PDA

View Full Version : did your hair grow quicker at certain lengths?

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
my hair is really taking off from apl to bsl, yet it was really slow from neck to apl.

Anybody else find that hair grows quicker at certain points?

KellieKay
May 2nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
No,for me no matter what I did all I got was 1/2" a month.

squiggyflop
May 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
my hair went from shorter than APL to bsl in like 3 or 4 months.. then it sort of creeped to waist.. then i cut it back to bsl now its creeping slowly to waist again

Shypii90
May 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
I used to think my hair grew faster than the average rate.. 'til I actually measured it and realised it grew much slower than 0.5 inches month!

A month ago I started taking hair, skin and nail pills. Today I checked the progress. It grew 3/4 inch in d past month! :)
So it's growing faster at the moment with these pills.

It's still under 6 inches long though. I'm growing it out from shaved.

jojo
May 4th, 2008, 04:18 AM
i know last time i grew my hair it grew like weeds from APL to BSL, wonder if the weight of the hair has any affect on how quick our hair grows?

eadwine
May 4th, 2008, 04:26 AM
It seems like it taking to get to BSL is taking WAAAY too long. Blah. I hope BSL to waist (just over 4 inches for me) is going to go faster.

UrbanEast
May 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I do think it's growing slower now than it did at BSL or waist length.

psvzum
May 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't noticed a difference in how fast my hair grows no matter what the length has been.

wimsey
May 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Seems like my hair grew really fast from waist to tailbone. It's slowed down now.

somethingwicked
May 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Mine seemed to go really fast from waist to tail bone, too. Maybe not so much at first, but when it got past tail bone, I cut it way back, about to what I'd consider waist length, and it seems like it just SHOT back to tail bone. Trimmed it back again, and again, it seemed like it was back down towards tail bone again. I had it whacked way back this time, to between BSL and waist; we'll see how long it takes to creep back down to where it apparently likes to be this time.

I guess I really should measure and record so I can be a little less babble-y :D

Snowblood
May 5th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Seems like my hair grew really fast from waist to tailbone. It's slowed down now.

I made the same experience. My hair grew very fast from waist to hip, but now at tailbone it seems to take forever until classic length is reached.. :rolleyes:

Silver Strands
May 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Did you measure and note that it was indeed growing faster?

I would think it might be because you wanted your hair to
"be" long looking.

So maybe once it crossed the shoulders it seemed to grow faster
because you were more content with the length.
Plus you could finally put it up.

Make any sense? Or I could be completely wrong.

Snowblood
May 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I had waist long hair for many years and cutted it every 3 months back to this lentgh. It grew like weed.

I would think it might be because you wanted your hair to "be" long looking.

Thatīs a point I didnīt thought of. And yes, it makes sense.
I only decided last year to let my hair grow, so of course Iīm watching my length gain contrary to the past and that makes me somehow impatient. :o
Another point could be that from waist to hip there are less inches to go than from TB to classic (at least on my body).

Nonetheless the longer hair gets, the more it tapers.. I think thatīs the reason why hairs seem to grow slowlier on certain lengths because longer hairs start to fall out. :(

vindo
May 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
My hair was slower at around Midback to Waist but that might have been because I was chronically sick for a few years.
Being healthy now my hair has been growing faster than ever since winter last year (funny that it decides to speed at such a long length ^^)

lora410
May 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Neck to apl went really fast for me, but now APL to BSl (2 inches to go) have been dragging for over 6 months *sigh* It makes me wonder if me dying it had anything to do with slow progress though. I sure hope BSl to waist is alot faster.

somethingwicked
May 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM

I know that's probably true in my case. Once mine was past shoulder length from a super short cut that evolved from my high school demi mohawk, I was just happy that I had long hair. I didn't pay that much attention, until it started getting really long. Duh, I guess that would have been past waist lenght :P

feralnature
May 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I know that's probably true in my case. Once mine was past shoulder length from a super short cut that evolved from my high school demi mohawk, I was just happy that I had long hair. I didn't pay that much attention, until it started getting really long. Duh, I guess that would have been past waist lenght :P

Hey, somethingwicked, we are practically neighbors!

Anje
May 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Mine took forever to get from BSL to Waist (just a couple inches), but it seems like it flew from Waist to Hip (about the same, just a few inches) and still feels like it's growing quickly. It now goes past my belt when the ends don't feel like curling up.

twilight
May 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
every time i grow my hair out it seems to c r a w l from shoulders to BSL, and then poof! mid-back happens and it flies to waist length.

i woke up a few weeks ago to the poof and i swear i can see it growing now... lol

(i'm thinking about measuring to see if it's all in my head!)

ladystar
May 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Feels like forever to get from BSL to Waist that's what it feels like right now. I haven't seen it move from 26" and I haven't had a trim in 4 months, I use to do it every 3 months. Its frustrating. :shrug:

littlemiss
May 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
mines at bsl now i feel like its been here for ever!!!

Arniky
May 17th, 2008, 08:35 AM
i think the growth rate is not always same, its some times a bit different

jojo
May 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM

I would think it might be because you wanted your hair to
"be" long looking.

Plus you could finally put it up.

Make any sense? Or I could be completely wrong. yes this is a very valid point!

Saranne772
May 21st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Mine seemed to fly between waist and tb! And maybe still flying to classic but we will see.

Blueneko
May 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM
The first 5" were slow for me. I think the countours of the neck and shoulders mess with the visual as well. Once it is flowing down your back, it continues to flow.

socks
May 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM
My hair crawls downward at a pretty even .5" a month, no matter what length it's at. I've noticed that it feels as if it clings to milestones, though, because they're the easiest ways to judge length. For example, my hair still feels as if it's at knee length right now, even though it's about 4" past.

Amy-Lee
October 11th, 2020, 02:31 AM
When I had a pixie, it felt like my hair turned into a mullet overnight.

lapushka
October 11th, 2020, 04:06 AM
When I had a pixie, it felt like my hair turned into a mullet overnight.

Yes short hair? You actually can see it grow. :lol: I mean we just cut dad's hair last week, Tuesday, and it's already grown. :shocked: