PDA

View Full Version : Returning from a long absence

Saranne772
March 8th, 2010, 03:19 AM
It has been a very long time since I was last online. I dont even remember how long it has been! My laptop has been out of action for 6 months plus and I now have it back! Yay!:cheese:

My hair is now around tailbone length- I have not been able to maintain it at a longer length. I moved house and started a new job and the stress and time it consumed did not help me maintain it as I used too unfortunately! I am currently using Johnsons Baby shampoo to wash it and wearing it in a logroll most of the time.

I have lost some of the thickness that I previously had and have been attacked by split ends! Arghh!!!

I suppose I need to go back to the drawing board and replan a routine for my hair. I don't want to cut any off at the moment if I can help it. I trimmed approximately 2 to 3 inches about a month ago so now I want to maintain and maybe trim again in a couple of months.

hanne jensen
March 8th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Welcome back! You have very beautiful hair. There's a British product called Essentials care Gentle Herb Shampoo that I swear by. It's very gentle and fantastic for the scalp. I buy it at the health food store.

Hana
March 8th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Well now you're back in the lair of the well tressed, you'll be bouncing back in no time, im sure!
Nice to meet you!
And I must say, your hair in your signature looks gorgeous. :D

Calista
March 8th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Hi Saranne, good to see you back! I had been wondering about you from time to time. :waving:

florenonite
March 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Welcome back, it's good to see you :)

Tabitha
March 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Hi Saranne, nice to see you back!

There was a recent thread on Baby shampoo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=988655) here - in summary, it's designed for specific issues that babies have (higher, more alkaline pH so as not to sting their eyes, and strong enough to help loosen cradle cap) and is not as gentle as people think for adult hair - especially long hair (babies don't have long hair!) so I hope you'll be able to find some inexpensive but better options for your hair by seeing what other UKers here use.

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I don't know how the weather as been in UK the past weeks, but here we have experienced both milder humid weather and cool weather with drying northern winds. Season changes always makes an impact on my hair. I recommend a deep treatment.

angelthadiva
March 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome back! :waving:

Shorty89
March 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
It's good to see you back!

Pierre
March 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Saranne!!! Welcome back!