PDA

View Full Version : *Encouraging growth pics needed from anyone that was at Nec-Length and Grew to BSL?*

*girlypearl*
March 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hey all! I need some encouraging growth stage pics, if anyone can post some, that would be great. I'm growing out a bob and I am at about 17 inches right now. I feel like I am never going to get to my desired 30 inches. I was just wondering if there was anybody that maybe went through a similar experience, that could post some progress pics as a burst of encouragement. Very much appreciated!! TIA
*Happy Growing*

Calista
March 9th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hi girlypearl, now that you have more than 25 posts you should be able to access the public albums (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/all_albums.php). If you browse through them I am sure you´ll find plenty of encouragement.

Happy growing! :)

EvaSimone
March 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I grew out from a bob and I am at 31" now. Trust me it can happen! :) If you want to see pics I have some in my public albums. I don't really like posting my photos on the mane board because anyone can google and then see my pictures.

IndigoAsh
March 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM
i have photos in my album I uploaded so you can see how far I've come in 5 years. Had I been taking better care of my hair it would probably be longer.

Debra83
March 9th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Check out my albums!!! In my first hair album is the first picture I ever posted here, just above shoulders, and the 2nd hair album shows my progress!!!

myrrhmaiden
March 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
It took me about a year from jaw/shoulder-ish to APL.

andrea1982
March 9th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Feel free to take a look at my album. I had a jaw length bob in march 2007 and I'm now at BSL. (although my most recent pic is from the summwer and is past APL) I trimmed a lot though, it may not take you that long.

Peter
March 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
My shortest layers (at the front) were at about chin length in August 2007, shoulder length in January 2008, and APL near the end of 2008. I trimmed several inches in 2008 so that explains why it took so long to get to APL.

I'm a bit past waist now. My profile picture is where I was at in Nov. 2009, so just imagine it ~2 inches longer. :p

Liss
March 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
My avi pic was June 08 and now I'm just starting to pass BSL. It feels like it's taken forever, but only 1 year ago I was around APL so it's definatly growing and thankfully I'm out of the awkward stages now. You will get there!

Tabitha
March 9th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi there, I grew from a chin length bob to past waist (a few inches over 30 I think) over a 3 year period, with regular trims to keep it in shape. You may find it encouraging to look at this old thread of mine From Bob To Waist+ (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19078).

I was desperate to get to waist, but not long after posting that thread I realised that shorter suited me better for a whole lot of reasons, and have been happily maintaining at layered BSL for the last year.

serious
March 9th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I started growing out my hair from pixie at November 2007.
I'm at BSL now :)

Feel free to take a look at my album, too.

myotislucifugus
March 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
check out my album... I started at jaw length, and then pretty much lived at BSL for a while. It didn't take too long to get there. They are mostly dated.

Good luck on your journey!:)

Kristin
March 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I cut my hair from BSL to chin-length bob almost exactly two years ago. I am now back at BSL. I had a variety of "growing-out" hairstyles (mostly heavily layered with bangs), but really don't have many pics and just joined LHC.

Just be patient- you'll be long before you know it!:D

Bellalalala
March 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM
A few months more than a year ago:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3608&pictureid=46364

A few weeks ago:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3607&pictureid=64182

This includes a few significant haircuts in the meantime.
The colour from the first photo was temporary (so was the dragon tattoo). It's a few inches from BSL in the second pic (that bra doesn't count, it rides high), but it's pretty close (that bra doesn't count, it rides high)

bubbles_87
March 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I would say it would take one year with small trimmings! Im hoping that my neck length hair will grow to BS by the end of the year.

Canarygirl
March 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
It depends on how long your neck is. It will take me much longer to get to APL than it will to go from APL to BSL.

Messyhair
March 11th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Wow... it takes me about a year to get from neck/shoulder to APL and then another year to BSL. I have pics on my website - the link is under my profile somewhere.

jenga
March 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
The great thing about hair is that it WILL grow! Just be patient and try to find something you like about it at each and every stage.

*girlypearl*
March 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the great advice and encouragement! This is a very difficult and delicate process for me, because this is the shortest my hair has ever been in my life!! I've done shorter cuts, but never like this, usually just shoulder length was my limit. It has definitely grown at least 1.5-2 inches I would say since December, but I am not positive because every time I measure I am getting a couple different answers. I don't want to trim anything until it gets at least a few inches longer, then I would like to even it out all one length. The front is now collar bone-length and the back, (since I did the dreaded angle bob :() is now to the top of my spine. But this still just FEELS short!!! I was hoping to be to APL by the summer, I just don't know if that is wishful thinking! Thanks again everyone, I wouldn't be able to go through this without all of you :D
*Happy Growing*