PDA

View Full Version : ok it was a bad day and i need a a few kind words about my hair (heavy pics)

MissMandyElizab
March 8th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I was had to deal with my ex AND HE IS..................(SAY ANY THING YOU LIKE) BUT then as he was leaving he said "by the way you look like crap with your hair long.Maybe if you looked like an adult you'ld have moved on." i know he's and *&& but do i lookhttp://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs492.ash1/26892_1247615706449_1111117593_30629875_2314677_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30629875&id=1111117593)http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs444.ash1/24505_1241623036636_1111117593_30617817_5258782_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30629879&id=1111117593)
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs492.ash1/26892_1247617026482_1111117593_30629879_5637128_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30629879&id=1111117593)
bad?http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs457.snc3/26120_1245387130736_1111117593_30624759_5651734_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30624759&id=1111117593)http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs024.snc3/11151_1168349804851_1111117593_30463529_5920337_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30463529&id=1111117593)http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs221.snc1/6828_1129765080257_1111117593_30372843_3961277_s.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30372843&id=1111117593)

Heavenly Locks
March 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
He's your EX for a reason right?http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/nuts.gif

Eff him and his immature comments on your appearance. You aren't here to decorate HIS world. What an ass. (no offense to any cute, grey, braying asses out there).

Coriander
March 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Tell him that his tiny penis isn't doing him any favors, either.

You look fabulous with long hair. You ARE fabulous just because you are. He's a schmuck and doesn't deserve to breathe your carbon dioxide.

allege
March 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
You look great, your hair is fantastic and most important you are not here to decorate his world.

RecklessCharlie
March 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
The length of someone's hair has no impact on their maturity - what an inane comment.
You can rest assured that he was definitely grasping at straws, looking for something to say that would hurt you. How juvenile.
As Heavenly Locks said, EX for a reason!
Your hair is beautiful and don't ever think otherwise :)

ravensinger13
March 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Don't let him get to you, you are more evolved than that. I love your hair, esp. the pic with the messy bun thing and sticks. Ex's suck!

Madame J
March 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Methinks the jerk doth protest too much. I mean, seriously, bringing up your hair as a reason that you haven't moved on? Get a life.

I think your hair is awesome, and that your ex is decidedly un-awesome.

ericthegreat
March 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Good for you for breaking up with such an a$$hole! You are definitely going to be happier without him.

And your hair is wonderful, don't listen to him!

Peter
March 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think if you had short hair, he would have insulted that or some other aspect of your appearance. He sounds like he's insecure or angry.

P.S. I like your hair.

Lamb
March 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think seeing you with your gorgeous hair made him realize he lost a beautiful woman he was not worthy of.
:steam:
What a ... words fail me, which is probably for the best.

Remember this:
"Foul words is but foul wind, and foul wind is but foul breath, and foul breath is noisome; therfore I will depart unkissed."(Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, V.2) :D

Aero
March 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
If you were wearing a bright red shirt he might have said it makes you look sallow. Anything he can use to get at you. Just remember that living better is the best revenge.

GoddesJourney
March 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I was going to say something but it sounds like everyone else pretty much has this loser all figured out already, not that it was difficult. So glad THAT's over (relationship with him). How old is this guy? 12? I know it hurts to have your ex making rude comments to you. Exes seem to know how to push buttons and they're often the kind of people who do it on purpose. You'll be okay. When that guy is rude to you, just think about how much he is raising your standard for the next guy.

ETA: By the way, it sounds like he's not exactly over YOU, which is why he's lashing out about how beautiful you look with your long hair (without him).

Rhiannon7
March 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM
He's a Jerk! thanks that he's your ex. just ignore him, you look great, not childish at all. your hair makes you look so beautiful and your hair is so gorgeous. I wish i could do the buns and updos you can. just ignore the jerk. Hugs. :grouphug:

IcarusBride
March 8th, 2010, 10:13 PM
You're the "immature" one, when he's got the logic of a 5-year old cracked out on pixie-sticks?
Forget about that guy and make sure you never have to see him again.

Twil
March 9th, 2010, 04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo_7bhk1UzA:disco:
(you are! Don't forget it!)

BelleBot
March 9th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Your hair looks awesome, and long hair is never immature or childish. Besides what's wrong with keeping in touch with your youthful child like side anyway.
I love the updos, they're so pretty, and they look very sophisticated. He's an ex for a reason. Enjoy your long hair. If you have any doubts about your relationship ending, just remember what a jackass he is.

Pumpkin
March 9th, 2010, 05:04 AM
You look fabulous. :heart: Consider the source.

