PDA

View Full Version : Is This You?

SurprisingWoman
March 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
There is a website called people of wallyworld (only not that exactly) with one of "us" on it. I don't know if there is anything you could do if it was but since I would at least want to know I thought I would let you know.

If you go to the site it's under newest pic's from today.

Just an FYI

It said it was taken in PA, knees to mid calf length, fairy tale ends, gorgeous blond color being protected under a maroon sweater

ETA stuff

Calista
March 12th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I don´t understand which website this is on...? :confused:

SurprisingWoman
March 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
If you google "peopleofxxxxxxx" with X= the real name of "wallyworld" you will find a website of people whose pic's were surreptitiously taken and sent in.

There is a pic of a "sistah long hair" on there. I hope that is clear enough. The mod's don't like links and I don't blame them.

HTH

Calista
March 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
But what is "wallyworld"? "The real name of wallyworld"? :shrug:

Yarn Muse
March 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I think she's talking about W*l-mart. Replace the * with an a. I notice you are from Germany; maybe you don't have those stores there. Here in the U.S. they're everywhere.

Sheltie_Momma
March 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
You know, the place with all the rollbacks. (probably not helping)

bumblebums
March 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hmm, the Mrs. Ed picture, you mean? It's actually a really funny picture, but of course the site usually makes vicious fun of people and never means well, so even if we might think it's cute, they don't intend it that way.

Calista
March 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks, I do know Walmart, but I wasn´t familiar with the term "wallyworld". :lol:

ETA: Yay, I found the site, and the pic! I think it´s kinda funny, because it does look like a horse´s tail, the way it´s emerging from the sweater. Doesn´t make it right to publish pictures without the owners´ consent, of course.

melrose1985
March 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Wal Mart.

Personally i find this site to be funny, but that lady you are talking isnt something i would look twice at. It doesnt seem that out of norm. Plenty of people get their hair tucked into their jackets

christinemariep
March 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I've heard of this site! It is a funny pic....and I love her hair, but yes, the website is mean-spirited, so I definitely would not want my pic there.

nellreno
March 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Are we not allowed to say Wal*Mart?

Toadstool
March 12th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Walmart! There I said it. Is it a swear word in America?

SurprisingWoman
March 12th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I obvs think it's funny or I wouldn't have been there to see.

My daughter got my SIL's photo with one of his high school girlfriend's published on awkward family photos and it was hilarious. He got more guff off of that. She had shirts made with the photo for his 30'th and I bet it is brought up a lot more than that over the next few years!

I think her hair is lovely but if my hair was on a website, anywhere, I would want to know.

It is a snarky site but honestly some of the people are beyond belief.

Yarn Muse
March 12th, 2010, 02:31 PM
It *is* sort of a funny photo, and does look like a tail the way it's sticking out from under her sweatshirt, but I would LOVE to see all of her hair down.

Some of the comments on that site are horrid.

Rennire
March 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
That woman and her beautiful hair don't deserve to be pictured with all those other crazy looking people!

naereid
March 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM
There are only two dozen comments, but they already contain most of the things mentioned in the Dumbest hair comments you've received? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26513&highlight=locks+love) thread! :p
- she is selfish to keep it for herself instead of donating it to LoL
- she must not have a life outside maintaining her hair
- she must be religious
- she must be dirty

Wanderer09
March 12th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Why can't we say Walmart? :confused:

That picture definitely odes not belong there, and some of the comments are obnoxious.

*wonders if the girl is an LHCer*

MsBubbles
March 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Oh I geddit. It's supposed to look like a tail. Actually it does! It's kind of cool.

But man...ay ay ay...I think I went blind from the first pic I saw when I went there. :brainbleach:

goodenough
March 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm proudly religious, selfish, and sometimes dirty--and I most def have no life. And I have short hair-lol. Long hair won't change that. And I'm proud:)

Flaxen
March 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
It's perfectly okay to say the name Walmart, but please, don't anybody put a link to the site. Not only is it an extremely mean-spirited site, but some of the photos break our site's content rules. :flower:

ravenreed
March 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
To be honest, if I ever make it on one of those silly sites, I don't need to know. I had a friend who did, and she was devastated. I am not here for anyone's approval, nor do I care if they find my hair/clothes/personality/what have you odd or extreme. I don't care what their reaction is, even if it is to post it on some ridiculous website somewhere. Life is too short to worry about what a bunch of anonymous, trollish people are going to say to anything that they find out of the ordinary.

AnitaThorn
March 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Walmart! There I said it. Is it a swear word in America?
Hahahahaha! I love that, you totally made my day. :D

MandaMom2Three
March 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
:agape: You said the "W word" :agape:

SurprisingWoman
March 12th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I do tend to err to the side of caution when linking and things. I have been edited before!

I was at WM recently and the young man checking me out told me how much he loved "my era, the 60's and how he wished he had been alive during that time." I had my hair in a hairstick and after he made comments about how cool it was that I had gray hair I had to take it down and let him see it wasn't just gray, it was long and gray.

His jaw dropped to the floor! It was great. He was in shock.

MandyBeth
March 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
PoW has lowered their standards of mockery recently. It's not nearly as insulting as it once would have been.

spidermom
March 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Those photos are strangely addicting. I kept hitting next even though I didn't want to.

Carolyn
March 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Walmart! There I said it. Is it a swear word in America?It is at my house. Since I used to work there :p

catysue
March 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM
That is a really strange way to wear your hair, though. If you want it protected, why not just wear it up? If you want to wear it down, why not just wear it down? It's not very efficient protection either, everything below tailbone/hip-ish is still loose and out there...... it looks silly. I don't get it. :confused:

flutterbudget
March 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Those photos are strangely addicting. I kept hitting next even though I didn't want to.

