PDA

View Full Version : scissors in hand (for bangs) please advise

redneckprincess
March 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
So last week I got new glasses, for the first time in my adult life, and I have been trying to get used to them anyways I have been growing out my bangs since last November, I don't like long bangs, I don't like the way my forehead looks so huge and discusting
I'm so sick of holding my bangs off to the side with clips because they can't be tucked behind my ears yet...I thought about cutting before I got the glasses but decided to wait and see if it was not so bad with the glasses...but I'm still unhappy...what should I do?
Pics are in my album sorry can't post one here as I am on my blackberry...feel free to look in my most recently updated album (feb-feb I think) if you need to see what I'm talking about...
TIA

spidermom
March 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Are you asking should you cut bangs? With your face shape, I think you could go either way, so really - do what you prefer. No bangs = more thickness at the bottom (eventually, once they're completely grown out); that's about the only advantage I can think of.

Fethenwen
March 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
If you feel confident that you can cut your own bangs, I'd say go for it :)

I think whole bangs would suit you (your forehead looks a lot like mine btw), BUT if you have decided you want to grow them out, then please don't do anything you would regret later :eek:

Have you tried wearing your bangs parted in the middle? It might be easier to have them out of the way that way. Or you could wear a cute hair clip until it grows longer.

I don't think you should focus too much on being able to put them in the back of your ears. You may be able to wear your bangs a little later as sort of short "face framing layers", maybe you could even cut them into such so the growing process will look much better.

redneckprincess
March 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
only problem with not clipping or holding them back is they are always in my face and i cant stand that...i did the mid parting for what seemed like forever and its much to childish (IMO-on me) I want to look grown up/ nice/ (hot)

and honistly I dont need the thickness of bangs on my ends..

I just dont think I look good without bangs, I was thinking maybe side swept bangs would be nice, but there not anymore and Im tired of clipping them to the side to make them stay...and I realize that cutting now (if I decide to EVER grow them out again) will only prolong that...so for now Iam still undecided
I have always had bangs sometimes longer or side swept and sometimes short or blunt...

young&reckless
March 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I don't think you should focus too much on being able to put them in the back of your ears. You may be able to wear your bangs a little later as sort of short "face framing layers", maybe you could even cut them into such so the growing process will look much better.

I agree with Fethenwen, glasses + bangs = hair stuck in glasses for me.

Carolyn
March 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I think your new glasses look great on you. You could go either way with the bangs. I would keep on growing if I were you. You're this far so why not stick it out a few more months? Grown out bangs can be fixed into face framing layers when you get a little more length. I agree growing out bangs sucks. Also I'd like to repeat that no bangs means a thicker ponytail when they get to that point. I know they are frustrating you right now but hang in there. Keep on making use of headbands and clips. That stage won't last forever.