PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I have a hair plan

ohiofritty
March 12th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I only say this because I looked at my avatar over there and it says I'm planning to grow my hair to waist length! me! with waist length hair! woo!

(okay yes I had some caffeine)

Anyway, I'm still pretty hair-excited :D

(and its friday!)

:cheese:

Joette
March 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I'm with you. I didn't plan to have a plan, but when I filled out my profile it asked how long my hair was, so I had to measure (best estimate because I don't have an actual tape measure) and of course then the next step is to figure out how long til my next goal (and a cry when I realized how long I'll have to wait to get there). So yeah, now I inadvertently have a plan too!

chopandchange
March 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I have a NEW hair plan now! My initial plan was to have a "length goal" which would be maybe tailbone, maybe classic, maybe longer.

Now my goal is not really to reach a specific length. It's to grow my hair until it's long enough for the weight of it to drag it down and stop it going POUF!! :cheese:

How long will it need to be? Who knows! That's the exciting part. :cool:

GoddesJourney
March 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I've never cared this much about hair in my life. This hair bored has taken control of my mind! :D

Dreams_in_Pink
March 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
i also made a workflow :D
1) get rid of scalp problems...kinda done.
2)settle on a hair routine.
3) cut down on blowfryer.
4) once hair reaches BSL, dye the ends to match the roots.
5) once at tailbone, cut back to waist to gain my original thickness (and get rid of dyed damage)
6) virgin at tailbone :)

can you beat me?? :D

ohiofritty
March 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
oh man!

I haven't touched a blowfryer since going WO :D

1) stay away from sun in.... STAY AWAY (I will probably fail at this come summer time)
2) learn how to bun/braid (this has to wait till my hair is a little longer to truly be successful I think, half ups aren't my thing)
3) watch as my hair comes in more and more silver making it look quite interesting the longer it gets!

I really don't have a workflow there, just a list of random things, ah well!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
yea, when you don't have many problems you also don't need a workflow (like my flakes and damages dyed ends...)

by the way, i think your length is ideal for you to learn french & dutch braids. since you don't have a bulk of hair to carry while learning, your arms will thank you.

ohiofritty
March 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
by the way, i think your length is ideal for you to learn french & dutch braids. since you don't have a bulk of hair to carry while learning, your arms will thank you.

>_> I admit I have spent some serious time in the women's bathroom here at work (there's a couch in there!) trying this. I get about halfway down my head with the braid when it feels like I just don't have enough hair. Of course, its been a few weeks since I tried, maybe today is the day to try some more!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM
looking at your hairtype, that might be because of your hair slipping through your hand. mine's 2a and very coarse so it's very easy to hold in hand.

Liss
March 12th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I was the same when I signed up on LHC, all I knew was that I wanted long hair. My idea of long hair three months ago was about waist, I thought tailbone was really, really long hair!

So when the sign-up process asked me to state my goal length, I first measured to see how long it would be to reach waist, then decided to be really daring and make tailbone my ultimate goal.

Now I've been on the site long enough to avoid any other form of productivity in my daily life and my views on long hair have changed significantly. I now view waist length as the start of being considered long, tailbone as reasonably long and ankle length as ultra long. I've also modified my ultimate goal to knee length!

I think its funny how my perspective has changed after seeing so much stunning long hair here.

Chamomile betty
March 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
It's good to have a plan so you can think of routines/products/hairtoys you want to try on your journey. You might want to keep a written journal of things you have done or what you plan to do.

Happy Hair Growing.

FrannyG
March 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I love that you have a goal!!! My goal it technically tailbone, but I've been thinking for a long time that waist might be just right.

In any case, I'm excited for your journey! :blossom:

cardamom
March 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I too dint have a definite plan when I joined LHC.
However,I made my routine after I met some hair giants here.I've also restarted my mom's herbal hair oil and other traditional recipes.:)

I even made notes on -Cinnamon hair's routine,Nightshade's henna,Spidermom's tips,Xandergrammy's ways,Indigonight's indigo, Oceanwoman's, Justme's, Tabitha's,FrannyG's......Ooooh! It is along list!:D

Glad to say,I grew 1.5 inches in 28 days which is a great achievement for my hair which was almost static.:cheese:

CuddlyChicken
March 13th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I didn't have a hair plan either when I joined. Now I'm convinced that I need to reach waist, maybe even tailbone :D

ohiofritty
March 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I just wanted to post here again and say:

THANK YOU Dreams_in_Pink!!

You got me really trying to braid my hair again, and not only can I do a french braid, but I did a double french braid friday and saturday (along each side of my head)!

The braiding is still rather loose-ish, but I've got to think I'll get better with more practice.

:cool:

Purdy Bear
March 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I'v got a sort of hair plan:

1. Study everything hair.
2. Check with Drs for pre trial look (thats on 8th April).
3. Then go and try everything livingly possible to get my hair to grow back.
4. Badger God with prayer, every second of every hour of the day until he gets totally miffed and lets my hair grow back.
5. Then when its growing Im going for Waist to tail bone.
6. When Iv finally got it the way I want, Im going to let as many people know as possible how I did it, totally free, and hopefully help them too.

Capybara
March 22nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
I've never cared this much about hair in my life. This hair bored has taken control of my mind! :D

True that! :rolleyes: I have spent so much time on here these past weeks!

I don't regret it, though. When you see results, and are encouraged by tons of wonderful people, it's worth it! :flower:

ArienEllariel
March 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM

same here! :laugh::hifive:

urara12
March 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM

same:p hair hair hair !hehe