PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary and a Question (Pic Heavy)

mellie89
March 3rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
To sum up my year:
- Gained 7"
- Trimmed 3"
- Cut out heat appliances
- Began using cassia and coconut oil

Before: Fried mess, barely longer than chin.

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3968&pictureid=65669

And after: Much softer and healthier, and just about APL, even with plenty of trims.

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3968&pictureid=65671

I got rid of a ton of damage, so 2010 will be the year of microtrims and S&D. I want to see BSL by Christmas!

My ultimate goal is virgin waist. It's going to be a long road, since right now I only have about 8" of virgin roots, so I'm going to just relax and enjoy the journey.

Now, my question. I have a lot of thin spots around my hairline, which I believe is a product of going off birth control in October. However, I do have some new growth coming in.

Exhibit A:

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3969&pictureid=65668

The other side looks similar.

Any tips on how to speed up the new growth and fill in my hairline? I'd like to try castor oil, just putting it on selectively to avoid potential darkening. Any input would be appreciated!

I love LHC, thank you for all the wonderful advice! It's been a great year for my hair!

mellie
March 3rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Another Mellie! :waving:

Happy Anniversary! And sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. But I think your hair looks beautiful!

rach
March 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
your hairline is very similar to what happened shortly after my youngest child. sadly it just takes patience and an annoying praise with your hair.
dab of water and a BBB will make things much easier for time to pass.

your natral colour in the third picture is lovely ...... :crush:

OhioLisa
March 3rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
My hair is thinner at the temples. Always has been, most likely always will be. No advice other than not letting it get too oily. Going too long between washes means oily scalp which really exaggerates the "thinner" areas.

GoddesJourney
March 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Find what else makes you shed and stop doing it. It seems like your hair grows pretty fast. I would saw that other than making sure you're getting all the right nutrition, just don't be too hard on it and it will be filled in before you know it. Mine is filling in too. I layed off the sulfates, cones, etc, because they make me shed more. Everyone has at least one thing that makes them shed and a lot of people don't know what it is yet.

mellie89
March 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone! :)

It is definitely filling in, so I will just be patient and continue to baby it.

Hana
March 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
god, i wish i knew what it was that makes me shed. grrr.

in other news, your hair looks lovely, some impressive growth! :D

LadyJennifer
March 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
I she pretty badly after both my kids were born. with my daughter it took months to grow back in, with my son it's grown in already! (he's nearly 8 months and I stopped losing at around 5 months). I did a lot of stimulating treatments, like; olive oil and rosemary EO rubbed into scalp and let sit for an hour or more.

patience
March 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

Wicket
March 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Another Mellie!

Happy Anniversary! And sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. But I think your hair looks beautiful!

I don't mean to be off topic... but I love your hair!!!

paper
March 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Nice progress, you hair looks really pretty! Good luck with your goals!

Dark Rosaleen
March 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
You have really pretty hair.

templeofvenus
March 4th, 2010, 02:31 AM
my hair is always like that at the temples I find keeping a fring helps to hide that bit1 I have very fine hair though it has always been like that since I was young. Great growing by the way it looks lovely, keep it up! :)

JamieLeigh
March 5th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I don't have an answer to your question either, but I wanted to say congrats on your anniversary! That's some beautiful hair, and awesome progress! :cheese: :flower: