PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help co-worker with breakage

lora410
May 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
My co-worker wants long hair and so far it has grown, but her hair is breaking off REALLY bad.it scared even me when I saw all the breakage she had. She co's, clairfys normally, uses coconut oil, and does the deep oil treatments. She does color her hair blondish and I have told her thats probably why it is breaking. It went from very brittle before so mainly soft right now with a bit coarse. Her hair I want to say is somewhat straight, and naturally coarse. I have tried to direct her here and tell her about henna, but since she likes blondish well that didn't work. She really does try to take care of her hair but I just don't know what to tell her about breakage issues besides trim.:shrug: Any tips for her ladies?

longhair4jesus
May 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
so does she do any type of conditioning or protein treatment? There are online tips about determining which or if both are needed for your hair. What about taking vitamins? Is her hair long enough to be worn up or in a braid, at least till the hair gains some strength?

loves2spin
May 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
She needs to make sure she is taking really good care of her health. Nutrient dense diet, exercise, plenty of water. I know if her hair is damaged, that won't help right now, but it definitely could in the future. Did you mention a satin pillow case? She should keep it up as much as possible, and use a VERY wide toothed and smooth comb to detangle after her shower and minimize brushing. Keep it protected from the sun too. I hope she can find a routine that will help her.

Ursula
May 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Since this is a co-worker, I'd be cautious about getting too much into discussions about appearance/hair care/etc. It can be unprofessional. It sounds as if that, while she's moderately interested in growing out her hair, she isn't really interested in learning about LHC-style hair care from you at this point in time.

Drop the subject, unless she approaches you with questions, and if she does approach you, answer her questions simply and don't push. Over time, your relationship may change so that she's willing to discuss this with you, but for now, it sounds as if she's not really open to discussion, and is perhaps just listening to be polite, with minimal interest.