PDA

View Full Version : "Is this really what my hair looks like from the back?" shocker! (pics)

Margeaux
March 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I realise now that I don't take progress pictures nearly as often as I should - I often forget, thinking the length of my hair varies anyway (considering my curlier and less curly days).

...that is, until someone straightens your hair. Seeing the picture below (taken one day after straightening) was such a shocker to me - I knew I'd gotten past BSL, but I didn't think of this! It's longer than it's ever been, and it's as soft as silk! I don't think I've ever felt better about my hair :D:D:D Please excuse my headless flailing and overuse of exclamation marks...

I'm still in the BSL-to-Waist thread, as I obviously consider my hair in its natural state (see avatar and siggy pics). On an unrelated note, I always find it funny how straightened hair looks a few shades lighter (in colour).

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/_houdinilogic_/ikkehaarmaart2010.jpg

little_acorn
March 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Actually I think you are at waist with it straightened - it look glorious :D

Shimmy
March 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Pretty, and it looks so soft.

Fethenwen
March 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Yey! That's awesome :cheer:

sarah061
March 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Oh my gosh, you hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! It looks so shiny and healthy and *pretty*! :crush: I hope my hair can look that nice someday - and I'm totally jealous of your length *sigh* Excellent work! :)

spidermom
March 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Your hair looks so absolutely gorgeous straightened (but don't do it too often, o.k?).

freckles
March 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
wow, you have such gorgeous colour :)

Calista
March 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM
That is a lot more than waist - thatīs almost hip. But glorious indeed! :)

*Rose Red*
March 11th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Very gorgeous!

Firefly
March 11th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Woah--shiny! :sun: Very nice!

cindy58
March 11th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!!

jenga
March 11th, 2010, 02:14 PM
What amazingly beautiful hair you have! Absolutely gorgeous!

urara12
March 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
very beautiful hair !! and I think your hair at Waist line!
mine is still bit above BSL and wish grow like yours!

Sissy
March 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
wow, it looks fantastic both curly and straight!

Spring
March 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
That's the kind of surprise I would love!

MsBubbles
March 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Very pretty, beautiful hair either straight or curly!! Lucky you!

chargersfan
March 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Beautiful!!

Barbie Diamond
March 11th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Your hair looks great both ways but it is hard to believe it is you. I is very pretty and I am sure you got a lot of compliments on it from friends and others.

pennyroyal
March 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
it looks so soft & silky! i love it but i love it curly too! just beautiful!

GoddesJourney
March 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Agreed. I have a friend with hair similar to yours. Hers looks lighter when straightened as well. I guess the light just reflects off it more.

myrrhmaiden
March 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Wow that is some amazingly gorgeous hair you have going on there!!!!(exclamation points!)
But seriously... :thud:
Grats on gaining more length that you had previously realized. I'm looking so forward to that very day as well.

camirra555
March 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Your hair looks amazing!

Rhiannon7
March 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Lovely hair! so shiny and soft looking. congrats.

melusine
March 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh wow, your hair is *absolutely gorgeous* .. :inlove: Congratulations on your length :) I think your hair looks wonderful straight and in its natural state.

Bellona
March 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Your hair is similar to mine in type, but yours is soooo long and pretty. It's really inspiring!

ericthegreat
March 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I am hypnotized by your gorgeous shade of blond! Your hair is so shiny and healthy! I love it both in its natural curly state and also when you blow it out straight!

cardamom
March 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Green with envy!:D

xoxophelia
March 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Angel hair!

Oskimosa
March 11th, 2010, 11:42 PM
That is a lot more than waist - thatīs almost hip. But glorious indeed! :)

I agree. Looks lovely!

countryhopper
March 12th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Your hair is sooooo beautiful!! Looks so healthy, too!

Juliannaissance
March 12th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Beautiful curls!

invisiblebabe
March 12th, 2010, 12:55 AM
You have beautiful hair! :)

Not to derail your thread, but I noticed your signature and am wondering what "handsome alien" means. I know the 3w4 sx, but had to ask about the rest ;) (I'm a 4 sx, not sure if 4w3 or 4w5, if you're wondering ;))

Anyway, enjoy your lovely, shiny, LONG hair! :D

MissManda
March 12th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Your hair is jaw-dropping, both with your curls and straight! The shine and color of your hair looks very elven, actually.

Margeaux
March 12th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Oh wow! I'm even more surprised logging back in and seeing all these replies! Thank you all for the lovely comments! :blush:

Spidermom - I straighten my hair once every 7-8 months just for the purpose of seeing how long it is. I love wearing it sleek and silky but the risk of damage weighs heavier for me... So don't worry, it won't happen too often ;)

Invisiblebabe - The phrase is a bit of self-mockery, I guess! I found the description on a website (they have taglines like these for every type). Threes always want to stun others, fours feel they don't belong anywhere - so there you go, 'handsome alien' :) I suppose the difference between w3 and w5 lies in appearance and in reaching out - do you pay a lot of attention to what others think of you, do you feel you've got to "prove" yourself to the world and "prove them wrong" at that? Do you work with an audience in mind? If the answer is yes, you're probably a 4w3. I can't really speak for 4w5s but they're supposedly more inward-looking.

Aditi
March 12th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Very Gorreous!!!! Actually i find your hair a little longer than waist :)

Arriens
March 12th, 2010, 02:54 AM
On an unrelated note, I always find it funny how straightened hair looks a few shades lighter (in colour).

I think this is due to the light what falls on it. On straith hair, all the hairs get the same full light on it. With curlies, you get shadows on the hair which is closer to the scalp, making it less bright which causes in overal a darker colour.

@that 4w3 and 3w5 stuff, please link the url.

Margeaux
March 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I think this is due to the light what falls on it. On straith hair, all the hairs get the same full light on it. With curlies, you get shadows on the hair which is closer to the scalp, making it less bright which causes in overal a darker colour.

@that 4w3 and 3w5 stuff, please link the url.

Hey, a fellow Dutchie :p What kind of url are you looking for, exactly? General Enneagram descriptions or a type test?

cellardoor
March 12th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, I am envious of your curls!

kevala
March 12th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I always wanted gorgeous, bouncy curls like that. Your hair looks incredibly shiny and beautiful both curly and straight!

SurprisingWoman
March 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Your hair is lovely. I always wanted curls like yours.

Beautiful.

Sisko
March 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Lovely hair! Your picture really puts the straight vs. curly hair journey into perspective.

Xandergrammy
March 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Beautiful!! (but I still like it better curly) :gabigrin:

heatherovka
March 12th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Love it! Looks really great.

Prism
March 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Gorgeous either way. And I totally think that if you want to call your hair waist length (or maybe even hip?) you're absolutely entitled. Your hair *is* that long.

lorig713
March 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Your hair is fabulous! :flower:

Fairlight63
March 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Your hair is beautiful curly or straight.

GlassEyes
March 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Wow. Extremely pretty. It looks sort of like liquid gold that's been lightened with cream, or something.

skysraine
March 12th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I Love the color of your hair, Simply Beautiful*** Both ways:heart:
I realise now that I don't take progress pictures nearly as often as I should - I often forget, thinking the length of my hair varies anyway (considering my curlier and less curly days).

...that is, until someone straightens your hair. Seeing the picture below (taken one day after straightening) was such a shocker to me - I knew I'd gotten past BSL, but I didn't think of this! It's longer than it's ever been, and it's as soft as silk! I don't think I've ever felt better about my hair :D:D:D Please excuse my headless flailing and overuse of exclamation marks...

I'm still in the BSL-to-Waist thread, as I obviously consider my hair in its natural state (see avatar and siggy pics). On an unrelated note, I always find it funny how straightened hair looks a few shades lighter (in colour).

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/_houdinilogic_/ikkehaarmaart2010.jpg

invisiblebabe
March 12th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Invisiblebabe - The phrase is a bit of self-mockery, I guess! I found the description on a website (they have taglines like these for every type). Threes always want to stun others, fours feel they don't belong anywhere - so there you go, 'handsome alien' :) I suppose the difference between w3 and w5 lies in appearance and in reaching out - do you pay a lot of attention to what others think of you, do you feel you've got to "prove" yourself to the world and "prove them wrong" at that? Do you work with an audience in mind? If the answer is yes, you're probably a 4w3. I can't really speak for 4w5s but they're supposedly more inward-looking.

Haha, nice! :) As for your question, hard call... I am definitely an achiever, but a very introspective one... Myers-Briggs-wise, I'm an INTJ, and my N preference is off-the-charts high.

I'm looking at various descriptions of 4w3 vs. 4w5, I'll let you know if/when I figure it out ;)

What's your Myers-Briggs type?

Margeaux
March 13th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I can't find the blush smily, but guys... I feel extremely flattered by all your kind words for my hair! :blossom:

I'm looking at various descriptions of 4w3 vs. 4w5, I'll let you know if/when I figure it out ;)

What's your Myers-Briggs type?

