PDA

View Full Version : Hair Journal

Agasaurus
March 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Do you have a Hair Journal?
If so, what format is it in?
How do you keep track of your progress/experiments?
Could you recommend any online hair journal places? :P
I like the journal format I've found here in the archives, but I don't seem to be able to find an active one... Thank you in advance!
I really need a Hair Journal :D

angelthadiva
March 8th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Many of us blog here; not sure if you have enough posts to view, access ore create yet.

Some do blog about their hair, but also include other things. HTH

Shermie Girl
March 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Do you have a Hair Journal?
If so, what format is it in?
How do you keep track of your progress/experiments?
Could you recommend any online hair journal places? :P
I like the journal format I've found here in the archives, but I don't seem to be able to find an active one... Thank you in advance!
I really need a Hair Journal :D

Hi. Welcome to LHC. :flower:

After 25 quality posts and moderator approval, you will be able to set up and post in a blog of your own. Blogs are great for tracking your experiments, length and so forth. They are also a nice way to get to know your fellow members and for them to get to know you better, too.

So, stick around. Read, post, enjoy the site and you will be able to start your blog very soon. :D

Agasaurus
March 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thank you ladies!
I was wondering about the blogs here, but it would not let me in - thanks to your answers I now know why :)
I am new here and very interested in everything, I hope to learn a lot and will definitely work on my quality posts.
Thanks again!

angelthadiva
March 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thank you ladies!
I was wondering about the blogs here, but it would not let me in - thanks to your answers I now know why :)
I am new here and very interested in everything, I hope to learn a lot and will definitely work on my quality posts.
Thanks again!

So good so far, as you have two.

Quality posts are more than "I agree" or "that's cool" etc. Newbie Forum posts are not counted for your post count, or are the games/quizzes forum as a FYI...Welcome to the boards :waving:

Cleopatra18
March 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM
hi :D this may seem abit weird but i sort of have a hair diary since i started my hair journey.its practically a notebook in which i write "short paragraphs" every day to write down wat i done 4 my hair..eg wat oils did i use..wash day..stuff i baught 4 my hair that day.its the easiest way 4 me to track my progress since also i kinda got a bad memory so if sth goes rong in my hair i can look back n see wat i had done "diffrent" this week..i also record wether i took my vitamins or not.and if i did a special treat as going to the salon or using henna.oh and i aslo record any hair recipees i found/used 4 future refrence :P HTH

Agasaurus
March 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you Cleo!
That's kind of what I'm doing so far, but I can only manage one 'go to' notebook at the time (very scattered-minded), so everything else goes in it as well :) Quite a mess...

When will I be able to see other member's profiles?

Thank you all for a warm welcome, this site is just what I needed :D

Cleopatra18
March 9th, 2010, 10:48 PM
hehehe funny u mentioned this :D this is kinda the same notebook im supposed to use in other things as well sometimes even college (lol) but i also cant manage alot of chaos so i just started at the back and in the future when i get my things together ill start another one.my advice keep it simple just very short notes will do the job.4 me i think blogs are abit too much 4 this cuz 4 example i write march 10th..applied (..) on scalp,sealed ends and bun.and pretty much thats it but it helps if ur trying to commit to something.im a new member too so i dont know when we see other profiles tbh but hehe cant wait :-P

Hana
March 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM
i dont have a journal, as such, but what i do in my blog is i've set up a few goals i'd like to achieve, i.e. length of hair, what stage my layers have reached, how much of my hair is virgin/dyed. Then i put the date its achieved next to it when i've reached it.

its not much, and i've only just started, but im sure it'll help me gauge how fast my hair is growing, so im able to estimate my final target. Also it helps me look back and say to myself, "look how far you've come!" which is always reassuring.

feel free to have a look if you're interested.
HTH! :D

Agasaurus
March 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hello :)
I am able to have my own blog here on LHC now :cheese:
Thank you all for your replies and good luck with your goals!

(that was a very, very newbie question - as I now realize :p)

Love&Peace
:waving:

CrisDee
March 16th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Jumping in a bit late here, but I've found that the most helpful thing for me is to take regular photos. I'm such a visual person that even writing things down in a journal isn't enough if I'm trying to remember a certain product or method, but if I take a picture of it and change its name from something like D0029847.jpg to henna-cassia.031610.jpg, it's really helpful in remembering what worked and what didn't :)

Agasaurus
March 17th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Photos seem like a good and doable idea!
I will definitely add that as a measuring 'tool' :)