PDA

View Full Version : My Girlfriend's Gorgeous Hair

SupermanSeven
March 6th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I just wanted to show you guys my girlfriend Meaghan's hair. Its about down to her lower back now, and she said she wants to grow it longer. She trimmed about an inch last week to get the hemline more even. If you guys could hair type her, and if you had any advice to help it grow that would be awesome! Thank you! :)

[images deleted pending moderator decision]

BeatlesFanGirl
March 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Her hair is beautiful and she's very pretty! :) I've always wanted such hair - waist length black straight thick hair.

Kuchen
March 6th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Hey, Meaghan should join LHC!

IndigoAsh
March 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM
She and I have the same kind of hair, except hers is straight... Looks beautiful to me. she and her hair! She looks like a type 1 to me, but I don't know if she straightens it or not. I think most everyone's advice would be the same as far as helping her hair grow longer, and that's just taking care of it. Like nixing any heat like hair-blow dryers or straighteners, plastic brushes, and the such. Lots of information to look through on the site. I think the most useful thing in growing hair is patience though ^.^

xoxophelia
March 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Well it would be hard to say for a few reasons.. Her hair looks styled as if she used a blow dryer or a hair straightener. If she didn't though, I would say 1a/M/ii/iii

What is her natural color?

Rentlle
March 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
yyeeeah! she should join lhc!! :D
:p
When hairtyping now, i would say 1a, but, i think she has styled it, no?
she has REALLY beautiful hair :)

GoddesJourney
March 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I agree, it looks like she dyes and straightens it, so it's hard to say. I would say ?/M/ii/iii. It looks nice, good length, fairly thick. I would agree with laying off the styling products except for maybe special occassions would give her the most benefit as well as investing in good seamless wide tooth comb (wood or horn) and throwing away any plastic combs or brushes. Either way, she's well on her way.

ETA: You must be a happy guy! :cheese:

SupermanSeven
March 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments and advice. I'm very blessed my girlfriend has very nice hair:)

Yes, she does dye her hair black, and she does straighten her hair. It naturally does have a little wave to it.

Also apparently I've committed some sort of infraction with the pictures because they have been taken off, which I have not a clue why. Could someone shed some light? :confused:

Gumball
March 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments and advice. I'm very blessed my girlfriend has very nice hair:)

Yes, she does dye her hair black, and she does straighten her hair. It naturally does have a little wave to it.

Also apparently I've committed some sort of infraction with the pictures because they have been taken off, which I have not a clue why. Could someone shed some light? :confused:

There are various potential reasons, but ultimately it would be between the moderator team and you. They'll contact you eventually so all you can do in the meantime is wait for that to occur.

Lamb
March 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
:drama: ****

Sweetness
March 6th, 2010, 11:45 AM
It might have something to do with obtaining her consent before putting a picture of her on the web, even more so if she was recognizable (it's only a wild guess, I haven't seen the picture myself). Like Gumball said, simply be patient and all should be explained to you privately soon (:

chopandchange
March 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
It might have something to do with obtaining her consent before putting a picture of her on the web

That's what I was thinking, too!

In fact, when I saw the pictures of her, I instantly thought "I hope his girlfriend knows he is coming here and posting pics of her!"

She does have nice hair. It looks like she straightens it and that "pouf" thing she had at the front looks like it might have been backcombed. If she is happy doing both those things (straightening and backcombing), that's absolutely fine. It's her hair. But a lot of people here (myself included) have discovered that both of those things are very damaging to the hair, and since giving them up our hair's health has improved enormously.

If she is interested in growing her hair longer than it is already, it will be even more important to keep it healthy. You might want to advise her to check out this forum for herself and read some of the info here about non-damaging styles and methods of caring for her lovely hair. :)

IcarusBride
March 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I think the first advice might be that if she has to straiten or tease it to achieve those hairstyles she should stop to prevent damage. If her hair's naturally that strait and voluminous then nevermind^^; Also small things she can do to promote growth is to take a multi-vitamin if she doesn't already. Whatever she's currently doing seems to be working, though, because her hair is lovely!!!

Natalia
March 6th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Wish i got here before the pic was removed. it sounds liek she has lovely hair :)

Prism
March 6th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was wondering about the ethics of posting someone else's picture when I originally read this thread. Maybe she gave him permission. The problem is, if anything, we'd only have his word for it. So probably best to only post your own pics. At the very least, edit the photo to make the person unrecognizable.

And encourage the individuals with the long hair to come here as the best thing they can do. I don't know of a better resource for someone wanting to grow long hair!