PDA

View Full Version : Little My (from Moomin) updo?

Konstifik
March 4th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hi all!

So, one of my favorite books/comics is the tales of Moomin, and my favorite character is Little My:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JPNxy8Jnyog/RlVLxXL0NcI/AAAAAAAAAFU/4aLI7xY-CSw/s320/lillamy.jpg

I'm going to try to dress up like her, just for fun. :D

But I don't know how to do her hair in the most merciful way for the hair as possible. I already have red hair, and it's BSL. A bit too long for the best way for this updo I guess.
Anyways, any experts on this? :D

habioku
March 4th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Maybe like a sock bun, but instead of one sock, use first a very little sock, then a bigger sock and than again a little sock, than pull you hair over all socks and fix the ends with a hair tie under the first sock. (hope you understand what I mean :o)

Roseate
March 4th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Just have to say I LOVE LITTLE MY! That is all.

I think any kind of tight, high bun would do, as long as you have the red dress and the scowl. Perhaps a bee-butt bun for pointiness. Pictures please! :)

kwaniesiam
March 4th, 2010, 03:17 PM
A bee butt bun would work great, or maybe a styrofoam cup with a hole cut in it and cover your hair with it?

emmabovary
March 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I love Little My too! Good luck with the dressing up, and yes, pictures please! :D

Teazel
March 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Little My's always been a role model for me. :lol: Love this description of her I found a few years back:

"A cheerful, cynical pragmatist with a sharp, dry sense of humour. She's stubborn and fearless and looks something like an angry tea cosy."

Yeah, I want to be Little My when I grow up. :D

Either of the above methods for reproducing her top-knot would work!

Konstifik
March 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM
What on earth is a beebutt bun? I googled it, but no satisfying results. Nothing in the articles either *confused* :o

And thanks for the support! If I get a good hairstyle, I'll continue with the project. A red coat is next :D

Teazel
March 8th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Here's a link to instructions: Bee Butt bun (http://100-hairstyles.freidenkerin.de/index.php?/archives/4-3-Bee-Butt-Bun-Bienenpopo.html). :)

SolSara
March 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I was just going to suggest bee butt bun. If needed, some spray is ok for one day. :) My friend was Little My last summer, and did the bee butt bun with waistlong hair, scrunchies and a lot of spray. There are alcohol-free gels you can use if you want to be really kind to your hair. :)