PDA

View Full Version : Hair toys: wood vs. dymondwood

nomadhome
May 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
I have been expanding my wooden fork collection lately and sometimes find myself torn between wood and dymondwood, so I am wondering what others prefer and why they prefer it.

hrimfaxi
May 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I prefer natural wood, but that's probably because I am not really a fan of the bright colors and so on used in dymondwood. I also like the texture of natural wood better, but I often cannot wear natural wood toys for weeks at a time due to overly wet weather and so on.

icydove
May 2nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure how to vote. I prefer natural woods, but I use the dymondwood toys more due to the weather around here.

PatGear
May 2nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Generally I like the look of natural wood better, but I like Dymondwood for the function (sturdiness, water resistance). And sometimes I do enjoy the fun colors, esp. when I'm wearing an outfit that goes perfectly with one of my Dymondwood toys.

eresh
May 2nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Dymondwood, it's waterproof and that's a must when you always mist your hair before updo's.
Also I like the wide variety of colors available.

OhioLisa
May 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
I like them both, depending on my mood. I don't damp bun much, so moisture usually isn't an issue for me.

zift
May 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Dymondwood because it's waterproof;)

curls2grow
May 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
I like dymondwood for the wood look in interesting colors and combos, and I like real wood too :)

prosperina
May 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I like them both equally, and don't have much of a preference. However, I also live in a super dry climate, so it never would have occurred to me not to wear a real wood toy in the wet weather. Good to know!

harley mama
May 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I love my dymondwood toys for when I work out in the yard or need a toy to use in damp hair.
They hold up well and look pretty.

But, I adore the grain in real wood. It has such beauty and character!

Rae~
May 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
I voted natural wood. For some reason I just don't really like the look of dymondwood, especially all the bright/fake colours. But each to their own - I know it is very popular, and some of the colours really suit some people's hair. I even own a couple of Greydog dymondwood sticks, but I've *never* worn them (apart from about 5 min to take a pic when I first got them!) :rolleyes: I probably should just put them up on the swap board. :)

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
So what do you use when it is wet out? I was having the same problem before I caved in and learned to like dymondwood... and I decided I liked dymondwood more than my using the plastic or metal toys that I have.:shrug:

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
PatGear, this is exactly where I am with it now too. I love the water resistance and sturdiness and am learning to like (some of) the colors. But natural wood is just so pretty!

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
Proserpina, for me it's not just about weather-- I also try not to use real wood when I am bunning my hair when still damp.

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
HarleyMama-- character is it exactly for me-- knots and crazy grains and inconsistencies. I love it!

Guenever
May 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
I really like the crazy colors of dymondwood..

curls2grow
May 3rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Do you wear dymondwood even if your hair is *really* damp? If I bun my hair damp in the morning, it's still damp when I undo it 12 hours later -- I was concerned that any wood part of the dymondwood would eventually warp if I kept doing that.

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Rae~ I hear ya-- at first I didn't like the brighter colors of dymondwood either, but I am actually adapting. I guess once I decided that waterproof-ness is important to me I started to warm up to some of the colors. I have an indigo fork now that is so dark it is basically black with just the slightest shimmer of midnight blue in places, and somewhat to my surprise it has become my favorite toy.

Nightshade
May 3rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Natural woods :) With rare exception I find that the dymondwoods tend to look very unnatural (which isn't a bad thing, just not my preference). Any natural wood can be made just a waterproof with a proper sealant too.

There's just something about real wood that I like, and also having cut and drilled dymondwood, it smells HORRID. It may look nice, but it has to be loaded with chemicals and other crap. Working with it is a cross between burnt plastic and burnt hair.

Rae~
May 3rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
That's cool, nomadhome. Indigo sounds like a colour I would like. :) But for waterproof-ness, I just prefer metal, I guess. All the better for all you dymondwood lovers out there! :lol:

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
curls2grow, I use my dymondwood toys in my hair when it is slightly damp. I don't like to bun when it is still really wet. I do often leave it up for hours (although probably not 12 because I like it down sometimes) that way with no ill effects on either my hair or the toys-- yet. But of course YMMV.

