PDA

View Full Version : funny spot on scalp?

aililiú
March 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
hello all :D

so i have this odd spot on my scalp thats been-- fluttering? trembling? twitching? for 3 or 4 days now-- exact same spot. when i press down on it or rub it, it stops, but then starts right back up again.

its probably nothing but i keep having these horrid thoughts like my scalp is stressing out and all the hair in that area is going to fall out! :blueeek: i realize im probably being silly.

anybody else experience this? :headache:

Gumball
March 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Involuntary muscle spasms? I get those on my eyelid and eyebrow from time to time. Sometimes Murphy's Law kicks in and when I try to get someone to look at it then it just stops. It's funny when it's happening and I can get someone to see it twitching. It somewhat proves I'm not nuts!

GoddesJourney
March 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
That settles it then, show it to someone and it will go away!

BrightEyes7
March 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Like gumball I get them in my eyelid... It will last a day sometimes a few days and then it stops. But what I was told is that the spasms are caused by lack of sleep. Now I don't know how reliable that is, and I don't know if it would apply to scalps either.

I say if it is still happening a week from now or it becomes painful see a doctor... or at least call yours and ask if it is something to be worried about!

little_cherry
March 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I've had this happen...I still don't know what it could have been! Nothing bad happened and it just went away on it's own...eventually.. after massaging the area several times a day.

adiapalic
March 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Involuntary muscle spasms? I get those on my eyelid and eyebrow from time to time. Sometimes Murphy's Law kicks in and when I try to get someone to look at it then it just stops. It's funny when it's happening and I can get someone to see it twitching. It somewhat proves I'm not nuts!

Same here! I get the eye-twitch sometimes, but never have on my scalp.

@aililiú, I imagine that's what it is though, just a muscle-twitch.

Sissy
March 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Same here! I get the eye-twitch sometimes, but never have on my scalp.

@aililiú, I imagine that's what it is though, just a muscle-twitch.

yeah, I get the ol' eye-twitch thing from time to time as well. I have never had one on my scalp either. I'd say see a doctor if it doesn't stop.

halo_tightens
March 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I get those every now and then too, on just about any random part of my body! I've definitely had the eye thing, like others have said, and I've had it happen on my scalp too. Nothing horrible has ever happened! It just annoys me for a few hours or days, then goes away! I've no idea what causes it...

Prism
March 6th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Fatigue causes the eye thing. If I spend too much time on the computer, my eye tics throughout the day. It drives me nuts. Tic-tic-tic-tic. I have had it happen in other parts of the body.