PDA

View Full Version : Question about cowlicks

Darkhorse1
March 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
I"m asking this for a friend's sake.
A good friend of mine has very fine hair, and it's curly (naturally),but also, she has cow licks everywhere.

Has anyone successfully grown hair out long with cow licks everywhere? I have 2, and it's a good thing I keep my bangs short because of them.

Also, is there a short hair website? My friend was asking me as she keeps her hair very short, but loves to look at different styles.

I hope it's ok I ask these :D

kjirstiben
March 4th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I have a couple cowlicks--one right in my hairline and one at the back of my head. And curly hair, too... And it's quite successful as long hair--if anything, I have more trouble when I cut it shorter. (Bangs/fringe can be troublesome, too.)

I do find that now and then I have a day when the cowlick at the back of my head absolutely insists on being lumpy... on those days I have to wear my hair up in a bun that covers the lump, because there is no way to make it give up!

rogue_psyche
March 4th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I have a few cowlicks. I have one in my bangs region which hairdressers have a hard time working with. I've found that it is possible to have side sweeping bangs that cooperate without heat, but I had to have them cut in way to compliment the cowlick rather than fight it.

Since your friend is curly, I'd recommend that she gets her next cut at a salon that specializes in curly hair. They would be able to work with her curls and cowlicks, rather than against them.

Arctic
March 4th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I think cowlicks might be part of the curl/wave pattern.

JamieLeigh
March 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM
My mother does, she has one at her widow's peak, and one behind each ear, and one at the crown of her head in the back. It really looked a lot better long, too, because her hair is sort of thin (but it is also way over-processed and fried), and you can see her scalp in the areas around the cowlick. :/

I have one at my widow's peak in the front and it REALLY irritates me, because I love the sideswept bangs. That would have been the only major chop job I'd ever have considered on my hair. :(

duckish
March 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Ha ha, the reason I keep my hair so long is to weigh down my cowlicks so nobody notices them! Works pretty well. :D