PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Styling Ideas

kevala
March 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hello! I registered here a long time ago and read some articles, but I never really participated in the community. Now I'm hoping to get some advice! I have long hair, and I've had long hair since I was a small child. I love the length, but I feel like I don't have many styling options.

So, I'd like to hear how others with long hair like to wear their locks. I usually go with down, messy bun with hair stick, ponytail, or half-ponytail. I wore plain 3-strand braids a lot as a kid, but don't like them as much these days. Sometimes I see people with cute twists and updos and I feel a bit jealous, as my hair is too long for so many of those lovely styles. What else can I try?

GoddesJourney
March 6th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure if you can access the articles with so few posts, but there are all kinds of great styles that people put up there. torrinpaige and hypnotica have really good YouTube tutorials on long hair styles. Check them out. It's nice to have a visual. You can just YouTube them.

kevala
March 6th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Thank you for the helpful info! Torrin seems to have hair about the same length as mine, so I'll start by experimenting with some of her styles.

IcarusBride
March 7th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I second Torrin's videos. They are fantastic and I love her narration, it is just like receiving advice from your best gal-pal. Only Torrin is much more knowledgeable about hair than my best friends . . . haha!

LittleDreamer
March 7th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I third Torrin's videos! She gives me loads of inspiration even if I can't do some of the styles. She's simply a genius :)

countryhopper
March 7th, 2010, 07:04 AM
There are some nice hairstyles to look at on the "wear your hair up" challenge. Also, there is a "new style no repeats" challenge where you try a new hairstyle everyday without repeating the exact one more than once. It's nice when you're in a hairstyle rut.