PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

chelly
May 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hello :] I'm brand spanking shiny new, and ready to get my grow on! (sounds horrible doesn't it??) But anyways, i'm 22 years old and from Alberta canada, i suffered a bit of a hair tragedy about a year and a half ago when i switched jobs from cooking (nice warm damp environment with hair loving hairnets) to an office job where my waist length hair turned into a giant ball of poof! I'm now desperately trying to grow out all my damage and get back to my pretty long hair after cutting off about 1-1.5 feet of hair. I just hennad my hair for the first time ever about 2 days ago after years of using red commercial dyes and love it! I thought i would be stuck with my horrible ash brown hair forever hehe.

Anyways enough about me :] nice to meet you all and i look forward to checking out your forums.

Also could someone tell me my hair type so i can fill that out in my profile? This is the only pic i have before my hair disaster struck :O Thanks :]

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/HAIRZORZ.jpg

jera
May 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Hi chelly, welcome to the boards. Glad you found us. What a terrible hair experience you had. I don't think I'd have the courage to chop off 1 and a half feet of my hair at one go no matter what. You're very brave. Hope you'll have some good luck with regrowing.
To cut down on poofiness I use Nexxus Keraphix. Makes hair nice and smooth, and it's got protein for strength. As to you hair type, I not altogether sure, being new to LHC myself but there are lots of knowledgable members here who'll get it right for you in a snap. :D

I'll look forward to hearing about your progress, maybe we can help eachother through the growing process. I'm from New England, and this harsh cold winter that's just past has reeked some kind of havoc on my poor hair. :(

lilalong
May 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Welcome.
Awesome hair color!

~Lady Stardust~
May 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hi :waving:

I'm pretty new here too and you'll find everyone is super helpful and very nice!

Raederle
May 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Welcome to LHC :waving: To type your hair, you'd need to post a picture of how your hair looks drying naturally, left unmanipulated, after being wet. I work in a dry environment, too. I know how tough it can be on hair. Some members spritz their hair throughout the day with a mixture of water and a tiny bit of conditioner to help.

florenonite
May 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Welcome! Another Canadianite!

justgreen
May 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Hi and welcome to the boards!

If the pic in your hair has not been blown dry or straightened, I'l say you were a 1b/1c. To get your *i* (Thickness), gather into a high pony tail and use a measuring tape.

chelly
May 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
thanks for the help :] that is how my hair naturally drys and the colour is koolaid XD

hazelfaern
May 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome, Chelly!