PDA

View Full Version : another hair-type picture

buttons
May 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
I know, I know. There are a ton of these posts lately, but I truly suck at hair-typing.

(Ignore the PJ-hoodie :))
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2861/may12008ld1.jpg

Sorry the picture's not so great. The digital camera broke and until I can get a new one, it's blurry cell phone pictures for me. Eek, two-toned hair. You can totally see the line between my natural roots and the years of dyed hair that faded to a reddish, brownish, blondish thing. Can't wait for virgin :(

Please and thank you:flower:

GlennaGirl
May 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
I don' t know, but there's no way you're a 1a. :) You may be a 1c or a 2a but you may have to wait for your hair to get longer to see what the waves do.

Xanthippe
May 1st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I can't really tell yet. At least 1c/2a I think. Possibly a 2b. Have you brushed or combed your hair in this picture? You should let it airdry with minimal manipulation for a hair typing pic. :flower:

buttons
May 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
I don' t know, but there's no way you're a 1a. :) You may be a 1c or a 2a but you may have to wait for your hair to get longer to see what the waves do.

:o I put that because I really had no idea what to put.
My hair is always changing, I can't keep up. When it was virgin and almost waist (in 2004, LOL) it was stick straight. This was before I really cared about my hair, and after I cut it into a layered thing it started waving so I started flat-ironing. Then when I started dying it, it started waving AND frizzing like crazy. Hence the 9" cut to remove all that crap, on top of the numerous cuts I'd been doing before that to cut off damage (and it's still not gone :mad:)
Now it's fairly straight except for the flippy ends :shrug:

mommy2one05
May 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I am not very good at the hair typing either but I would say you are definately in the 1 category.

buttons
May 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I can't really tell yet. At least 1c/2a I think. Possibly a 2b. Have you brushed or combed your hair in this picture? You should let it airdry with minimal manipulation for a hair typing pic. :flower:

I let it airdry completely and then I combed it through. Is that bad? :o

Xanthippe
May 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM
I let it airdry completely and then I combed it through. Is that bad? :o

That's okay! :) I think I see some more wave that wants to come out though :wink:

buttons
May 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
That's okay! :) I think I see some more wave that wants to come out though :wink:

Then I think next wash (Sunday) I'll let it dry without the comb-through after, and I'll post a picture of it au natural ;)

tiny_teesha
May 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Yeh i think you could be 2b when you get there, but hair changed all the time, when it is longer it weighs it down and it doesn't curl so much, but people with thin ends for ringlets...it all depends!

Alaskanheart
May 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
I cant tell if your hair is curling up , or if the hoodie is pushing your hair up at the bottom.If the bottom isnt naturally curling up, but drying like that because of the hoodie, then I would say 1a-1b. If that curl happens even when a hoodie isnt pushing it up, and your not air drying in the hoodie, Id say 1c, it doesnt look like you have waves throughout your hair (or just hard to see in pic), and that was one thing someone told me would put you into the 2 catagory, also I was told that if you still have wave by day 2-3 after wash your in the 2 catagory.Maybe when it gets longer it will be easier to determine how much wave you really have.Hope that makes sense, Im terrible at hairtyping too, especially on my own hair.

buttons
May 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
I cant tell if your hair is curling up , or if the hoodie is pushing your hair up at the bottom.If the bottom isnt naturally curling up, but drying like that because of the hoodie, then I would say 1a-1b. If that curl happens even when a hoodie isnt pushing it up, and your not air drying in the hoodie, Id say 1c, it doesnt look like you have waves throughout your hair (or just hard to see in pic), and that was one thing someone told me would put you into the 2 catagory, also I was told that if you still have wave by day 2-3 after wash your in the 2 catagory.Maybe when it gets longer it will be easier to determine how much wave you really have.Hope that makes sense, Im terrible at hairtyping too, especially on my own hair.

Well if the wave thing is true, then I guess I'm in the 2's because I didn't airdry in that hoodie (just put it on cause I got chilly.) And my hair is usually straight till it hits the shoulders.
This is hard :undecided

thank you :flower:

Alaskanheart
May 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Will just have to wait and see. Your hair is so nice and thick looking.

savi
May 2nd, 2008, 05:30 AM
Mine was pretty much idetical to yours when I was at that lenght. Washed and combed through, offcourse. So we'll wait and see what you're growing in there. ;)

Anje
May 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm going to claim you're at about 1b to 1c for now. You might have significantly more wave than this, but it's hard to tell at shoulder length because the shoulders can cause end flip as much or more than waves can. (That and you combed it.) Ultimately, I think you'll have to just pick a designation and revisit it in a few months when your hair is more like APL. Wave patterns should be more pronounced by that point, if they're going to appear.

buttons
May 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Will just have to wait and see. Your hair is so nice and thick looking.

aw thank you! my first LHC hair compliment :flower:

Tangles
May 2nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
You look like me and I'm a 2a. You definitely look like a 1c/2a not only because of the flip but because of what I can see of your overall texture. Yeah, your hair is fairly straight, but it's a loose kind of straight, if that makes sense.

We'll probably reach APL (our first milestone, yay!) by this fall at the latest. I cannot wait... I seriously do not look good with this shoulder length hair. It makes my face look LONGER than when my hair is super long. go figure.

Euphony
May 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'd say about a 1b, possibly 1c. It's not stick straight like a 1a but pretty close. The ends are flipping up due to the length I bet, since you are at the stage that it happens from your shoulders etc. You'll get past that flippy stage soon and be able to tell better.

buttons
May 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'd say about a 1b, possibly 1c. It's not stick straight like a 1a but pretty close. The ends are flipping up due to the length I bet, since you are at the stage that it happens from your shoulders etc. You'll get past that flippy stage soon and be able to tell better.

Eh the flippy thing kind of bugs me. Before I was thinking 1b but after the cut I can't really tell, because my hair usually starts waving after shoulder length and that's where it's at right now.

spidermom
May 2nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
I am about as positive as I can be that you are in the 1 category, probably 1B.

birdiefu
May 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
At this point I would say you are in the 1b or 1c area. But with more length, you might be in the 2's. I'm a 2a and when I had a bob I was more of a 1b. My waves don't really start till somewhere just above shoulder. You may be the same. Oh, and I love your natural color.

nomadhome
May 2nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
I'd go with 1b or c for now and then you can always revise later.