Nae
March 9th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Your hair is absolutely lovely. Here is the deal, he knows your hair is nice and that you love it so he specifically picked that part of you to hurt you as badly as he could. If you are like the typical LHC member others in our lives pick up on how much we care about our hair.

This comment shows what kind of person he is, and has no reflection whatsoever to you or how your hair looks. Because your hair is beee-you-ti-full!!!!!!!

marzipanthecat
March 9th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Well, I think it has been said a lot already, but he is your EX for a reason! And he's looking for ways to upset you. (And it seems like he found a good trigger - from his point of view.)

Your hair (and you!) look just super in those photos.

He's being a jerk.

Svenja
March 9th, 2010, 06:43 AM
First of all: your hair is great! And your ex is an a*******. So much for that.
Second: why on earth do so many people think having long hair makes you less adult/grown-up as some fancy-pansy short hairstyle with loads of styling products to make it look anywhere near good?
Yes, hair is a reason why we do not move on in life. If I had super short hair, I might be boss of my company by now, but my evil evil hair has kept me from moving on. And in 10 years time when my hair is finally long i will have degraded myself from my current position to the cleaning lady. All because of my hair growing... *strong sarcasm present*
Some people... honestly!

MissMandyElizab
March 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks all of you!!!!!He is a jerk the worse is he wanted me to grow my hair out and I (for some sad reasons) never felt safe to do it and now I have been and he sees me for the first time in who knows and acts like i'm a bad seed little girl.....ugh i so have a sword i would like to show him....

WelshLocks
March 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm jealous of your hair;it is absolutely beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

hugs.

Unofficial_Rose
March 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Good for you for breaking up with such an a$$hole! You are definitely going to be happier without him.

And your hair is wonderful, don't listen to him!

Yes, people have a way of confirming that you are better off without them sometimes. Quite considerate of him to make this so abundantly clear, IMO.;)

Oh, and your hair is very pretty and healthy-looking.

JaclynBailey
March 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I think your hair is fantastic! I think it actually takes maturity to be able to properly care for hair that is long and healthy! He sounds like a bitter bug to me!

Unofficial_Rose
March 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
i'm a bad seed little girl..

Slight thread highjack. What an interesting phrase - not one I've heard before. I quite like the idea of being a bad seed little girl, it sounds subversive. :cool:

spidermom
March 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I don't agree with your ex at all. I think you look pretty darn cute. I think he knows where your buttons are, and he pushed some just because he could. A pox on him! May the fleas of 1000 camels infest his bed! Better yet - bedbugs.

MissMandyElizab
March 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Slight thread highjack. What an interesting phrase - not one I've heard before. I quite like the idea of being a bad seed little girl, it sounds subversive. :cool:Oh I have an odd turn of phrase ,My grandfather traveled a lot and took me along all over so by the time I went to school I drove my teacher wonky.Haven't oiy grown it but i kinda like the idea when ya think about the ..............um bad side of it.

Shicurls
March 9th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I think it's great that after you broke up you started growing your hair! Ha! That IS the best revenge!!

You look great, he's hurt because he couldn't "make you" grow long then and he can't "make you" change now!

LisaButz2001
March 9th, 2010, 03:42 PM
He probably just wanted to feel as though he had the last word in the relationship and lash out with a negative comment that wounds you to the extent he feels wounded. Had he commented positively about your hair ever in the relationship?

frodolaughs
March 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Your hair is beautiful, your ex is a jerk, and this is just one little reminder of what he's like and why he is not with you anymore. Oooh, some people are excellent button-pushers, aren't they? They can say crazy stuff you just KNOW is wrong, and still get to you--and they know it. There's a name for those people--they're called 'toxic.' Come on over here whenever you need more reassurance.

ladyleelu
March 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I wanna kick your ex in the................

GAH! You are beautiful. Sounds like someone is bitter!!! He wants the last say. Pathetic.

Your hair is stunning hun!!!!!!

Toadstool
March 9th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Slight thread highjack. What an interesting phrase - not one I've heard before. I quite like the idea of being a bad seed little girl, it sounds subversive. :cool:

Me too, sounds great!

Chrissy
March 10th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Proverbs 13:3, NIV. "He who guards his lips guards his soul, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin."

Even the Bible speaks of speaking badly to anyone. There are many scriptures regarding how we speak to each other. Don't worry about what he says. Thankfully he is your ex. You are a bigger and better person. Just be thankful you are no longer married to him and go on with your life. Don't believe a word he says. Be your own person. Oh and your hair ls lovely!!!

