PDA

View Full Version : I put teflon in my hair....

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Yes, teflon. Becuase the original name Biolage Conditioning Balm is not true. :)

Soft, slippery hair is now on my head and it is *hellish* to put up. So, it seems that I have to choose between dry, thick hair that works wonders in updos or soft fabolous hair that is thin nd not acting well in updos.

What to choose??

deviantkitten
March 12th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Ugh I am having the same problem. I bought moisturizing poo and condish and I do a night before oiling on my hair to help the ends. My hair feels great, looks great, but it is hell to try to put up. It is too slippery!
I hope someone can find a solution for you!

Calista
March 12th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Hypnotica, where do you get Biolage in Sweden - in a regular brick-and-mortar store? Or do you order it online?

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hypnotica, where do you get Biolage in Sweden - in a regular brick-and-mortar store? Or do you order it online?

You can get at the hairdressers or online.

Arctic
March 12th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I have to have that, I want teflon hair :D

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I have to have that, I want teflon hair :D

It's not that fun :) But all means, try it! Could possibly be the best conditioner I have tried regarding detangling and shine.

BunnyBee
March 12th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Gee thanks I just went and bought some :rolleyes: I'm so weak.

I need some good detangling lol

Liss
March 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the world of slippery, soft hair!

All I can suggest is the techniques that often pop up on the fine/thin/straight hair threads - basically, styling when it's damp and using some aloe gel to hold it in place. Also be prepared to adjust the sticks and combs a few time throughout the day. (see, the grass is not always greener :D)

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Gee thanks I just went and bought some :rolleyes: I'm so weak.

I need some good detangling lol

I'm just happy to do some evil enabling :D

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the world of slippery, soft hair!

All I can suggest is the techniques that often pop up on the fine/thin/straight hair threads - basically, styling when it's damp and using some aloe gel to hold it in place. Also be prepared to adjust the sticks and combs a few time throughout the day. (see, the grass is not always greener :D)

You see, I have been in this world long enough but it started to be a problem after my lastest trim. :)

I think some cassia treatment should "rough up" things in a good way. Planning to do this tomorrow while doing root touch-up with henna.

missy60
March 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I didnt think Biolage had cones in it so what would be the teflon? I think there is an Ultra conditioning balm that maybe does have them. Has it been reformulated?

xoxophelia
March 12th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I use this conditioner and it is almost not heavy enough for my hair! Oo... It is still very thick with a lot of body after using it. Ugh.. how do I find something even thicker?

Eboshi
March 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I ADORE this conditioner for just this reason :grin:

Bonkers57
March 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome to my world :cool: Another way I manage updos is to not wash my hair for a few days.

Yes, teflon. Becuase the original name Biolage Conditioning Balm is not true. :)

Soft, slippery hair is now on my head and it is *hellish* to put up. So, it seems that I have to choose between dry, thick hair that works wonders in updos or soft fabolous hair that is thin nd not acting well in updos.

What to choose??

nowxisxforever
March 12th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I use this conditioner and it is almost not heavy enough for my hair! Oo... It is still very thick with a lot of body after using it. Ugh.. how do I find something even thicker?

Try leaving it in longer. I put some in my hair after getting home from work, and braid & bun, then wash that night, and shampoo, then put more on and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then rinse.

Hypnotica
March 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I didnt think Biolage had cones in it so what would be the teflon? I think there is an Ultra conditioning balm that maybe does have them. Has it been reformulated?

The conditioning balms does have one cone, but it is almost in the end of the list so I don't really count that. I guess it's there for other reasons then hair conditioning.

BonnyJ
March 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I happened to be near a salon not long after reading this thread :eyebrows: and bought a small tube of it. Will try it tomorrow and hope to have teflon hair. The cosmetologist said that it is super, super moisturizing which is what I need.

flutterbudget
March 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
The conditioning balms does have one cone, but it is almost in the end of the list so I don't really count that. I guess it's there for other reasons then hair conditioning.

I didn't see a cone on mine, what am I missing? But I actually have the Sally's knockoff, I think, are they different? :confused:

ETA: But I am a huge fan of teflon hair. That's why I had such a hard time prying my fingers off the cones...

