PDA

View Full Version : I know, Y'all are tired of doing this! :)

~Lady Stardust~
May 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
I was thinking my hair was a 1c by looking at the pics provided with the definition of the types. However, many people think that buttons could possibly be in the 2s with a little upcurl like that. So, I was just wondering what y'all thought about me! Thank you!

Both of these are the day after washing. My hair usually looks exactly like the first pic after drying, except maybe a bit frizzier. The second pic was after I really smoothed down my hair with a boar bristle brush.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/311toia.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/153y52c.jpg

Once, again, I know everyone is probably tired of these threads and I apologize. But I really appreciate it!

~Lady Stardust~
May 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
WHOA!!!! I had NO idea the pics were so big!! I'm sorry!

Elenna
May 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
1C, I think.

Teacherbear
May 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'd say 1b. This is come curve to your hair. It isn't straight, but it isn't forming waves (like from braiding). I think 1c tends to have more curves/lumps. :twocents:

Your hair is a very prety color, though! And can you tell me about the picture in the back ground of the first photo (to the left)? I had a dream about a scene similar to one of those paintings once. It was the most magnificent dream! I'm curious about artisits who paint that type of paintings.

Welcome to LHC!

chloeishere
May 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
I definitely don't think you are in the 2s. I'd say 1b/1c. But I'm not the best at hair typing!

Angellen
May 1st, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'm actually going with 1b, maybe 1c depending on how it grows out, but probably not more than that. In my experience, layers give the illusion of more bends/waves/what have you. This might be part of the confusion. :flower:

Saranne772
May 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
I would also go with 1b

aisling
May 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
As 1B isn't supposed to have any really visible waves, I'm guessing your hair might turn more into 1C as it grows. Right now it's really a bit too short and the layers make it hard to say anything for sure, your hair can get more wavy or straighter as it grows. Let's see what it looks like in a year :)

Melisande
May 2nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'd say 1b with potential for 1c.

(What a happy moment for me when I thought "1b, maybe 1c" to myself and then read the other comments! and hey, maybe I start to have an inkling about hair, too???)

Lovely hair!

rhosyn_du
May 2nd, 2008, 02:54 AM
I'd say 1b/1c. It's really hard to say which it's closer to with the layers.

Cloverleaf
May 2nd, 2008, 03:15 AM
I'm not fluent at hair-typing, but what a beautiful color and shine!

Juliet's Silk
May 2nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
As 1B isn't supposed to have any really visible waves, I'm guessing your hair might turn more into 1C as it grows. Right now it's really a bit too short and the layers make it hard to say anything for sure, your hair can get more wavy or straighter as it grows. Let's see what it looks like in a year :)

What aisling said. From first glance the second picture looks like a classy 1b because of the body wave (I actually had a picture of mine on Fia's visual hairtyping guide in the 1b section that looked exactly like that) but you have to keep in mind that your hair is brushed in this picture. That it still shows some wave is hinting at 1c. I tend to categorize the amount of waviness from 1b to 2a by the staying power of the waves - 2a waves are true waves, they stay even if you handled your hair, 1c hair will get quite straight through handling but will retain one or two body waves and 1b hair will just go straight, the body wave will mostly vanish.
In addition to that, 1b hair shouldn't have as many little waves sticking out of the hair like her first picture shows. 1b has only a body wave, not true S-waves.

~Lady Stardust~
May 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Thank y'all! I'm glad I asked just because I was almost positive that I was a 1c/2a.

I'd say 1b. This is come curve to your hair. It isn't straight, but it isn't forming waves (like from braiding). I think 1c tends to have more curves/lumps. :twocents:

Your hair is a very prety color, though! And can you tell me about the picture in the back ground of the first photo (to the left)? I had a dream about a scene similar to one of those paintings once. It was the most magnificent dream! I'm curious about artisits who paint that type of paintings.

Welcome to LHC!

What a wonderful dream that must have been! That picture is actually a picture I painted of David Bowie. I wish I could tell you the name of those type of paintings, but I don't know their name (I feel a bit silly for not knowing -especially since I painted a couple before!)

Poolsoflaughter
May 2nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
There's a little wave there, so I'd go with the majority and say 1B/1C as well.:shrug:

Teacherbear
May 2nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
What a wonderful dream that must have been! That picture is actually a picture I painted of David Bowie. I wish I could tell you the name of those type of paintings, but I don't know their name (I feel a bit silly for not knowing -especially since I painted a couple before!)

It was amazing! I was able to swim underwater without having to come up for air. Then, when I did, the water and mountains were blue and so was the sky. Even the moon was blue. I just floated on the water's surface. It was peaceful.

kwaniesiam
May 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Your hair looks a lot like mine, just thicker and longer. I'd say 1b/1c.

birdiefu
May 2nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
To get a true idea, you should wash and then air-dry with no manipulation. It's hard to see in your 1st pic, but it looks like 1c waves at the bottom. The 2nd pic I would call a 1b if that's how it looked *without* with 2nd day BBB'd hair. With that much manipulation I don't think we can give a very accurate typing- try posting freshly washed and not combed pics. You may be a 2a if your hair holds the waves that well over time.

nomadhome
May 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
I agree with just about everyone 1b/c. Sometimes layers provoke flip-y-ness that doesn't equal actual waves.