long hair.

Medvssa
May 3rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
I love it, but I think that with my hair type and shedding problems I have now and then, that's never gonna happen :shrug:

OR Cowgirl
May 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Oh, absolutely!! I'm about 46 inches now (could be more, haven't measured in a couple months). My goal is 50 inches (about knee) but I would be tickled pink if my hair kept growing after that!!

Periwinkle
May 3rd, 2008, 05:00 AM
Hm: at the moment, I'm still thinking that when I get to waist/hip, I'll look at it and think 'omg I have long hair!'. However, ideally, I'd like to go longer than that (fingertips, probably). I don't think I'd want much longer than that though.

Saoirse
May 3rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
I have ultra long, and am not sure if I want it for keeps. :D

Shanarana
May 3rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
For me ultra long hair would be pass my hips. I don't plan on growing any further than that, but than again once I get there I could change my mind I am after all a woman. :)

eresh
May 3rd, 2008, 06:19 AM

Sure you do ;-)

I'm at knee and it still doesn't feel like ultralong often...
Now I'm aiming for the ankles after seeing all the lovely ladies here with ultralong hair *hopes ankles come before terminal*
I'm not going further after that (I say that now :-P )

DotDotDot
May 3rd, 2008, 06:31 AM

:O Does that mean you're up for donating it? :D

I would love ultra long hair. If I recall right, way back when my hair was the longest it's ever been (about classic) it stopped growing there. Now I'm taller and I think that, in inches, it's about the same length as it was then (almost skimming TB), and it hasn't grown in over a month, so I'm worried that this is the end of the line. :( I guess I have to wait over a year before I can be sure, though, so we'll see.

harley mama
May 3rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
I don't know that I could handle having ultra long hair. I love seeing it on others but, I am basiclly a lazy person and that much hair takes a lot of work (I can only imagine this part).

I will probably stop at classic. That is, if I can get my stall to start again!

Saoirse
May 3rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
I'm at knee and it still doesn't feel like ultralong often...

I think you have hair dysmorphia :D

anna1850
May 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
I'd quite like to grow it to terminal once, just to see how long it would grow. But long-term I think I only want classic or maybe TB.

It would be cool to try and break the record but I think that's like 220" so I don't think I'll do it somehow!

eresh
May 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
LOL! (Saoirse)

(I only read your post in the length/thickness topic just now, glad you're not cutting but allowing yourself to continue with the possibility to always be able to go back to another more practical length :))

Saoirse
May 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
LOL! (Saoirse)

(I only read your post in the length/thickness topic just now, glad you're not cutting but allowing yourself to continue with the possibility to always be able to go back to another more practical length :))

Thanks! :heartbeat

I'm trying to take a Zen route, permitting thoughts and desires for different lengths to arise without disrupting the flow :D

x

freznow
May 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
I want ultra long. If I don't get to knee before terminal, I'd be miffed. But I do intend to reevaluate each length as I get there, like Saoirse, and determine if I want to (and am able to) go longer or not.

Patrycja
May 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
My next goal is waist,it'll take me quite awhile to get there...after that-TB

yes-I want thigh length hair.Beyond that? I don't know.We'll see!

Stagecoach
May 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm aiming for knee, currently at 49" and I've still got a good solid 6-7 inches to go. However, I don't think I"ll go longer than that.

BUT, I said that about TB and classic as well, so who knows. :)

And I too often feel like my hair isn't long. I've come to the conclusion, that for me to think my hair is long it would have to be as tall as I am!

LilyMunster
May 3rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
I am going for ultra long. I know I have the patience. Now to see if I take after my Auntie who has hair to her calves.:cool:

~Lady Stardust~
May 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
I guess I'll have to see..I'm still trying to get to bsl! :D

akka naeda
May 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
I guess I have ultra-long hair, but because I don't wear it loose very much at all I tend to think of it as being about TB/classic (that's the length of my plait) when actually it's knee. I know, even my plait is probably ultra-long:)

I would like to see if it gets to ankle length, just to see if it's possible, but no longer than that. I'm also thinking that anything longer than calf length would be too long as there would be no way I could ever wear it down at all, so I might start a trimming cycle when it gets about 6" longer so the ends thicken up.