Elbereth
March 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous ,and I really love how creative you are with it, the ex is an ex for a reason...

...and whether you will ever grow up or not is none of his business any longer :wigtongue

caribou55313
March 10th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Your hair is lovely, and you made an excellent decision when you moved on from that eedjit!

Marz Hase
March 10th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and not horrible at all! He's just trying to hurt you and obviously not worth your time. :) Chin up!

lora410
March 10th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I love the hairstyle that is rolled up on the bak of your head :D

JamieLeigh
March 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
NO!!! Your hair is awesome, and so are you. :grouphug:

Never listen to anything an Ex says in regards to your appearance. It's apparently their job to make you feel badly about yourself, because it makes them feel better to think they're still hurting you. Ask my ex husband - that's the only job he's ever been good at.

You have gorgeous hair, and look how many styles you know! :flower:

rchorr
March 10th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Well, he's and ex ... and full of :poop: I really like some of your up dos. And I'm SO jealous of the thickness of your hair! Don't let him win! As someone else said, there's a reason he's an "ex".

RCHORR'

young&reckless
March 10th, 2010, 11:34 AM
YOu hair and you are both wonderful. Don't every let anyones lies ruin your day. :)

YesitsReal
March 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Nah...if long hair is 'childish,' how come half the people in Hollywood are trying to get it by cheating with extensions?

In an aside...I'm totally trying the bun in pic #4 today--that is really cool! ::runs off::

pennyroyal
March 10th, 2010, 12:01 PM
me thinks it's a good thing he's your ex cause it sounds like he totally sucks! your hair is gorgeous!

Alia
March 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM
What a manipulative jerk! Your hair is beautiful--and enviable!--and would have zero to do with moving on, whatever he means by that. Clearly, he hasn't if he feels the need to belittle you.

nycstar
April 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM

You look fabulous with long hair. You ARE fabulous just because you are. He's a schmuck and doesn't deserve to breathe your carbon dioxide.

I have to tell you.. you have such lovely hair (as so many do here in LHC). I can't wait for my layers to grow out and have your hem! Enjoy it darlin'.

joiekimochi
April 5th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Your hair is AMAZING and he is toe jam.

Naamah
April 5th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Don't listen to him. Your hair is lovely. :flower:

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Your hair is beautiful! He's an ex, so who cares what he says? He's just trying to be hurtful, so he said something he knew would upset you. It's obviously not true!

dropinthebucket
April 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I swear, in spite of Hollywood's stupid, untrue attempts to make women exes look bad (My Super Ex-Girlfriend, The Ex-Wives Club, ..... and more) men are *definitely* worse as exes! We try to be adult about things, especially for the kids, they stoop to insults and general a***h*** behaviour. Someone should take a poll - I *know* men make worse exes! The insults only prove *they're* the ones who haven't moved on, or developed as people! You ignore him, girl! Ignore him, hard! (which is also a form of revenge, they hate it when they don't get a rise out of you :))

LadyVictoria
April 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Eff him, what a jerk! My response would have been "well at least one of us has got something that's long" & sent him on his merry was with little pride & a big complex. I'm sorry you had to deal with such an a-hole.

KittyLost
April 7th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Don't take any notice!
He is trying to ruin something good for you.

You look lovely with long hair and he knows this too, he is probably hoping that you'd cut it off and have to deal with the anguish of growing it long again!
Remember, Ivanna Trump! Gorgeous hair is the best revenge ;)

Monsterkitti
April 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
He sounds silly flailing around for something mean to say, he didnt even manage something that makes a lot of sense :)

Try to ignore him, going off everyones messages your hair is looking gorgeous and I totally agree with them!

Sweetbaby
April 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
His thoughts don't matter, not that they are worth considering anyways ;-)

Most guys , and I do mean MOST love long hair and he was pushing your buttons, b/c he's probably thinking you'll get attention elsewhere and that would kinda prove he's bluffing you to see if he can get you to cut it. I suspect there is a control issue going on there.

At any rate, I do think your hair is gorgeous and would be thrilled to have hair that long and pretty. Seriously. I used to be susceptible to others opinions, but I know what I want now and that is long hair and if someone else doen't like it, be it a man, woman or ex, so what?

I know what you are feeling somewhat tho. I had an ex in the past that commented when my hair was short ( previous short haircut, yes I've lost my mind more than once lol) and he said "don't ever cut your hair again".. but ya know what? Even then I knew even tho it smarted that he was having his control issues again, trying to tell me what to do with MY hair. Pleazee.. let this roll off you like water off a ducks back.

