PDA

View Full Version : how to pin a stripe

atlantaz3
March 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1525&pictureid=66173

Sometimes everything just comes together. I stopped in Macy's Friday night and found not one but two suites that fit without any alterations. (Unheard of for me a petite!) So I get home and the hubby reminds me we had coupons - so I got an extra $20 off a really good price, final clearance item. Next he said the suite would look really sharp if I could match the stripe. So I head out the next day, find a purse also on clearance for $20 - a tiganello! In the juniors department I found the turtle neck for $4! But what I got really excited about was the hair pins that I found at this little kiosk in the mall. I usually just blow past those and this one looked to be mostly hair add ins but the sparkle caught my eye and I was also looking for a little bling for date night with the hubby. But they have amish hair pins with crystal tops. I bought four and two match the pin stripe in the suite! (Of course I'm now going to have to hunt for shoes since all the other stuff is just so perfect.) For someone who sticks to safe black or navy suites for work... I can't wait to put my hair up Monday with my new hair pins!
If the link doesn't work I have pics in my photo album - a close up of the hair pins. Plus they said if any of the crystals fall out they will replace for free - yeah! The pinstripe looks a little faded in the picture.

Teacherbear
March 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Very pretty! It sounds like you found some great bargains!

AbruptlyWanderi
March 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM
That is pretty awesome! :D

Cirafly24
March 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Wow, what a great, put-together look! I am a little in awe of your bargain hunting and style sense :)

TXbarbie
March 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Hurray for finding clothes that fit! I'm also petite so
I can totally empathize with you!