Anje
May 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
I want ultra-long, at least for the time being, but I also want healthy and reasonably thick. Knee length would be awesome, calf length too, if I can handle it. Once I get past tailbone, I know I'm not planning on having hair ending north of it again!

akurah
May 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
I want to grow mine as long as I can stand it--I'm hoping it'll get longer than I am tall, but I doubt that. When I'm either done or fed up, I'll probably cut it to either knee, classic, hip, or waist length. I haven't given it much more thought than that.

Meli
May 3rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
I want my hair as long as possible - so far I've always set new goals as soon as I reached one. And when my hair was the longest it has been so far, I did not think it was long enough... :silly: I don't know how long it will grow, but I really hope I'll make it past classic. Would I ever get knee-length or more - then I'd be over the moon!

Leisha
May 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I go back and forth on it. I was past tailbone and cut back to around waist (layers) about a month or two ago.

I don't think ultralong hair is for me, but on the other hand... there is something about it isn't there. :)

So I'm not sure yet :) especially when I see the gorgeous heads of hair on this forum, I lean more towards "yeah let's keep growing it" :lol: ;)

But I have a tendency to change my mind a lot and that gets in the way of growing my hair very long, seeing as that would take a couple of years without cutting (much). :o

TammySue
May 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
I said I would never let mine grow longer than TB and I am now close to classic!

Quite frankly, the idea of discovering what my terminal length is intrigues me! :D

Angela_Rose
May 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
i am currently at only 40", so i'm nearing super-lengths, but i am shooting for knees and hoping like mad that terminal doesn't come first!

super_pudding
May 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
I would LOVE to have ultra long hair but as of now it can barely be called BSL. I hope my patience doesnt wear out :rolleyes::D

AmandaPanda
May 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm going for mid-thigh. That's definitely considered ultra-long to most people

rhubarbarin
May 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
I want ultra-long so bad! But I doubt I can get there. I shed like crazy and my hair isn't very thick.

Gutterfayrie
May 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
don't think I want ultra long.... I'm gonna sit at waist to grow out old damage and then maybe go to TB or classic, but thats the longest I would want.

boukje
May 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Does a braid ending at classic length mean ultra long hair :rolleyes:? If so I want ultra long hair hehe.

The longest I will ever go is thigh length, but I don't think I can reach that length. My aim for now is classic (hopefully be there by the end of this year) and then I will maintain to get thicker ends.

sibylla
May 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
I´m heading for calf length. I have a looooong way to go so I´ll be stickin round here for years to come..

Nevermore
May 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping for/aiming for hair that's at least classic. I'd be happy with it there, but overjoyed if it kept growing. I'm planning to stop at floor or terminal, whichever comes first, and then cut away the layer-y bits (somewhere between 8 inches and a foot) so I can have mostly one-length hair. That said, if floor comes and it's still growing, I may just let it continue to grow until it becomes wholly unmanageable, then cut it back to an easier length which would probably be floor or ankle.

angelthadiva
May 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'm almost to classic; I want to see how long it will grow...I don't think I would let it grow much past knee lengh though. I asked DH the other day, and he said I had about 12" to go to knee length! Dang long legs! :(

Medievalhair
May 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm aiming for knee which is 52 in. I'll be here for a long while.

mira-chan
May 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'm almost to classic; I want to see how long it will grow...I don't think I would let it grow much past knee lengh though. I asked DH the other day, and he said I had about 12" to go to knee length! Dang long legs! :(

You are not the only one with this problem -_- I'm at thigh/ Golden ratio length and have 12" to knees too.

