PDA

View Full Version : For probably the 1000st time - hairtyping help!

natt i nord
March 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Yep. Me again in a new thread and I'm probably the 1000st that needs it - hairtyping!

Washed yesterday w/out conditioner and let it airdry, untouched:

UNCOMBED (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3870&pictureid=66059) - COMBED (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3870&pictureid=66060)
(Pics are from yesterday, right after they were dry)

I always tought I was an 1c, but now I'm unsure. 1c/2a? Or 2a? Help! :scared:

Arctic
March 7th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I'm not very good at these, but to me it looks like your ends would be 2a-b but the hair nearer the scalp would be of 1 category, so I would go with 1c/2a. I bet it was more wavy when shorter!

Liss
March 7th, 2010, 06:22 AM
You have lovely hair. I'm not terribly good with hairtyping, but I'm thinking a 1c/2a from the uncombed image.

natt i nord
March 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I bet it was more wavy when shorter!
That's what I don't know - When it was shorter I used cones, that made it more straight, I think. And I think when I was typing my hair the first time there were still some cones in.

You have lovely hair.
Thank you :flower:

I'm waiting for another few responses, but I think I'll go with 1c/2a. Thanks! :)

rags
March 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Well, I think you're a 1c/2a also. Closer to a 2a, though. :hmm: Whatever your type, it's beautiful!

natt i nord
March 7th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Thank you, rags :flower:

I think I'll go with 1c/2a :)

(I really have to switch my conditioner again - my current one contains Polyquaternium-80, maybe without that stuff it'll get even weavier? *hopes*)

chloeishere
March 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
There are definitely spirals in the ends. The ends look like 2c to me, but it changes to a 1c just below shoulders and up. So... I dunno!

DizzyFairy
March 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I tried to look at your pics, but I guess I am still too new to look at pictures! One day... I hope. :)

Rhea
March 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hello natt i nord , I´m thinking you´re 2b ! Look at LHN ... "Eloa" :)

Rhiannon7
March 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I'm not an expert but i would say 2A, but the hair from shoulders up looks like 1B/1C. so cannot be sure. your hair is wavier than mine and i am a 1B/1C. so i believe it is 2A or even 2B. has some spirals in the uncombed pic.

Very lovely hair whatever the type.

melikai
March 8th, 2010, 03:02 AM
You seem to have more partly-formed curls than waves in your uncombed pic, so I'd say 2a-2b, closer to 2b. I'm 1c-2a, and to me my type of hair is characterised by going more completely straight when combed than yours does. :)

GlassEyes
March 8th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Bottom looks almost 2c. o-o

What are you using to wash, exactly?

natt i nord
March 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
What are you using to wash, exactly?

A conefree shampoo with SLS. Usually a conefree (but with Polyquaternium) conditioner for the lengths, but I left it away this time. Those photos are right after wash with conefree shampoo, completely untouched airdried.

:hmm:

xoxophelia
March 8th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm in a similar boat as you. I think there is a pic in my album that shows that the bottom is pretty wavy where as there are sections definitely in the 1 something category. I do also have little sections that spiral Oo

I think what miiiiight be going on in my case has a bit to do with damage. As in, I think the texture will change as the damage grows out. If you have damage as well that could be the case but it is not unusual to have a mix of texture.

I'd stick with the 1c/2a for now and then if with time it becomes more or less wavy you can adjust :)

EvaSimone
March 8th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think you are at least a 2a. Your hair looks pretty similar to mine except you actually have more waves at the bottom. IMO it's not that unusual to have straighter hair at the top, the weight of the hair at the bottom pulls some of the wave out.

natt i nord
March 8th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hmm, yes, I have quite a lot of damage due to chemical dyes. I think I'll stick with 1c/2a and see again when the damage has grown out a bit :)

Thanks! :flower:

Arctic
March 8th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I think 2b and even 2a hair "should" be more wavy nearer the scalp, but I also know personally that not all head of hairs are text book examples of typing and have different textures.