PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Color

cellardoor
March 6th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Okay so I've made the mistake of my dying my hair very dark brown with a permanent box color. My hair is naturally probably dark blond to light brown. Now that my hair is growing out (I dyed it about 2 months ago) I'm beginning to notice that the hair at my roots is much lighter and the ends of my hair are beginning to fade. I really want to get my hair close to my natural color so I can stop having to dye it constantly. I really need some advice on if I should use a color stripper. If so, which brands would you suggest? iOr is there any other options for getting this color out? :confused:

Crazycatlady
March 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I had a similar issue back in August when I decided to let my hair grow out from a short pixie (and discovered this wonderful site, Yea!!), and stopped coloring it myself, monthly, a very light blonde. I have been letting my hair stylist add foils of high and low lights to gradually ease more of my natural color (a very dark blonde) back in. This has been working out great for me so far, I only go every 8-10 weeks and the three different shades sort of hide my roots. When it was one color all over it was hard to keep up with the roots.

Sorry, I don't know anything about stripping color but I'm sure many people here do. :)
This has worked for me, as I really don't want to go totally back to my natural color. I know any chemicals will damage the hair, but I will say that I am taking MUCH better care if it now thanks to LHC!!!

Good Luck~