In contrast I once got caught briefly in a summer rainshower while wearing a yew wood barrette and the finish was instantly destroyed. I had to sand it down and refinish it. Now I am afraid to wear it, because who knows when it might encounter a little water!:rolleyes:

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Nightshade, what an interesting perspective. I've never worked with dymondwood, but of course I assumed it might be kind of chemically scary. What counts as a proper sealant on natural wood? As I mentioned to curls2grow, I have a lovely yew wood barrette whose finish was destroyed instantly when I was caught briefly in a summer rainshower. I sanded it down and oiled it, but I am still kind of afraid to wear it. Sometimes, rain just happens!

Silver & Gold
May 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
I think I'm with many others when I say that I have a very strong preference for the look and feel of natural wood. I also prefer the more natural colors.
But diamondwood is good if you need to expose your hairstick to dampness. So I have a few diamondwood for this purpose.
Most of my collection is natural wood though. You can't beat the look and feel.

Phalaenopsis
May 3rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
I like the Dymondwood more. The look, the feel, the playfullness, and not all colours are bright, so perfect for each of my different moods.

Finoriel
May 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
I like natural woods better, just because of their own different beautiful patterns and colours. There are so many unique woods to choose from that I donīt need to have coloured ones.
I never had problems with wearing natural wood sticks in damp or wet hair. I oil or wax the wood and alternate sticks so they have time to dry until I use them again :shrug: no problem. I work outside most days, so itīs not that they wonīt get wet :gabigrin:

Gladtobemom
May 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
I like both.

Dymondwood is strong, and wood can be strong too.

What really matters is the quality of the finish and the shape.

I do have broken lots of hairsticks, never a Dymondwood one. The only Dymondwood thing I've broken was a hair fork and it was promptly replaced by the maker. The new one was used in exactly the same way and hasn't broken.

The finish really matters. For instance my Ebony Whale Tail forks have a wonderful matte look, but the finish makes them completely waterproof. Graydogs are impeccably finished. MonktheMonk, Quattro, Baerris, Blondiesturn, papadons, all are impeccably finished and I've never had one discolor, flake, or crack.

I've bought some sticks that are not adequately finished and they discolor, flake, or crack when I use them in damp hair. On the other hand, I've some that are magnificent that were made in a friend's garage!

I do torque my sticks quite a bit, and I'm not gentle with them.

soleluna
May 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
wood ;) never tried dymondwood but I'm for all natural. Never had problems due to moisture+wood: what can happen?

PatGear
May 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Never had problems due to moisture+wood: what can happen?One time I wore my Jimfo maple fork in a barely damp (almost dry but not quite) hair and when I took it out, the fork was no longer buttery smooth. The moisture had raised the grains in the wood and made it feel rough.

I let it dry for a week then a few minutes with 400-1500 grit sandpaper took care of it, so it wasn't permanently ruined or anything.

rosieposie
May 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Personally, I prefer natural wood. I simply like the look and feel of it much better than the dyes of dymondwood. If its a damp day or my hair is not properly dry, I would choose a scrunchie or a metal toy.

eadwine
May 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Dymondwood. I don't have to worry about rain and such. It rains quite a bit here, so if I have to start being cautious.. no.. I have a life first :lol:

Nightshade
May 3rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Nightshade, what an interesting perspective. I've never worked with dymondwood, but of course I assumed it might be kind of chemically scary. What counts as a proper sealant on natural wood? As I mentioned to curls2grow, I have a lovely yew wood barrette whose finish was destroyed instantly when I was caught briefly in a summer rainshower. I sanded it down and oiled it, but I am still kind of afraid to wear it. Sometimes, rain just happens!

I'm no woodworker, however, there are multiple types of finishing products and surface-preparation techniques. I have natural wood forks from both EttaMae and MonktheMonk and neither has ever had a problem in damp hair.