Brat
March 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I want teflon hair! Mine tangles just lying on the cotton shirt on my back! What's the name of the Sally's version, is it just as good? Should i get the name brand?? I need!!!

flutterbudget
March 12th, 2010, 08:59 PM
It's one of the "GVP" products. It says something like "compare to Biolage Conditioning Balm". I've never used the name brand, though, so I couldn't say for sure if it's just as good. But I definitely like it.

ETA: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Conditioning-Balm/SBS-264074,default,pd.html

(But now I am worried because I don't think mine has that "new improved formula" thing on it.)

MandyBeth
March 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Enablement, that's all this forum is good for. Well, it's worth a try at least.

Rhiannon7
March 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the world of soft and slippery hair. i manage fine doing updos, but hairsticks do slip out quite often, so i use scrunchies or braided buns to keep the hairsticks in place. I'm used to this type of hair, always had it so nothing different for me to learn how to attach updos and keep them in their place.

I've always wanted to do figure 8 buns and eternity knots but can never do them. but learning slowly to do different buns.

Gilly
March 12th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I am currently waiting for 3 x 500ml tubs of this to be delivered to me!!!:cheese:
I'm gonna have Teflon hair!!!:cheese:

winter
March 13th, 2010, 12:31 AM
My hair is like that all the time, unless it is really dirty :) You learn to live with, but especially when it is newly hennaed it is impossible to keep even in a simple braid.

I'll have to try that balm soon, sounds like something for me.

Hypnotica
March 13th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Sorry!

I mixed my conditioners up, Biolage conditioning balms does *not* contain ant cones!

GlassEyes
March 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM
The reasons she might have a cone and we don't is a) there are two Biolage conditioning balms and b)my understanding is that Hypnotica is from Europe, and if you live in the U.S., formulations are often different for products. :shrug:

The traditional balm and the GVP sally's version were the same in 2004. I haven't bought the original since I started with the GVP, so I can't say anything much about it. It IS an epic conditioner though.

GlassEyes
March 13th, 2010, 06:15 AM
It's one of the "GVP" products. It says something like "compare to Biolage Conditioning Balm". I've never used the name brand, though, so I couldn't say for sure if it's just as good. But I definitely like it.

ETA: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Conditioning-Balm/SBS-264074,default,pd.html

(But now I am worried because I don't think mine has that "new improved formula" thing on it.)
That picture has been there a while, I think. I ordered bottles off the site a few months ago, and they didn't have it either.

missy60
March 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM

Try the Ultra Conditioning Balm, but like I said it may have cones in that one. It is suppose to be even more richer then the original, but I have tried it. I love the original and it does seem to just keep improving your hair after several uses. It is really rich for my hair so now that it is in better shape I use it like a deep treatment most of the time.

Tresses
March 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I've been eyeing the Biolage lately. Hmmm...might be worth doing when I plan to wear my hair down. :thumbsup:

girloctopus
March 13th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I've had a bottle of the GVP version hanging around for a week or so and inspired by this thread I mixed up an SMT using it. I'm looking forward to teflon hair :D My hair's been a little dry due to the crazy weather. I can't believe how thick the consistency is!

Hypnotica, I think that if you can't get it into an updo, it's a sign that you need to wear it down and enjoy it in all its silky teflon glory :)

rags
March 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I have teflon hair naturally, and I use this for a deep treatment. The last time I used it my hair wouldn't even stay in a braid! It slithered loose in record time even for my Houdini hair.

You may have to use it like I occasionally use cones - only for a down day.

Brat
March 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Well crap, the chick at Sally's had never heard of Biolage Conditioning Balm and gave me the Naturelle Biotera conditioner. Going to an actual salon and buying the real stuff tomorrow, I think.

Kaijah
March 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Isn't this stuff just the greatest? I love super thick slippy conditioners so it's perfect for me. <3 Teflon hair. That's a good way to describe it! I use the Sally's version because it's only $6 versus $24 for the real one, and I'm a poor college student. :D

I think there are two Biolage balms floating around. I looked at the "real" Biolage at Target maybe two weeks ago, there was one that had identical ingredients to the Sally's GVP Balm (it was in a shorter, squat tub like this one (http://clipsncuts.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/IM003288.228170300_std.jpg)), and one that had amodimethicone (in a taller, narrower tub like this (http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/86506/200.jpg)). Though I guess it's possible the 'cone one was an old formula, because there was only one tub left and it was in the same space as the squat balm containers. :shrug: Who knows.

