PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Curly Haired Folk!!

09robiha
March 11th, 2010, 04:40 AM
This is particualry for those at waist or lower. I am currently at bsl length and still love to wear my hair down. After 7 years of flat ironing i have finally got my curly hair routine down! and enjoy wearing it curly. but the layers have grow out so much it looks a bit...blahhhhhh. My question is do you curlies still have layers even at such a long length or do you keep it all one length?

I want to end up with classic length hair with fairytale ends but for now i want a style to it whilst i wear it down. If i wear it up i only ever really do french or dutch braids, pontails hurt my head.

Pictures would be a great help too!! :D

ravensinger13
March 17th, 2010, 11:10 AM
My hair is right at waist right now, and when I got my last trim I just layered the last 1-1.5 inches and it makes it lay a bit nicer when it's down, which isn't much more than when it's drying or I'm just haning around the house. I plan on pausing a bit at TB to blunt the ends and let everything catch up, I think that once it hits that point it will have enough weight that I won't need the layers. I will try and get a picture the next time I have the patience to let it dry before braiding or bunning ;)

s_tresses
March 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I think layers add definition to curly hair, it might also add volume. I am waiting for my hair to have a blunt hemline and then i ll cut my hair into layers.

inspiral
March 18th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I have recently been pondering the same thing!!!

My hair is just hitting waist when wet, but still needs a couple inches to be waist curly. I've been planning on not trimming for as long as possible until I get to a length that satisfies me (or until the shaggyness starts to drive me crazy) and then shaping it to that length, because it seems like if I shaped it now, that the grown out layers from waist wont work the same at tailbone or longer and it would just need to be layered again and more length would be lost and it would take longer to get to my goal.
I went without any trimming for about 1 1/2- 2 years, and it started looking shaggy and uneven and one long piece at the very back of my head that was considerably longer, and almost a year ago I trimmed about 3 inches off the ends (mostly that long chunk) and evened things up, but didn't do any shaping or layering. Its now pretty much all one length.

I do feel like my hair would look better now if it was shaped more..... but I'm not really sure what exactly that would be or how it should be cut either.... hmmmmm........

I will definitely be watching this thread, thanks 09robiha (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=23916)!

Ryanne
March 18th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I started to grow out my layers as soon as I consciously wanted to have my hair long. I hardly ever wear it down though.