PDA

View Full Version : Man with the world's longest hair is dead.

Hypnotica
March 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
http://thebeautybrains.com/2010/03/04/man-with-worlds-longest-hair-dies/

He had not cut his hair in more then 50 years. Quite impressing.

halo_tightens
March 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM
And an LHC shoutout at the end???

I'm not familiar with the beauty brains site... Is there a connection to this one, or do they just know about us because we're so awesome? :D

Kaijah
March 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
That's such crazy long hair! Very interesting. Had to have been quite a lot of work to put up.

Ha! That shout out is funny. I don't think they're actually connected to us in any "real" way, just in a hair/skin/beauty themed site type way.

Isadora Lewie
March 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
The Beauty Brains is a site run by cosmetic scientists, (some who work for major corporations) who like to offer anonymous advice on products, debunk beauty myths, and answer questions.

Its pretty good for getting the 'skinny' on ingredients and marketing spin.

:)

kwaniesiam
March 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Sad to see him go, he had an epic beaver tail of hair :(

spidermom
March 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know about the longest hair in the world thing. His shed hairs were matted up with the hairs growing from his head, so I think it was kind of cheating. Oh well; RIP.

Sweetness
March 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I wonder how they could measure his hair length, as they are interwoven together ?

nowxisxforever
March 4th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I wonder how they could measure his hair length, as they are interwoven together ?

Probably about the same way we would- the actual length of the dread he had goin' on, rather than the lengths of the individual hairs.

shadowclaw
March 4th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know about the longest hair in the world thing. His shed hairs were matted up with the hairs growing from his head, so I think it was kind of cheating. Oh well; RIP.

According to Guinness, Xie Qiuping of China, with about 18 and a half feet of hair, has the longest hair. I think there have been posts made about her before on the forums.

Perhaps it would be more fair to say he has the longest dreadlocked hair in the world? I highly doubt any of his hairs reach 23 feet, but to have that much hair hanging from his head is still an amazing feat! Oh, and according to WorldLongestHair.com (http://www.worldslongesthair.com/tvh.php), he was awaiting approval from Guinness to hold the new record for long hair. Perhaps they could create a new category for dreadlocked hair?

beez1717
March 4th, 2010, 11:37 PM
sigh... I wish I could have known he length of ONE strand of hair on his head. That would have been awesome. And what's even cooler is that he didn't have a terminal length :D

Messyhair
March 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
It's the end of an era...

I always thought it was strange that they didn't have a separate category for longest dred vs. longest free-flowing hair.

And so cool for the shout out!

JamieLeigh
March 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Wow. And it was only a few months ago (seems to me, anyway) that someone posted his pic here, which was the first time I'd ever seen or heard of him and his epic dread. :(

Nightshade
March 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM
:chuckles: I think we got a shout out because while we've had some things we differ on, like the Monistat thing, a lot of LHCers read Beauty Brains, and they concede that while our methods may be strange (like the Monistat thing) that we sure know how to grow long healthy hair.

aisling
March 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
sigh... I wish I could have known he length of ONE strand of hair on his head. That would have been awesome. And what's even cooler is that he didn't have a terminal length :D

How do you know that? It's impossible to say with all his hair dreaded up like that :p

Carolyn
March 6th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I think it's cool what the guy did with his hair and may he RIP. However I thought the "Ladies of the Long Hair Community, eat your hearts out" comment was quite strange to say the least. Eat my heart out? No I don't think so.

LadyLongLocks
March 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
RIP
Here is a V I D E O (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaYCPmFWKw) of him and his hair.
He seemed proud of his giant dread lock.
I cant imagine having to hold it up on his head like that.
I think he also had the worlds BIGGEST BUN!

Hypnotica
March 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I think it's cool what the guy did with his hair and may he RIP. However I thought the "Ladies of the Long Hair Community, eat your hearts out" comment was quite strange to say the least. Eat my heart out? No I don't think so.

I think it should be read tongue-in-cheek :)

Carolyn
March 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I think it should be read tongue-in-cheek :)Yes I assume so. It's hard to know what they meant. I'm one of those people who don't get satire and I seem to laugh at all the wrong times :p

SimplyViki
March 6th, 2010, 12:42 PM
How do you know that? It's impossible to say with all his hair dreaded up like that :p
I think she meant that he sort of circumvented a terminal length by growing dreads ("hah, terminal length? Doesn't apply to me!"). Of course, technically he does have a terminal length, but like you said, we have no way to say what it would be.

I thought the LHC comment was strange, too. It may be tongue-in-cheek, but I somehow missed the joke! :shrug:

Sissy
March 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM
According to Guinness, Xie Qiuping of China, with about 18 and a half feet of hair, has the longest hair. I think there have been posts made about her before on the forums.

Perhaps it would be more fair to say he has the longest dreadlocked hair in the world? I highly doubt any of his hairs reach 23 feet, but to have that much hair hanging from his head is still an amazing feat! Oh, and according to WorldLongestHair.com (http://www.worldslongesthair.com/tvh.php), he was awaiting approval from Guinness to hold the new record for long hair. Perhaps they could create a new category for dreadlocked hair?

yeah, a new category for dreadlocked hair would seem more appropriate. Well, it's sad that he died too of course.

Carolyn
March 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I thought the LHC comment was strange, too. It may be tongue-in-cheek, but I somehow missed the joke! :shrug:You said it better than I did :D

Cinnamon Hair
March 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I thought the LHC comment was strange, too. It may be tongue-in-cheek, but I somehow missed the joke! :shrug:

Yeah, not exactly my cup of tea. Good for him, but I won't be eating my heart out anytime soon.

Ladies of Beauty Brains: covet not! And also, that braid turned into a bracelet you're trying to sell is creepy. Eww.

Carrie Ingalls
March 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM
May he RIP

I would like to echo what others have said about the need for two separate categories. For several years now I have had to answer people who ask me (often sarcastically) if I am trying to go for the world record, and frankly, I have gotten tired of having to relate this gentleman's story. So, I am extremely glad to know that there really are people out their that see that there is a difference between dreads and combed out hair. I could go on...sorry, it has been a pet peeve for quite a while now :end rant:

xovictoryxo
March 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
wow!!
http://www.picarelli.com.br/novopc2/vietnam_cabelo6m.jpg

Qamar
March 11th, 2010, 01:03 AM
wow!!
http://www.picarelli.com.br/novopc2/vietnam_cabelo6m.jpg

Now THAT is some impressive hair. Its in India though, not Vietnam.