I'm trimming to get rid of some iffy ends and thicken them up right now but then being lazy and scissor avoidant I'm sure it will grow. :shrug: I'm curious what my terminal length is but I don't feel like making any more goals since I reached my goal of classic.

coppercurls
May 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
I am just letting it grow and see where I end up.:shrug:

Suldrun
May 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
I want to see what my terminal length is so I will keep growing untill it stops. I hope that its classic or beyond. It would be fun to get to the floor but I can't imagine keeping it there forever but we shall see ;)

AshleyP
May 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'd like my hair to reach about upper thigh length - slightly longer than classic. I dont know if I will ever manage to get there - as I get very bored easily and break out the scissors. :o I've been good though since New Years this year. I gave myself a 6 month goal of no cutting - and I really havent! So, next month will be my goal accomplished - then I will probably trim up about a tiny quater of an inch and go for another 6 months. :D Surprisingly, I haven't had too strong of a desire to cut it all off yet.

dontcallmejessi
May 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Right now I'm just hoping for waist. but the idea of finding my terminal length does sound kinda fun. Not sure I could handle much past waist though

AJoifulNoise
May 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm going for terminal length. Wherever that ends up. I would really like to get my hair to grow down to my knees or longer.

snowbear
May 3rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
I'm going to see how long my hair can grow, see what my favorite length was, and then cut back to that. So far, I'm at hip with no visible taper.

vindo
May 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
If my hair was thicker or at least taper less I would consider thigh or knee..
The way my hair is now I am already pushing it a little aiming for classic..everything past hip is really thin..funny how it does not thin out much more though o_O

jastark84
May 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
I want my hair to be an inch or two past classic. Right now I'm working on cutting out damaged parts every couple months, and my hair has dramatically improved, by not breaking off anymore.

hazelfaern
May 4th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I want my hair to grow as long as possible! Floor length would be great... though, right now, I'm still just shooting for tailbone.

angelthadiva
May 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
You are not the only one with this problem -_- I'm at thigh/ Golden ratio length and have 12" to knees too.

I'm trimming to get rid of some iffy ends and thicken them up right now but then being lazy and scissor avoidant I'm sure it will grow. :shrug: I'm curious what my terminal length is but I don't feel like making any more goals since I reached my goal of classic.

Glad I'm not the only one! :D I was doing pretty regular S&D for a while, like the first few weeks of joining LHC. I had some nasty split ends from growing out bleached highlights...So I wasn't seeing much progress in length (at the time). I began doing the updo challenge just after Thanksgiving, and noticed my hair grew an inch. I'm attributing that to me taking better care of it and wearing it up faithfully. I'm going for overall healthier hair while maintaining as much length as possible.

I too, am not making any goals. I was at TBL when I joined, and never one time measure my hair before joining LHC...I just want to see how long it will grow and to have it look healthy in the process. :flower:

Here's to growing long with you! :cheers:

socks
May 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I suppose my hair could be considered "uber-long," but it's nowhere long enough for me and I intend to continue growing it until it reaches my ankles, at least.

gretchen_hair
May 4th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I want super dooper ultra.. I am realizing mine is long too when it is constantly in my way.
I guess when you feel the urge to cut it means its kinda long..

Chamomilemaiden
May 5th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I would love to have floor length though I don´t know if that´s possible since my hair is not of a very good quality and I don´t think I do have the right genes. However, I think I probably got the best genes for my hair I could possibly get in my family. I´m trying to reduce the breakage now. Floor lenght is my dream but I would probably be lucky to get to hip or classic length. But then I never thought I could have waist length and I´m there :-) ... so... I will wait.... :)

tiny_teesha
May 5th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I love knee length....but i don't think i can pull it off....
I would love TB length! But Classic and knee look so romantic!!!

jojo
May 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
my long term goal is classic which is 17" off yet for me, if i cannot cope with it this length, then i will settle for hip.

Anyway, still traveling on the long hair bus and the next stop is BSL for me just 1 more inch! see you all in long hair land eventually!

