PDA

View Full Version : Flaxseed Oil tablets

orangesvegazoo
March 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hello there! I hear from Dr. Oz (a seemingly reputable source)? that flaxseed oil taken daily can aid in hair growth. Has anyone tried this and with what degree of success?:confused:

DizzyFairy
March 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have never heard that. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Kris Dove
March 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I take flaxseed daily and I haven't really noticed much difference (I take it as a vegan source of omega 3s though and not particularly for hair growth, although this is a good incentive to keep using it!)

long hair lover
March 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Ladies,
I have also heard that Biotin is good for both hair and nails.
I have noticed that when i stopped taking biotin, my nails became soft and broke easily.
Long Hair Lover

LadyLongLocks
March 6th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I have taken flax seed oil. Just be sure to take it with food. I am a vegetarian so it helps with the omega 3s. I have not taken it on a regular basis enough to tell if it aids hair growth. My hair grows the average or a bit faster. I am just bad at taking vitamins every day and if I do I always need to take them with food or I get sick! I mostly try to eat a healthy diet.

metalgypsy85
March 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I started taking flaxseed oil supplements for my omega's, and I've noticed my hair and nails growing longer than normal lately. I've also been on a health kick, though, so it could be for a number of reasons.

Carolyn
March 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I've taken flax seed oil for years. Not for hair growth but for other health reasons. I also have taken biotin for at least 5 or 6 years. I haven't seen any extra growth. Chances are I am at my maximum genetically programmed growth and nothing is going to boost it up.

Sissy
March 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I believe that omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for strong, healthy hair, which is why I take fish oils daily (except for days when I slack off due to being lazy). I also get flaxseed in my diet through my cereals and such. I have purchased ground flaxseed before and mixed with breads, muffins, and smoothies... it's great. You don't have to buy it in capsule form because it is so easy to mix into foods. I choose to take daily fish oils for the omegas and the fact that it is a high-quality protein source also filled with vitamin B-12 & iron. Flaxseed, in addition to having omega-3,6, and 9 fatty acids, is also high in fiber and lignans. I believe that healthy foods like this will help with hair growth/health. Can I say it will make a significant difference, no but put it this way, it cannot hurt to use it!

Ash
March 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I have taken it for many years and have not noticed any difference in hair growth rate.

Milui Elenath
March 7th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I have also read that flax seed oil promotes growth. I wish I could say where but I have my own personal library of natural and nutritional remedies and read it some time ago.

Coincindentally I was cleaning out the medicine cupboard and found some flaxseed capsules yesterday and was thinking I could use them on my hair in some other oil. The flaxseed was originally for another member of the household who never took them :rolleyes: