PDA

View Full Version : a good half up bun to make use of a shorter fork?

deviantkitten
March 11th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone!
I bought this lovely fork last night. FPL 3 1/2 inches, and I just don't know if I can use it in full hair buns. I have been trying to do "mini styles" of allot of the buns in the articles section, but I can't get them to quiiiiiite work with my hair.
Does anyone have any suggestions for buns they have done half up with a shorter fork? I would love to not use pins, elastics, or barrettes in this style. This one is all about the fork!
Thanks!

deviantkitten
March 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
bumples
no one? LOL

Norai
March 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Infinity bun? I've done that with a ficcare in a half up with some success, but haven't tried with a fork.

LoveMyLongHair
March 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Have you thought about doing just half of your hair up in a 'mini' bun with the rest down and long? Like you would pull your sides and top into a small bun, insert hair fork and viola!

deviantkitten
March 15th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Have you thought about doing just half of your hair up in a 'mini' bun with the rest down and long? Like you would pull your sides and top into a small bun, insert hair fork and viola!

I have thought about that. Haven't been able to try it with this fork yet because I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. My only concern with doing a mini bun, and the reason I started this thread, because even tho my hair is waist length, it is fine, and whenever I do a half up bun, it is basically the size of an oreo it is so small LOL
I will definitely try it tho because it is the first thing I thought about.
The figure eight may work, but I haven't tried it with a fork yet
Thanks for the advice everyone!
Still looking for ideas so feel free to chime it!
I don't have a fork that small. I think the FPL of this one is 3 1/2", so if you have one like that, grab it, see what works for you, and let me know