I completely agree! I've been trapped by it many a time.

But just FYI ladies, I clicked a link the other day that went to that site (can't remember from where now), and my spyware filter went nuts. So be careful.

BlackfootHair
March 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
It's amazing how hoochie some women can dress!!!! OY VE!

farewell_nancy
March 12th, 2010, 08:20 PM
It is a snarky site but honestly some of the people are beyond belief.

I agree. I don't think it's mean spirited, mostly just silly. I would assume that the people pictured didn't have a problem with how they looked since they went out as they did and the captions I saw seem to highlight the unusual quality of their appearance rather than just ridicule them. It's fair to say hair that long is unusual so I don't think it's out of place on the site.

I think the old lady in the clogging dress is adorable.

Fiferstone
March 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I saw that pic today as well. My first thought was that it was lovely and she was definitely not a "Wally World Creature"

Haters always gotta hate, to quote Tom and Lorenzo who blog about "Project Runway":

"..angry troll-like people who live in holes and scream at the sight of the sun."

Apparently, they also scream at the sight of well-kept blonde beyond-classic length hair.

Their loss. I just enjoyed the pretty.

BranwenWolf
March 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I would love to see all of that hair out of the sweater.

If I found a picture of me on those sites I'd be pissed and try to find the submitter's info so I could sign them up for cruddy spam.
I look like crap when I go to Wally World some days... I mean at least I put clothes and shoes on for heaven's sake but some days I'm sick and just in there for noodles. It's not a fashion show.

ETA: Though... the people not wearing certain necessary items of clothing are a little ridiculous. (shoes, shirt, uh...pants on that first lady...)

ETA 2: I forgot that there was a guy dressed in a Daniel Boone/Mountain Man getup who used to cruise the Wal Mart here looking for turkeys, and shaking a turkey call.
I don't know if he was off his rocker or just trying to cheer people up but it made shopping interesting.

sarah061
March 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM
She has pretty hair! And it does kind of look like a tail coming out of the bottom of her sweatshirt like that, hehe, but I don't think that's in any way deserving of being on that website - I've seen a LOT more unusual things on there than just someone with long hair. Must have been a slow day... :shrug:

Chrissy
March 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I think her hair is very pretty. I wish mine was that long!!

Teresa9000
March 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
That is a really strange way to wear your hair, though. If you want it protected, why not just wear it up? If you want to wear it down, why not just wear it down? It's not very efficient protection either, everything below tailbone/hip-ish is still loose and out there...... it looks silly. I don't get it. :confused:

Maybe she put the jacket on as an afterthought, as she was rushing out of the house perhaps, and didn't think to pull her hair through. It looks like she's already got it in a low ponytail, so maybe she didn't notice the added tension of the jacket pulling her hair.

pennyroyal
March 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
yea, i would love to see her hair without the ponytail! it looks gorgeous!

Starr
March 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
{snip}
ETA: Though... the people not wearing certain necessary items of clothing are a little ridiculous. (shoes, shirt, uh...pants on that first lady...)

{snip}

This is the part that irks me. . . I get being comfortable in your own skin, but I don't think anyone's shopping experience should be disrupted by the sight of some else's butt cheek hanging out, lol.:p

Heidi_234
March 13th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I kind of doubt she's an LHCer. I think we take more caution with our hair, and would put it up somehow instead of letting it rub under the sweater. But her hair looks lovely! This might be the only person I would love to see shopping next to me in the wally world place out of that entire blog, if I ever happen to be in one. :p

CuddlyChicken
March 13th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I think "wallyworld" fits perfect for that site. Not for the people who are shown on it, but for the people who comment. I might think "wohha" when seeing some of the people on there, but it's neither right nor acceptable to post pictures of them and comment in such a horrible way. Just no.

Nae
March 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I looked at the picture this morning and noticed that almost every negative comment about her was already hidden due to high amounts of thumbs down. I wondered if this was the LHC effect.

I also thought it was interesting that there seems to be a head to head battle for the Locks of Love comments, 19 thumbs up to 17 thumbs down. Hmmmmmm.......believe me I was voting on these things, I don't want her devastated if she ever finds out.

FrannyG
March 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I haven't looked at the photo, because I am against that site on principal. I don't like making fun of people for the way they look, whether it's long hair or whatever the case may be. :(

missy60
March 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=Carolyn;1009909]It is at my house. Since I used to work there :p[/QUOTE

Ok now that explains it, I didnt know you used to work there.

Merewen
March 13th, 2010, 07:34 AM
If I had hair to my knees like that, I'd probably do the horse-tail thing on purpose. Gallop around my apartment... *considers amending hair-length goal*

Heidi_234
March 13th, 2010, 08:04 AM
If I had hair to my knees like that, I'd probably do the horse-tail thing on purpose. Gallop around my apartment... *considers amending hair-length goal*
lol :rollin:

Carolyn
March 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Damn. I tried to comment but I got an error page twice so I gave up. It looks to me like it could have been a windy day and she was containing her hair under her sweater while she walked in to the store.

dearladydisdain
March 13th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Damn. I tried to comment but I got an error page twice so I gave up. It looks to me like it could have been a windy day and she was containing her hair under her sweater while she walked in to the store.
Yeah, I used to do that on windy days sometimes (before I found LHC and learned to do updos). I only had classic length hair, though.