PDA

View Full Version : my hair has been 18" since I started here

HaiirPEACE
May 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
what gives?

=[

i'm so upset right now. i dont use heat or color, i comb my hair when its wet.
i only had one trim and that was the beginning of april or end of march and it was only 1/8 of an inch

i swear i thought i grew so i just measure and nothing

Tresses
May 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
You joined March 27th. It's only been just over a month. If hair grows an average of 1/2" per month, and you've had an 1/8" trim, what's left could make up for a measuring error; that 1/8" might have been a little more;you may have slower than average hair growth; or a combination of any of that.

Take a deeeeeep breath. You probably don't want to hear this, but growing long hair is an exercise in patience. :)

HaiirPEACE
May 1st, 2008, 10:22 PM
i just want long hair for my wedding next summer =[[[

once its a little longer than armpit length ill be happy for a little while

i think my growth is pretty average. im not trimming anymore i'm going to s&d

Fee
May 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
don't worry,my hair also grows slowly, you have to be patient and take good care of you hair (rhymes :D) and I'm sure you'll have long hair for your wedding!

Xanthippe
May 1st, 2008, 11:35 PM
Just think, in a year, if you don't trim and you have minimal breakage, then you'll get 6 more inches if your hair grows at the average rate. Wishing you patience and luck :flower:

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 11:47 PM
Deep breath!! The first couple of months are tough for everyone, I think, especially if you are new to the site. I know I spent hours and hours on here and then was frustrated with my hair for not growing as fast as I was researching :) It really does take time, but I'm sure your hair will be beautiful (and about 24 inches!) by the time your wedding roles around.

aisling
May 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
You joined March 27th. It's only been just over a month. If hair grows an average of 1/2" per month, and you've had an 1/8" trim, what's left could make up for a measuring error; that 1/8" might have been a little more;you may have slower than average hair growth; or a combination of any of that.

Take a deeeeeep breath. You probably don't want to hear this, but growing long hair is an exercise in patience. :)

That was exactly what I was going to say :) It's so easy to get an incorrect measurement, especially when you haven't done it before. Half an inch is easily eaten up by that and then you've also had a trim.

tiny_teesha
May 2nd, 2008, 12:52 AM
MN thread rings a bell, perhaps you measured wrong, my hair shrinks in 5 minutes when i measure because i do it wrong.

patience...

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
its only been a month, my hair stalls too and then i get great growth, hang in there one thing you can put money on is hair grows!

lora410
May 2nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Well it's only been a month and oyou may be a spurt grower like me. My hair wont grow for 3 months and then spit out 3-4 inches in 4 months and then stop again. Trust me your hair will porbably be alot longer by next summer :flower:

MsBubbles
May 2nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Hang in there, PEACE! I just found this site about a week ago and before that my hair was growing like a weed. It has stopped now. Of course it hasn't, it just seems like it to me because other people on here have the hair length I want and I want it NOW!

You have a long time til your Wedding, so just get on with other stuff and your hair'll appear to grow much faster.

I'm noticing huge parallels here with hair growth and jumping on the scales every day :D. I gave up weighing myself but I've replaced it with measuring my hair :rolleyes:

eadwine
May 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
*takes away measuring ribbon* You are doing what I was doing when I just started ;) Measuring insanely *giggles* Put it away and measure again in three months, you'll see you will have growth!

Also, if you have a camera, take pictures of the length. Even if the ribbon lies, the pictures will speak volumes. :)

lora410
May 2nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Hang in there, PEACE! I just found this site about a week ago and before that my hair was growing like a weed. It has stopped now. Of course it hasn't, it just seems like it to me because other people on here have the hair length I want and I want it NOW!

You have a long time til your Wedding, so just get on with other stuff and your hair'll appear to grow much faster.

I'm noticing huge parallels here with hair growth and jumping on the scales every day :D. I gave up weighing myself but I've replaced it with measuring my hair :rolleyes:

lmao mine was growing like a weed to until I joined here.:lol: It is our hair rebelling on us:luke:

squiggyflop
May 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
dont worry you only joined in march.. perhaps your hair is in a stall now or maybe you cut off your growth and your hair is just growing a little slower than usual. i had a stall during my time here when i was getting close to waist.. i ended up chopping back to BSL when i did finally hit waist because my hair was breaking off faster than it was growing because of damaged ends..

purplebubba
May 2nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Not all hair strands are growing at the same time.
Hair is constantly being shed to make way for new baby hairs so that means you always have shorter hairs.

So this means that you can still have lots of your hairs growing and getting longer but it's not always going to be the longest hairs. So just give it some time and the longer hairs will take their turn to grow.

Islandgrrl
May 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
I was discouraged too when I wasn't seeing the kind of growth I thought I should, and then I realized that every time I measure, I get a different darned number!!! Now I know my hair isn't shrinking back up inside my head, so it's obvious to me that my measuring skills are somewhat lacking. Perhaps it's the same with you?

Be patient. Wear your hair up and protect it. Take good care of it and pretty soon you'll notice that it's longer. I know mine is - I can see the difference, but I can't measure it so well :)

ImperfectBrat
May 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM

I'm in this group !! Once I started coming here, I swear my hair stopped growing but eventually came to realize that mine was just slow compared to others.

I too am getting ready for a wedding :smooch:

Anje
May 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Deep breaths. My hair usually grows according to the measuring tape, or according to my body, but very rarely by both. One month I'll swear it's significantly longer and the tape shows nothing, another month, the tape shows I've gained half an inch and I see nothing.

You thought you grew -- you probably did. The tape just doesn't believe it yet.

You'll definitely get some good growth by next year. Just try not to obsess over it (hard around here, I know!). Concentrate on babying your hair and making it feel good. It'll grow whether you do anything or not, but you want to keep the rest of your hair happy while it grows.

spidermom
May 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I never measure any more. Pictures tell me a lot more. Have a picture taken regularly, maybe once every 3 or 6 months; then you will see progress.

anna1850
May 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
When I clicked on this thread I assumed you probably had joined 3-6 months ago because that would be a significant amount of time to go without growing. 1 month isn't a big deal. It's so easy to mis-measure for a start. I've had months where the tape measure tells me my hair has shrunk!

Also, I know I went through stages of obsessive measuring. When I was in the mid-back abyss I was measuring it at least once a day, waiting for it to be waist. I don't know why I thought it would suddenly grow several inches overnight but I felt I had to measure it constantly. It's now pretty much at waist and I'm a lot more relaxed about it. I haven't even measured for about a month. So it will probably pass after a while.

You only need worry if
a) you're at the same length for like 6 months
b) you're at a length you've never been able to grow beyond.
c) you want really long hair and you treat it badly

so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It's true what they say about it teaching you patience.