TiaKitty
March 13th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Teflon hair! Yay, my scrambled eggs won't stick...

GlassEyes
March 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Well crap, the chick at Sally's had never heard of Biolage Conditioning Balm and gave me the Naturelle Biotera conditioner. Going to an actual salon and buying the real stuff tomorrow, I think.
Ask for GVP conditioning balm at Sallys. They only sell the knockoff brand. It's less than half of the full priced stuff. Actually, it might cost a fourth of the normal price.

I actually got a bottle of this stuff today, and it's been updated to the 2008 formula. Still not that different from what I can tell, ingredient-wise, and still no cones.

ravenreed
March 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I swear that stuff is the only way I can be no cone. My hair is impossible to detangle otherwise! I get the Sally's version and I love it.

Magdalene
March 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
hehehe I just bought the Sally's version this weekend. I don't think I would like it for everyday, but great for getting the tangles out! Boy is my hair shiny, right down to the ends!

Arctic_Mama
March 15th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I may just have to acquire some for the rare occasions I want to wear my hair down and not have it be pokey and dry-looking! But I admit it is great hair for an updo, which is my default 95% of the time.

Sorry your hair is slippery!

Carolyn
March 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I love the stuff but it doesn't give me all that slippery hair. Maybe nothing can give me super slip? It gives me soft and moisturized hair. As I've said in my blog, my hair eats conditioner. There is no such thing as too rich conditioner and my hair can't be too well conditioned.

I noticed it on a twofer sale at one of the WM Smart Style salons. They were having a deal on Biolage liters and the tubs of conditioning balm were included. Younkers salons had it on sale a week or so ago too. Not sure if it still is now though.

MandyBeth
March 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Ok, Sally's GVP version. My hair which has been slowly progressing towards tolerance for being up has put in it's refusal to do so at all today. Tho I do like the moisture.

But errm, the directions on use on the website "After shampooing, massage into wet hair. Leave in 1-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For intense conditioning, leave conditioning balm in hair 1-3 minutes. " I just left it on for 1-3 minutes, Captian Redundancy. And if I'm supposed to put it on again, where is the second rinsing instructions????

gmdiaz
March 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I love this conditioner and yes, updos falling down & out.

Oh well.

Today, I, sort of, managed to keep a (BBB) bee butt bun up but had to use two curvy, Ketylo sticks to do it.

Brat
March 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Ask for GVP conditioning balm at Sallys. They only sell the knockoff brand. It's less than half of the full priced stuff. Actually, it might cost a fourth of the normal price.

I actually got a bottle of this stuff today, and it's been updated to the 2008 formula. Still not that different from what I can tell, ingredient-wise, and still no cones.

I will try to go back this weekend to get some, thanks!

Yozhik
March 15th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evil enablers!
First the horn comb, then the tangle teezer and Bpals, now this!
Eeek! :)

BunnyBee
March 16th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Yay it arrived today! Wash day! :D

I got mine (250ml) on Amazon for about £4.99. We'll see how it goes...:cheese:

Fethenwen
March 16th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Teflon in hair :-( ? Yikes.

Hypnotica
March 16th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Teflon in hair :-( ? Yikes.

No, read again...

girloctopus
March 17th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Hypnotica, judging from that beautiful new avatar, it looks like you got your excessive silkiness and slipperiness under control :D Beautiful!

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hypnotica, judging from that beautiful new avatar, it looks like you got your excessive silkiness and slipperiness under control :D Beautiful!

Well, that avatar hairdo is one of two styles that I can do now. I blame the trimming for that.

Cinnamon Hair
March 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I'm late to the party, but yeah Biolage Conditioning Balm rocks! Like an earlier poster said, try damp updos. My hair always stays up better when it is at least slighly damp. If you don't want to wash you could use a spray bottle...with just water or add in a more of the Biolage for a leave-in type spray.

petitepraline
March 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Just ordered mine from Amazon and can't wait :)

Tresses
March 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Picked up a bottle of Sally's version this evening. :D

SimplyViki
March 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
You know, I'm sure not too terribly long ago there was a "Teflon for hair" thread going on. I keep on thinking you went and tried whatever product was talked about then. :lol:

I love Biolage, but for me, the "teflon" effect comes from Mega Moisture. And it's a very much desired effect. :inlove:

babybabycat
March 23rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hey folks-
I was wondering where I can pick up a bottle of Biolage Conditioning Balm. Sorry, I should read all the posts to figure this info out.
Thanks everybody!