Delenn
May 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Tailbone was my goal for the longest time, now that I'm nearing the home stretch I'm starting to wonder if I want to bump it to classic. Right now I really don't know what my ultimate goal will be, I guess when it starts annoying me that's my sign to trim a little.

lirael
May 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I definitely plan on having ultra long hair. I'm at about 44 now (a few inches below classic for me) and it's still growing at a normal rate, so I should be at my goal of mid-calf in a few years. I'd like to go for floor length but then I would never be able to wear it down and I love showing it off!

meichigo
May 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
What defines ultra long? I am aiming for mid-thighs, does that count? My hair is about as long as yours (well, a tad shorter, but who knows what our height difference is), and it won't feel properly long until it is tailbone length again... And even then I will want to go longer!

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm at classic, which two years ago I would have called entering ultra long.
Now I'm making mini goals of fingertip, knee, mid calf, ankle, floor.
Ultimately, I 'm thinking knee/midcalf as the cut-back-to length (and the woman who waxes my eyebrows will get the job).

blue_nant
May 10th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I want ultra long but I've been concentrating on improving the ends recently so I'm only at waist

Nastasska! Your ends are so different in your pics! Wow! Great for you! Mine rather peter out ...

I keep growing and oiling and doing little trims, hoping to improve the "hemline" ... I'm going for ultra. So far the mop is continuing to grow (yay) and when it stops, well, it stops. We'll see. [ shrug ]

Actually, I want a braid that's longer than my arms.
I want a braid that I have to wrap around my neck sometimes to keep out of the way.
I want a braid I have to use a doorknob to braid all the way.
I want a braid that hangs out the bottom of my coat.
I want a braid that drapes *past* my butt instead of resting *on* it
I want a really really long braid!

DeeM
May 11th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'd love to grow my hair ultra long, right now it's the longest it's ever been, which is just passed waist length.
Each new stage it reaches makes me more determined to grow longer as I love it more and more.
To many people, I already have very long hair, but on this forum, sometimes I feel as if I haven't really got long hair!
I love reading about others with longer hair than I have, which makes me dream of mine achieving even longer lengths.
I haven't set any goal lengths, but a length that really appeals is knee to calf length, although I don't know if it will grow that long but I can safely say, if it carried on growing once there, I'd let it!!
Having a husband who is fully supportive and a fellow long hair gives me extra confidence, and in fact, it's almost a long hair race........which I'm winning!! hehe.

teela1978
May 11th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure I'd want extra long. In college I made it to about tailbone and couldn't stand how often I was sitting on it and getting it caught in things. I'm kinda thinking that waist would be long enough for me.

Starr
May 11th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I want classic length when curly and dry- which would be ultra long when wet, considering how much visible length I lose to shrikage. *sigh* It's going to take FOREVER!

swanns
May 11th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Actually, I want a braid that's longer than my arms.
I want a braid that I have to wrap around my neck sometimes to keep out of the way.
I want a braid I have to use a doorknob to braid all the way.
I want a braid that hangs out the bottom of my coat.
I want a braid that drapes *past* my butt instead of resting *on* it
I want a really really long braid!

Ooo, I agree with all of this!

I'm just going to let my hair grow as long as it grows (fingers crossed it'll be classic at least) :)

Xan
May 11th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Cool looks like there are more people than I thought that want long long I would be thrilled if I can make it to knee and anything longer would be a bonus just letting it grow till it doesn't grow any more, happy growing.

Igor
May 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I’m toying with the idea of going for the longest hair in Denmark from time to time… I think I saw in the Guinness book of records some years back that it’s not really that long compared to some of the lengths we have at LHC. They seem to measure the length of the longest individual strands and not from the forehead so a Danish record would be something like calf to ankle length on me

:shrug:

Saoirse
May 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I’m toying with the idea of going for the longest hair in Denmark from time to time… I think I saw in the Guinness book of records some years back that it’s not really that long compared to some of the lengths we have at LHC. They seem to measure the length of the longest individual strands and not from the forehead so a Danish record would be something like calf to ankle length on me

:shrug:

Your hair would be very impressive at those lengths! :)

n3m3sis42
May 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure yet. I'm going to get my hair significantly past waist first and then probably hold there for a little while so I can work on the ends and general health before growing more. Currently, I am at can-I-call-this-waist length.