Please do let me know when you've figured it out, you've got me curious now :D My Myers-Briggs type is ENTP ('The Visionary', http://typelogic.com/entp.html) - my N variable being off the charts high also (a 85% to 15% ratio if I remember correctly). I don't suppose we could be the same M-B type as Threes are often extroverts, while Fours tend to be introverts (with the exception of some 4w3s) :)

maskedrose
March 13th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Gorgeous!! I love your curls, but it looks great straightened as well :D

invisiblebabe
March 13th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I can't find the blush smily, but guys... I feel extremely flattered by all your kind words for my hair! :blossom:

Please do let me know when you've figured it out, you've got me curious now :D My Myers-Briggs type is ENTP ('The Visionary', http://typelogic.com/entp.html) - my N variable being off the charts high also (a 85% to 15% ratio if I remember correctly). I don't suppose we could be the same M-B type as Threes are often extroverts, while Fours tend to be introverts (with the exception of some 4w3s) :)

I read that it's possible to be balanced w/wings, so that *might* fit me. :) I can act extroverted and am friendlier than most introverts, but I am not an extrovert. And the celebrities they say fit either 4w5 or 4w3, I don't relate to at ALL.

I figured you were also N. :) I test as 100% N, haha, although I realize that nobody is 100% for either preference. Both of our types are rare, especially for females!

chopandchange
March 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Myers Briggs! How did a Myers Briggs discussion sneak onto this thread? :)

I love Myers Briggs.

Margeaux
March 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I figured you were also N. :)

Cool, how did you figure I'm N, out of interest? :) I happen to know quite many female Threes, but I think there's a correlation with my chosen career field (diplomacy).

Chopandchange, :D! Feel free to join?

curlylocks85
March 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Your hair is very beautiful. :)

RavennaNight
March 13th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Gorgeous color! And it looks waist straightened.:)

invisiblebabe
March 13th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Myers Briggs! How did a Myers Briggs discussion sneak onto this thread? :)

I love Myers Briggs.

Blame me for starting it :D I asked Margeaux about her signature, which related to Enneagram, and that led to MBTI!

And yes, do join in :D What MBTI type are you?

Cool, how did you figure I'm N, out of interest? :) I happen to know quite many female Threes, but I think there's a correlation with my chosen career field (diplomacy).

Chopandchange, :D! Feel free to join?

This board seems to have a huge overrepresentation of N types (it's about 25% - 30% in the general population, as the vast majority of people are Sensing types), so I figured the odds were in my favor ;) That, and most people into MBTI and Enneagram are Ns to begin with... the abstract nature of it draws Ns more than Ss.

Kind of like how I would assume by default that most high level athletes are S types, because of the nature of what they do. (I was a gymnast and loved it, but NOT high level by any stretch of the imagination, haha.)

I'm not well versed enough in Enneagram to type people (yet ;) ), but MBTI-wise I have met one other female ENTP, and one other female INTJ.

I am married to a wonderful male INTJ (and incidentally, when he was in college he had shoulder length hair for a time!). :D

adiapalic
March 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
How beautiful! Congratulations :)

Margeaux
March 14th, 2010, 03:35 AM
This board seems to have a huge overrepresentation of N types (it's about 25% - 30% in the general population, as the vast majority of people are Sensing types), so I figured the odds were in my favor ;)

Interesting - brownie points to the one who can tell me why we have so many Ns around the board? :D

Rentlle
March 14th, 2010, 05:50 AM
woooow!
impressive!
glorious is the word indeed :)
congratz on your happyness :)

invisiblebabe
March 14th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Interesting - brownie points to the one who can tell me why we have so many Ns around the board? :D

Haha. Three theories:

1) N types are more unconventional than S types. Really long hair is unconventional.

2) Really long hair tends to remind people of medieval, renaissance, and fairy tale images. N types tend to like this.

3) A lot of people are actually lowish S types but are mistyping as Ns. This might be true especially if the test they are taking to type themselves is this one. (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm) Not the real test (the real test costs $$), and its questions are biased in favor of answering N IMO.

Or any combination of these theories :)

LadyJennifer
March 14th, 2010, 06:11 PM
You have beautiful hair! I love the color and curls! (It looks nice straightened too :))

leentora
March 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Very pretty, I think you are waist and heading towards tailbone soon.

Alun
March 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Your hair is jaw-dropping, both with your curls and straight! The shine and color of your hair looks very elven, actually.

What she said!

Henrietta
March 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Looks like your hair was born to be straight. And so nice ends!
And the colour... If I will ever dare to colour my hair it will be red or exactly your kind of blonde.

Pagancat
March 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Your hair looks beautiful curyl or straight! Lucky you to have such beautiful hair! I'm curious; what is the difference in length between when your hair is curly and when it is straightened?

Curly, not curyl, sorry. I never see the typos until after they're posted!

beez1717
March 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
*is jealous and can't think past that fact*

Margeaux
March 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Your hair looks beautiful curyl or straight! Lucky you to have such beautiful hair! I'm curious; what is the difference in length between when your hair is curly and when it is straightened?

It's a good question but I could only give you an estimation. I never measure my hair per se (or my measurements would differ greatly) but I suppose it's a difference of roughly 7 inches/20 centimeters :) It's back to its natural curly state right now, and looks almost halfway between BSL and waist again. Which is why I'm still in that thread!

merseaone
March 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!