PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Ravenne
March 7th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I managed to do a dutch braid! :happydance: Been trying for months! I couldn't figure out the finger positioning. I would always have to drop a strand so I could mess with the other two, then find it again, which of course resulted in a loose braid that slipped out quickly. BUT! I did it! I'm so excited! I'm wearing it like this tomorrow! Lol!

This probably didn't need its own thread, but I'm so excited about it. :P

WyrdWay
March 7th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Good job! I'm still waiting for my bangs to grow out some more to attempt it!
Is that it in your avatar? It looks really good!

Ravenne
March 7th, 2010, 02:02 AM
My avatar is a french (my go-to style). And thank you. :)

I'm still growing out my bangs too. I just start higher up on my head than most people do so I can weave them into the first couple of turns. It holds pretty well unless I get into some serious wind.

indigonight
March 7th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I understand, I am incapable of doing one! Maybe you could instruct me and write the instructions like they were meant for a dummy doing the hair-handling - ie me! Thanks!

Ravenne
March 7th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I understand, I am incapable of doing one! Maybe you could instruct me and write the instructions like they were meant for a dummy doing the hair-handling - ie me! Thanks!

Lol! I can give it a shot... It may take me a little while to write it out properly, but I'll see what I can come up with. :) What made it click for me was thinking of it like a french braid.. but backwards. Of course that only really works if you're comfortable with french braids. :o

LittleDreamer
March 7th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Congrats!! :thumbsup:

countryhopper
March 7th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Congrats!

it's always nice to have a milestone, even if it's a mini one :D

little_acorn
March 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Congrats - it was a major achievement for me too when I got it - I kept converting mine to a French half-way through LOL

DizzyFairy
March 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats! I am always really excited when I learn a new "thing" for my hair!
:) I am glad to know there are a few others out there that struggle with doing their own hair...

Gumball
March 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
That's great! Congratulations! It's an amazing feeling when something finally clicks and you can manage to do it. Since you've got that down then with more practice it will just keep on getting more refined until you don't have to give it a second thought.

khan
March 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
:blossom: Congratulations! I felt like dancing too when I finally got it. I think that everytime you conquer a new style it gets easier to master another one. Finger positioning seems to get easier.
Try it with a bun sometime, people seems to think it takes hours to do :D.

ailin
March 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Yay for learning new 'dos! :D Dutch braids are great, now that I (also) have learned to do one I wear them often... I have actually never seen another person sporting one where I live.