I find the idea of growing to classic length pretty appealing, but I don't know if that really qualifies as ultra long. Right now anything beyond that is hard for me to imagine on myself, so I'd have to say that for the moment I guess I don't want ultra long. That could change, though. :)

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by ultra long, but I do want it ultra long. I want to get my hair to its terminal length. I'm hoping that isn't where it is right now, it seems to have stalled a bit at just past tailbone.
I hope my term will be at least a bit past classic. I'd love to feel my hair on my calves or ankles, though, if I can. :D

Igor
May 11th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Your hair would be very impressive at those lengths! :)

Thank you :flowers: I still have some years to go before I see if I can even reach it though ;)

DaveDecker
May 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Thank you :flowers: I still have some years to go before I see if I can even reach it though ;)

Given how thick your hair is at its current length, I predict you can definitely reach that goal. :agree:

Haldir
May 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I want term or at LEAST knee-length... but the problem with that is that I go to metal concerts often and I love to windmill and headbang... it's very doable at my current length (waist) but it's going to be quite impossible if I grow my hair to my dream length. Looks like I'm gonna have to pick!

Lady Godiva
May 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Who wants ultra long?
Hmm, I haven't decided yet...;)

:silly:

Marlitharn
May 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I was originally going to stop when I hit 42" (since 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything) but now I'm almost there and I think maybe I'll keep going, for a while anyway. I just wish I could wear it down sometimes but it tangles up if somebody looks at it cross-eyed. I want a braid I can use as a weapon!

betsala
May 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM
my psoted goal is 45 inches (which on me will be classic length i think), but my secret goal is knee (shh, don't tell).

Igor
May 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Given how thick your hair is at its current length, I predict you can definitely reach that goal. :agree:

Cinnamon.locks
May 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I would love to have ultra long hair, at least to my knees, but the longest it has gotten is classic, and that was 15 years ago. so after a long time of trying to fix damage and layers due to breakage i'm again trying to get it classic or longer. i hope it at least grows to mid-thigh.

Right now it's about 4-5 inches from waist and i'm doing all i can to get it to grow fast and un-damaged.

Poppy Seed
May 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I'll join the club!

My hair is at the longest it's ever been (a new length name: damn-nearly classic!) But I want to see how far it will get...I'd love to feel it brushing the backs of my legs - somewhere, anywhere would be good for starters!

**Hijack**
Marlitharn - gorgeous avatar style! How do you do it??

Unnamed
May 16th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I do! Although by some definitions I'm already there, I suppose (mid-lower thigh or so?).

I'd really love at least calf length, the top of which is about 10" away, but no idea if hair'll get that long! I'm growing to whatever terminal length is. :D

Saranne772
May 16th, 2008, 11:22 PM
My main goal is knees (I am at can I call this classic?) then I think I will keep growing until such a time as I marry and have children when I think longer hair would not be practicable!

Nynaeve
May 16th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hmm, I haven't decided yet...;)

:silly:

:smirk: ;) :D

I was originally going to stop when I hit 42" (since 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything) but now I'm almost there and I think maybe I'll keep going, for a while anyway. I just wish I could wear it down sometimes but it tangles up if somebody looks at it cross-eyed. I want a braid I can use as a weapon!

Hmmmm, I wonder where 42" would be on me.....

TheSpottedCow
May 17th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I want ultra long hair. I am also at 35" and it does not seem long at all. It's V shaped, and the longest strand is hip length, but that's still not that long to me!

I plan to keep it long term because I've wanted this hair for years and years but had to grow out two feet of dye before getting to grow length.... Even when I have kids. I wear my hair up in a quick bun all the time anyway.