After digging around trying to find when dymondwood stinks so much I found this:

Dymondwood(R) is a manufactured plywood product consisting of laminated layers of hardwood (likely birch) veneer which have been colored with mono-azo acid dyes and then compressed under intense heat and pressure with phenol formaldehyde resin into a dense, durable, highly polished material.

Phenol, also known as carbolic acid or hydroxybenzene, is toxic and corrosive. The dangers posed by formaldehyde, including it's role as a carcinogen, are also substantial. According to the MSDS for Dymondwood(R), "Phenol and formaldehyde may be released in small quantities from product under normal conditions." "Some people may develop dermatitis from repeated and prolonged exposure to unfinished product." "Laboratory data indicates that certain acid dyes may be mutagenic in animals."8 The azo dyes (azo is a chemical compound containing one pair nitrogen atoms with a double bond between them) may release aromatic amines if the azo linkages are broken down via enzymes, or possibly via heat and photochemical reactions, though intact azo dyes are unlikely to be absorbed by the skin.

However, these aromatic amines have been linked to serious long-term health effects, including links to cancer in humans, so the possibility of their presence is of grave concern. Incidently, azo dyes are sometimes used as pigments in tattoo ink.

Unfortunately, dyes are also commonly used overseas to make lighter woods appear as black ebony. These commonly include aniline or PPD. Aniline is a blood toxin that is easily absorbed through the skin, which may cause allergic skin reactions and irritation, contact dermatitis, sensitization, is a possible carcinogen, and is considered very toxic to terrestrial and aquatic life.9 PPD (para-Phenylenediamine, aka para-Aminoaniline, 1,4-Benzenediamine, or 1,4-Diaminobenzene), is an aromatic amine dye, used to color hair, and used extensively in SouthEast Asia to apply temporary black "henna" "tattoos." It is easily absorbed through the skin, and has been called a significant allergen and toxin. It can cause allergic contact dermatitis, cross-sensitization to other chemcals, rash, blisters, chemical burns, permanent skin changes such as scarring, renal failure, anaphalactic shock, or even death.
Source (http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Wood_Hazards)

:bigeyes: Nice. While I'm sure the odds are small you'd have an issue, that still sorta creeped me out ::eek:

And that's to say nothing of the environmental impact that comes from producing that stuff :scared:

Now, to be fair, there are a bunch of natural woods that can cause reactions as well (listed on the same site), and those most commonly affected are those with other skin allergies.

Some of the other compounds that are known to cause harmful responses include: alkaloids and glycosides (systemic effects, pharmacological rather than allergic), saponins (effective through broken skin only), phenols (the strongest skin-sensitizers, especially the catechols of the poison-ivy family), stilbenes (which occur in allergenic woods, but only chlorophorin and coniferyl benzoate are known to sensitize), terpenes (including delta-3-carene from turpentine, sesquiterpene lactones and other sensitizing liverworts found on bark, and euphorbol and other complex terpenes of uncertain toxicity found in the latex of Euphorbiaceae), coumarins and furocoumarins (photosensitizing and may be partly responsible for skin reactions but has yet to be proven), and dalbergiones (severe skin irritants).

You can check out the details of each on the site, but here are some of the woods they list:

Rosewoods
Kingwood/deViolette/Violet Woor, Cioletts
Laos/Thai/Cochin Rosewoods
Mexican Kingwood
Burmese Rosewood
Madagascar Rosewood
African Blackwood
Cocobolo
Houndouran Rosewood
Sugar Maple
Birch
Camphorwood
Zericote
Bocote
Macassar Ebony
Bubinga
Pau Ferro
Wenge
Purpleheart
Padauk
Willow
Teak
Thuya Burl

ETA: I just noticed that Birch (what they think most dymondwood is based off of) is on the list of possibly reactionary woods, and then it's loaded with the above chemicals. Seems like a double whammy of sorts. I suppose you can argue that if something is sealed these reactions are even less likely to happen, but I haven't found anything on that yet.