You do what YOU like with your hair and love every darn minute of it. There will always be someone to try and knock us down a peg or two, by whatever means they think they can. They are usually not happy with themselves and this makes them feel better.

So.. yep.. don't take it to heart. It was meant to hurt you and you let him, then he accomplished his goal.

And oh yea, long hair is feminine.. it's womanly and it's your crowning glory. Cherish it. :-)

Btw, if anyone has short hair, don't take this as you are not feminine, mines short too again, and I did feel like someone snatched the feminine away but I'm getting past that and my hair is finally growing some. Not much but I can tell it just this week it's thicker :-) And I'm like oh ya baby, you keep on,.... I appreciate every little bit and look forward to more.

He was childish for saying that but just remember he's got issues apparently and forgive it and move on. That's the ADULT thing to do :-))

grmn-rpnzl
April 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM

LOL you cracked me up!!!! :laugh:Good one!

mwedzi
April 7th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think your hair looks bad. I like it. I think it might be true that all the hair toys (like the red ones) will strike some as childish. It's up to you how you want to wear your hair, of course, but that will be the way some people see it. I know my own favorite style was two jumbo afro puffs. But a colleague told me I was too old for it. While I was angry at first, I realized she did have a point. It's okay to like some childish things, though, I think. It's just up to you when, where, what you'll like and how you think people's views of you will affect you.

Oh, and he's a jerk. My jaw dropped when I read that. Thank goodness he is out of you life now.

julliams
April 7th, 2010, 06:03 PM
He tried to hurt you by insulting something you hold dear.

"To thine own self be true". Don't change yourself for anyone but yourself.

I love your updos - I can't wait until my hair is long enough so I can do some of those and I'm 36 with two kids.

Chin up and keep expressing yourself as you want to.

christinemariep
April 7th, 2010, 07:38 PM
HAHA...I liked the tiny penis comeback. Anyway, your hair is beautiful and he is just trying to drag you down.

Nocturnal
April 8th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Jeez, thank goodness he's an ex!

BTW your hair is fab!

Purdy Bear
April 8th, 2010, 04:06 AM
One quote which has helped me a lot in life is:

Other people opinions are none of my business.

Dont worry about your ex, his just trying to use emotional blackmail. His an insignificant speck on your past, go forward and have a wondful life.

Henrietta
April 8th, 2010, 09:14 AM
He is ridiculous. Maybe he can't stand the fact that he is not with you anymore, you are OK and you don't miss him. You are able to manage without him, it always hurts men- awareness, that they are not indispensable. So he is trying to hurt you to feel himself better. Typical. Probably he cannot pull himself together after breakup. Let me kick his stupid ass for you.

And your hairstyle with two braids clipped somehow up? GORGEOUS! That's the hairstyle I am growing my hair for! (How did you do that?:) )

Charlotte
April 9th, 2010, 03:19 AM
You have gorgeous hair - ignore him! :flower:

Ksenia
April 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I was had to deal with my ex AND HE IS..................(SAY ANY THING YOU LIKE) BUT then as he was leaving he said "by the way you look like crap with your hair long.Maybe if you looked like an adult you'ld have moved on." i know he's and *&& but do i lookhttp://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs492.ash1/26892_1247615706449_1111117593_30629875_2314677_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30629875&id=1111117593)http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs444.ash1/24505_1241623036636_1111117593_30617817_5258782_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30617817&id=1111117593)
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs492.ash1/26892_1247617026482_1111117593_30629879_5637128_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30629879&id=1111117593)
bad?http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs457.snc3/26120_1245387130736_1111117593_30624759_5651734_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30624759&id=1111117593)http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs024.snc3/11151_1168349804851_1111117593_30463529_5920337_s. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30463529&id=1111117593)http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs221.snc1/6828_1129765080257_1111117593_30372843_3961277_s.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30372843&id=1111117593)

I have actually admired your hair before when seeing your previous posts, you've got some amazing styles and it looks so nice and thick!

Your ex sounds like a dipwad. He knew you are proud of your hair (with good reason!) and felt like being a puerile little brat by making up something about it like an 8-year old in the schoolyard. If your guy doesn't like your hair, he's not for you. My ex was like that too - always telling me to cut my hair and getting annoyed by it. That should have been a BIG RED FLASHING WARNING SIGN. You deserve to be with someone who likes all of you. You could shave your head off and he would say the same thing about a bald head.

Next time (if there is one), take it as a compliment - "Thanks, coming from you, that means I'm doing something right!"

Fiferstone
April 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
What.A.Doofus.

You are well shut of him.

