PDA

View Full Version : Should I use a shampoo bar after oiling?

Mamakash
March 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I know there's the Shampoo Bar thread, but I wasn't sure if my query was answered within . . . and it's a pretty big thread, one I hope to gradually read.
I was thinking of trying shampoo bars and was wondering if anyone uses them to wash their hair after an oiling. I've used jojoba to oil my ends and scalp and Vo5 Moisture Milks conditioner to wash it out. It works fine on the ends but my scalp doesn't rinse as clean as I'd like. Will shampoo bars wash out an oiling? And if I just give it a try, does anyone foresee a problem?

WritingPrincess
March 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM
A shampoo bar ought to wash out an oiling, from my experience, as long as the oiling isn't too heavy and you're using the bar right. If this is your first oiling, you may have used far too much oil (I did--the first five times or so! And I thought it was supposed to be that way--so oily as to look wet. :rolleyes:). In that case, you might need to use full shampoo.

Flaxen
March 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM
If you are using Chagrin Valley bars, Ida recommends that you do not oil first since the bars have so much oil in them. Otherwise, like WritingPrincess said, a shampoo bar should be able to remove a light oiling. :smile:

Sissy
March 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
yeah, I would say as the others have said.... shampoo bars could probably remove a light oiling but something extra will be needed to remove a heavy oiling. I own several CV shampoo bars, but have never tried them after oiling my hair. I don't own any other shampoo bars so cannot comment on any other brands. I usually use CO washing or shampoo and conditioner to get my heavy oiling treatments out.