Poolsoflaughter
May 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
I like and enjoy both, although I would avoid heavy soaking and/ or using them to hold up a saturated bun...;)

mira-chan
May 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Natural wood. My hair hates misting and damp bunning, and anything similar so that is not an issue. I'm just not that drawn to dymondwood though I have nothing against it.

Kleis
May 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
I adore the jewel tones of dymondwood. I covet it the way a magpie covets sparkly things. :lol: Natural wood is fine, but generally gets lost in my hair.

prosperina
May 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'm a bit suspicious of natural wood actually, not that it's not gorgeous, but I want to know where it came from and how it got into the hands of the woodworker. I also feel vaguely guilty using rare and perhaps endangered woods in my hair. I mean hair of all things, if it came between hair and trees I'd choose trees. Some sellers specify that their wood is grown in a sustainable fashion; others do not.

I do have one tiger maple ketylo though, plus a maple Baerreis fork, but the rest are all dyamondwood.

Adrienne
May 4th, 2008, 02:35 AM
someday someday........... my hair will be long enough for hair toys.............................................. ......................
.................................................. .................................................. ....

:cloud9:

Cinnamon Hair
May 4th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I prefer dymondwood for the waterproof factor and the vivid colors. Yes, it can fade over time, but there are very few (anything with purple) color combos that become unattractive, so I simply avoid those.
The downside to natural wood is it can often darken over time, some wood species become rough with wear, and you can't use uncoated wood in wet or even damp hair without risk of bloat causing the wood to splinter (and cut hair) down the road. That said, I still appreciate wood sticks, forks, and slides and will continue to buy them. They are just more delicate.

lavenderblue
May 4th, 2008, 03:30 AM
I have a few dymondwood items (I like papadohs dymondwood colors) but most of the time I don't like the colors, or I don't like the combination of colors. So I'll go for natural wood

akka naeda
May 4th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I like both. I have some real wood sticks made by a friend of mine which are finished so they can be used in wet hair, so with the correct finishing any wood can be worn in the rain/wet hair.

I like the fact that natural wood fades, and I like the fact the dymondwood comes in multiple colours.

I do wonder sometimes how visible the multi-coloured dymondwood is when it is on plain Ketylo style sticks though - unless someone is staring at your hair, the fact you have a brightly coloured stick in it isn't going to be that obvious because the stick is thin.

almudena
May 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I love and use both, but I'm with prosperina about the guilty feeling of using some kind of woods and about not knowing with certainty the origin of those woods.

Although the article about the manufacture of dymondwood is really scary:confused:

squiggyflop
May 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
a wonderful person sent me some scraps of dymondwood.. i dont think i ever want a hairtoy made of it since i sanded a piece of it and it filled the house with the smell of formaldihide.. i just dont want anything that filled with chemicals in my hair.. i think dymondwood is much prettyer than regular wood but i dont want carcinogen filled stuff in my hair..

UrbanEast
May 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I prefer the more classic look of wood on myself.

kimberlily
May 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I love both equally. Dymondwood is pretty, and wonderful if I'm going to get sweaty or want to put up my hair when it is damp, but natural wood is so beautiful. You just can't beat what Mother Nature creates!

saman
May 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I like both of them

BlueMeezer
May 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Add me to the list of people who has worked with Dymondwood and now will no longer go near it. That stuff is evil smelling and has to be toxic. If I need to put up damp hair I use a metal fork or stick.

curls2grow
May 5th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Add me to the list of people who has worked with Dymondwood and now will no longer go near it. That stuff is evil smelling and has to be toxic. If I need to put up damp hair I use a metal fork or stick.
Do you think it's toxic to just USE the sticks, or only if you work with the sticks/wood as they are being formed? I haven't noticed an odor to them when I wear them and since they had "wood" in the name and I was concerned about warping or ruining the shiny finish, I never used them in damp hair before either - always reached for metal hairtoys if my hair wasn't dry.