Armelle
March 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hmm...must find this stuff. I wonder if it will loosen the waves in my hair. Has anyone noticed this effect?

Kaijah
March 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Hey folks-
I was wondering where I can pick up a bottle of Biolage Conditioning Balm. Sorry, I should read all the posts to figure this info out.
Thanks everybody!

You can find the Biolage balm at Target, Walgreens, Wal Mart, salons, almost anywhere hair stuff is sold. I'd go to Sally's Beauty Supply if you have one, though, and get the GVP Conditioning Balm (it's the generic version, and has identical ingredients) for about a fourth the cost ($6 versus $25 for 16 ounces). Walgreens also has a generic version, but I forget the name.

Hmm...must find this stuff. I wonder if it will loosen the waves in my hair. Has anyone noticed this effect?

Nope. No loosening at all for my curls/waves, in fact the moisture helps mine form. It doesn't leave a coating that will weigh you down, it just gives so much moisture and softness that everything feel slippery!

merseaone
March 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the world of soft and slippery hair. i manage fine doing updos, but hairsticks do slip out quite often, so i use scrunchies or braided buns to keep the hairsticks in place. I'm used to this type of hair, always had it so nothing different for me to learn how to attach updos and keep them in their place.

I've always wanted to do figure 8 buns and eternity knots but can never do them. but learning slowly to do different buns.

I have found that the only way I can get my hair to do any updos or braids is to use lots of gel and hairspray otherwise within 5 minutes my hair is down.Quite embarrassing if you are in public when your hair decides to deflate!:cheese:

Hypnotica
March 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Is there anyone that have seen Mega Moisture in Europe?

Tresses
March 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Last night I did a post-wash SMT under the heat cap. Today, I had to redo my hair at least 5 times with 3 different styles. I was utterly frustrated! It wasn't until I fixed my hair for the 4th or 5th time that I realized I had used the GVP Biolage Conditioning Balm in my SMT and had given myself teflon hair. :o :lol: It didn't do that when I used it as a regular conditioner in the shower.

I have to wear my hair up tomorrow. Think I'll try some pomade to hold it all together. :ponder:

young&reckless
March 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
So I bought the teflon and I love it.:cheese:

I've been slacking on my cassia treatements so this had made I nice replacement.:D

MandyBeth
March 29th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Is there anyone that have seen Mega Moisture in Europe?

I can't say I've even seen it in the US.

However, my hair is very happy currently with the GVP version of the teflon. Even with the no-cones, I have the GVP version of their "texturizing cream" or something like that that's coney. My hair doesn't overly like the coney sprays, gets too much cones on the roots yet, not enough on the tangle prone ends. I smooth in a big dab of the stuff with a tiny dot of the conditioner over my ends, then a small dab of the stuff over the top of my hair

However - 2 things.

1. My hair is much wavier now. Almost curly sections over my entire head vs the prior few ringlets, some waves, mostly straight-ish.

2. I've had major growth in 1 week. Just holding my hair in front of my chin without pulling it too straight (it's the straighter section tho it's starting to wave/curl at the ends), I've got about 1/4" in a week - from 1/4" below where I hold it to 1/2". I've not changed my DE, MSM or biotin amounts, and I can't say I've noticed anything outside of slow/average growth on them before tho' I didn't measure so I don't know exactly. Tho this has returned my almost-gone pixie grow out mullet. Time for another 1/2" off in back.

lilish
March 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I actually like the BJ's knock-off better. It hasn't been available in a while so I bought the Biolage one and it is better than most no-cone conditioners, but it just doesn't seem to have the teflon effect with my hair.

melrose1985
August 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I bought Sally's version of the Biolage. I realize it's kind of the same, but did anyone notice a difference?

I used the sally's brand over night last night, my hair is a bit softer but not how some of you say... I want some slippery hair!

Danaus plexippu
August 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
When my hair is too slippery for an updo, I use Redken fabricate heat-active texturizer on dry hair. It does have a cone in it, but it gives my hair a little stick to it. A little bit goes along way though. Too much and it's a mess. I just spray a touch on the undersides of my hair and put it up. It gives nice volume when hair is limp too. Oh yeah, looking at the ingredients it has protien in it too, so it may not be for everyone.