PDA

View Full Version : Strange looking coarse hair!

little_cherry
March 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM
This morning, I was checking out my new trim (I found a fantastic hairdresser) and I found this strange little course hair..
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4945&pictureid=66456

The "wavy" part is right at the tip of the hair.

And here is the course strand in all its glory:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4945&pictureid=66457

Initially, I thought that this was as a result from splitting, but that didn't make too much sense since it was so thick... much thicker than the rest of my strands.

The only theory I have for this is that the odd tiny wavy growth pattern happened at a rather stressful time in my life.

Firefly
March 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I find a random hair like that now and again too. Strange, isn't it? I just try to be happy that my whole head isn't made up of them! :D

spidermom
March 11th, 2010, 01:53 PM
All kinds of odd things are happening on our heads when we're not looking, it seems. Sometimes I find a hair with a tight corkscrew curl right in the middle of what seems a relatively straight hair otherwise. What's up with that? I can't imagine.

Great photo; thanks for sharing

little_acorn
March 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I get some of the random ones too :D, great photos :D

Peter
March 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Haha I get those too!

little_cherry
March 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Your very welcome. I took it with a Nintendo DSi...actually, I'm rather impressed how well it came out!

Wow...tight corkscrew randoms... I would be absolutely fascinated to find that on my head!

I can't even imagine what my hair would look like if it was all in teeny waves like that! It almost looks as though it was a part of a teeny cornrow. :D

sugarpixie10988
March 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I get those too! My hair is dark blonde but I'll randomly find REALLY dark brown (almost black) hairs on my head that are exactly as you described, really course and totally different from my very straight hair texture.

habioku
March 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I have those mutant hair too :lol: They are usually thicker, darker and curlier as the rest of the hair.

Katurday
March 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I found a few coarse hairs that start straight, then wiggle like yours, then straighten up again. It either grew like that or was shaped by an updo or odd drying.

Copasetic
March 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I find random hairs like that too. I find that they happen when I untangle my hair.

Have you ever used a pair of scissors to turn a flat piece of ribbon into a curly piece by dragging the scissor blade along the length of the ribbon? I think these hairs are kind of like that. When they get pulled out of a knot, they curl. At least I think thats what happens to me . :)

GoddesJourney
March 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I have a lot of those around the "halo". Join the club. No worries. They're normal.

Konstifik
March 12th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Oh yes, get those too! I've found some hairs that are bent in an almost 90 degree angle, without haing any damage (as far as I can tell), really weird. O_o

Juliannaissance
March 12th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I get a hair like that sometimes, it feels like a wire and it curls.