Nightshade
May 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Do you think it's toxic to just USE the sticks, or only if you work with the sticks/wood as they are being formed? I haven't noticed an odor to them when I wear them and since they had "wood" in the name and I was concerned about warping or ruining the shiny finish, I never used them in damp hair before either - always reached for metal hairtoys if my hair wasn't dry.

From the article I linked earlier in the thread:

According to the MSDS for Dymondwood(R), "Phenol and formaldehyde may be released in small quantities from product under normal conditions." "Some people may develop dermatitis from repeated and prolonged exposure to unfinished product."

So in theory, yes, in normal conditions those chemicals can, by MSDS, be released from the dymondwood. It does say "unfinished" but I haven't seen anything that shows how lacquer or oil would prevent that release.

ETA: and just because these is happening doesn't mean you'll have a reaction to it. However, it did say that some dymondwood has PPD dyes in it and reactions to that can happen after nothing has gone wrong for a long time.

Also, cocobolo is listed on the "woods that may cause reactions" and I have two unfinished (or oil-only finished) forks and neither has ever given me issue.

BlueMeezer
May 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Obviously you are going to have a lot more exposure to it if you are cutting and sanding it. From a woodworker's point of view I don't want to deal with it, nor do I want it on my conscience that someone else could get cancer, etc down the road because they made a Dymondwood hairtoy for me. That's why I avoid it.

As far as wearing it goes, that would depend on the finish. However, I would think that if the finish on a stick is protective enough to keep the Dymondwood toxins from leaching out, then it would also be protective enough to keep a regular wood stick from being damaged by wet hair. Hence I would rather have the wood stick. Even better is a metal stick or fork, because a lot of the finishes used on hairtoys can be toxic to woodworkers too, especially the more protective ones.

Since Dymondwood is so durable and sands so smooth, most people are not going to use much, if any, finish on it. That scares me. Unless I see independent tests that state Dymondwood is absolutely safe, I will stick with metal for damp hair and regular wood with a non-toxic finish for dry hair. That's just my opinion, as someone who is allergic to way too many things already.

Medvssa
May 5th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'm a bit suspicious of natural wood actually, not that it's not gorgeous, but I want to know where it came from and how it got into the hands of the woodworker. I also feel vaguely guilty using rare and perhaps endangered woods in my hair. I mean hair of all things, if it came between hair and trees I'd choose trees. Some sellers specify that their wood is grown in a sustainable fashion; others do not.
Exactly. I don't have many hairtoys, granted I don't put my hair up often, but I would love to have a few nice wooden hair sticks and forks. But they are gonna have to give some sort of guarantee that the wood comes from reputable sources. Tropical woods can be beautiful, but more "common" woods also have a beauty of their own, and it is perhaps easier to be sure of their procedence.

Dymonwood, I don't like the looks of it at all, and it looked suspiciously synthetic (must need dyes and glues/resins to keep it togheter) so I was never tempted by it. But after reading those article quotes... seriously no, thanks!!

If I had to put my hair up when damp or wet and I would be worried about ruining my wooden hairtoys, I would then use plastic or metal ones :shrug:

Nightshade
May 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
It's also just good that people who may have PPD sensitivities be aware that there can be PPD in a fork. It may or may not be enough to cause a reaction, but for those with extreme sensitivities better safe than sorry.

And, BlueMeezer, you make a good point, if the dymondwood itself is being touted as waterproof and finishes so well, there really is no motivation to seal it.

And I agree, Medvssa, that it is important to be conscious of the wood that's being used for forks and other hair toys. I know some of our members only work with salvaged wood, others go to great lengths to make sure that their supplies come from species that are not threatened, or that they only buy from reputable preservation-minded suppliers.

nomadhome
May 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks for doing that research, Nightshade. Definitely something to consider seriously!

jel
May 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I like them both.

I normally have a preference for dark wood that gets lost in my hair (see the Tribu thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4733) :D), but I also love some of the bright dymondwood colours. In addition, I appreciate the glassy smoothness and waterproof surface of dymondwood.