I think your hair is gorgeous, and I'll bet you've forgotten how to do more updos than I'll ever learn ;).

princessp
April 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Yep, I have a friend who got divorced and she is just the cutest. Her ex told her she looked terrible (which crushed her), but as I told her, he must have been really mad at the realization he lost such a beautiful women. Truth is, your ex doesn't want to see you with anyone else. So I think he said that (almost like an incantation) hoping it would come to pass. You are absolutely gorgeous, and your hair is divine.

MissMandyElizab
April 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM
The man is a *&^%* and I know it! The worse is he was my first real you know so I have this soft spot that when he says something it kills me.

starlights
April 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Dont listen to him.... he sounds soooooooo rude.... your hairs beautiful! x

Athena's Owl
April 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
So I can tell by this comment that he's emotionally abusive in general, and gets off on hurting you and making you feel inferior. To which I say EFF THAT.

You have very pretty hair, and it's only going to get prettier.

pinchbeck
April 9th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I cannot tell if you suit long hair because there are only pics of the back of your head. Not everyone admires or likes longer hair lengths and that includes my boyfriend. He told me, "cut your hair, if I wanted to date a teenager I would". I ended up cutting it to apl and he was so happy! I didn't mind either, but eventually grew it back. He has stopped badgering me about it, but my mother will make the odd remark like, " you should cut your hair to a more mature length". She bought me a gift certificate for a hair salon and I told her I don't need it.

If you like your hair long than that is all that matters. It's hard, however, when the people closest to us have an aversion to it. I understand that fully.

Athena's Owl
April 10th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Heh pinchbeck, I think you missed the part where missMandyElizabeth's ex was nagging her to grow her hair long when they were together, and has now changed his tune now that she's no longer his possession and has the long hair he wanted her to have.

doro357
April 13th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Your hair is cute. Don't let that idiot get to you. Are you happy with your hair? If so, that's all that matters. Have fun.

pinchbeck
April 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Heh pinchbeck, I think you missed the part where missMandyElizabeth's ex was nagging her to grow her hair long when they were together, and has now changed his tune now that she's no longer his possession and has the long hair he wanted her to have.I didn't see the part where the OP's ex was asking her to grow her hair long. Is it somewhere in this thread?

I remember once encouraging my best friend to grow her hair long because it was so thick and wavy I wanted to see it long. She started to grow it and when it reached bsl it was stunning. However, when compared with her shorter hair style she had previously, we both agreed that the longer length didn't suit her facial shape. It was a bummer because I wanted to see her locks really long. I am glad I had the opportunity to see it at that length and will never forget!

I dunno. People say hurtful things for different reasons. Sometimes the truth is revealed about how one feels in a fit of anger. It is hard to judge any individual who is hurtful because we really don't know where their comments are coming from.:)

Karala
April 13th, 2010, 11:25 AM
He's a schmuck and doesn't deserve to breathe your carbon dioxide.

LOL! Great line ^^

To the OP: your hair is very beautiful indeed!

Juliannaissance
April 13th, 2010, 11:57 AM
You can rest assured that he was definitely grasping at straws, looking for something to say that would hurt you. Exactly! Don't pay attention to his immature comments. He probably just said that because he was trying to find something that will make you feel REALLY horrible...and since he knows that you love your long hair, he wanted to put you down!! But what a jerk!!!! You have lovely hair!:D

ASillyKitty
April 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Don't listen to your ex, he just wanted to say something to hurt you, even if it had no truth to it, which it didn't!

KBG
April 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Gorgeous hair! my hex-husband was a total insulting arse to me too. some ppl just can't resist lashing out.

Flynn
April 13th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Where do you aim an insult so that it hurts most?

Right at one of a person's most attractive, well-cared-for features.

You can take it as a compliment, not an insult.

MotherConfessor
April 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Your hair is AMAZING and he is toe jam.

I love that!! and I second all the comments implying that he is a slimy, resentful little douche bag who is just angry you dont need him.
If you see him again and he tries saying something lousy like that just laugh. Seriously. With some awesome exceptions (Islandgirrl's reply to a bunch of hypercritical stepford wives comes to mind) we don't think of the brilliant cutting reply when we are still reeling from a comment like that, so its good to always have a default mode for replying to insults. Scathing silence and raised eyebrows for people trying to "help" you works well, but for out and out cruelty nothing beats laughing in their face. Its a way of completely crushing whatever they just said and making them feel thoroughly stupid. If you meet him again just laugh at his general pathetic-ness and walk off giggling. Because your hair is fabulous!

jackiesjottings
April 14th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I think your hair looks fab and yah boo sucks to your ex!!!!