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I like wood's feel, and grain textures.
I also like to bun my hair wet so the daily functional forks/ sticks are dymondwood.

I own four forks: one from Hippie Chick via Quixotica- wood
a MtM in blue dymondwood -this holds like a rock even as a small size. I keep thinking I'll break it, but so far so good.
A speerharb custom in metal (also good in wet hair)
and my original Morgan's mane from the Colorado renfaire- wood that needs an oiling.

I'm a great fan of wood: my combs are wood (madrone and purpleheart) by Ric
sticks are a mix. I have Ketylos in Dymondwood (for the wet hair bun), random wooden ones, too.

The atmosphere here is edge of desert, so my choices are all based on my hair's dampness.

Medievalhair
May 10th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I love my dymondwood sticks, that I got as a christmas gift. They hold better then my claires hairsticks.

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I voted other because I use both, but I also use plastic, shell, horn, bone, a variety of metals, etc.

rubyann
May 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I like them both. I use dymondwood almost exclusively, though, for functionality.

Bene
March 4th, 2009, 07:40 PM
i use both.

dymondwood is water resistant, and i do a lot of damp bunning, so they're necessary, but the colors tend to be a little too bright/vivid for my tastes. fortunately, i'm seeing that some vendors are making dymondwood products that resemble natural woods.

teela1978
March 4th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I love the beauty of natural wood
I love the playfulness and the colors of dymondwood

Kinda depends on my mood. Metal tends to work better in my hair though.

Nightshade
March 4th, 2009, 08:56 PM
i use both.

dymondwood is water resistant, and i do a lot of damp bunning, so they're necessary, but the colors tend to be a little too bright/vivid for my tastes. fortunately, i'm seeing that some vendors are making dymondwood products that resemble natural woods.

Bamboo is also naturally water resistant. I have a Bamboo fork from Etta Mae that I use in sopping wet hair and it's FANTASTIC.

RedStripe
March 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I voted Other -- I do like both, but I'm just starting to collect, and my recent acquisitions are Dymondwood. I don't have any nice natural wood ones yet, although I would like some.

But I've also just gotten a beautiful hairstick and a two-prong fork both made from bone, and they are also marvelous. So I'd have to say I'm a multi-product user.

Iylivarae
March 6th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I think I like both equally. I love that dymondwood is waterproof, and I like the colours, but I think the grain in natural wood is absolutely stunning... I can't decide.

oldgregg
March 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I like how Dymondwood is water resistant and very nice and strong

BritHair
March 9th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I like both. I am learning to make my own at this time and I am having fun carving details into the wood. Just looking for the right sealant so they won't get affected by my hair when it is damp.:)

Calanthe
March 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Natural woods. I do have some dymondwood stuff (it's great for wet hair) but genenerally I prefer natural woods. Most dymondwood stuff is way too colourful for me :D. And there are quite a few natural woods I haven't tried yet.

Loviatar
March 11th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I prefer the look and feel of natural wood but I need some dymondwood in my life because I am lazy and like to do damp buns! :)

embee
March 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I don't care for the colors in dymondwood, so I only have natural wood.

Les
March 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Like many others, I like both in different circumstances. I do wish that the people who manufacture dymondwood would make some in more natural / subtle colors.

Akiko
March 11th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I enjoy both. But if I must choose, I prefer natural wood. I like the subtlety of its color. I also enjoy how natural wood ages and adds depth to the color.

Floh
September 5th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I like both pretty much equally & they each have benefits

TatsuOni
September 6th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Natural wood since I really like natural wood:)

Margrit
September 23rd, 2018, 07:13 AM
I like both pretty much equally & they each have benefits.

AmaryllisRed
September 23rd, 2018, 06:50 PM
Oh my goodness-- I didn't realize dymondwood is waterproof! I need a waterproof fork-- it rains here like every day.

MusicalSpoons
September 24th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I like both, but I'm fairly sure the sole manufacturer of Dymondwood suffered a huge fire in the factory so no more is being produced, sadly.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:31 AM
I like both.