PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! Hair-wash time!

Tutti_Frutti
March 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm always glad when it's time to wash my hair again, because I know the next day it'll look clean and soft. And ofcourse the nice smell of my shampoo and conditioner. :cheer:

Does anyone else feel like this too?

Zombiekins
March 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM
lol, yes! I used to get flustered with hair wash time, but now that it only rolls around once a week, it's slightly more excitable. Plus, I know my hair will be nice for at least three days afterward (if I play my cards right).

It's hard, though, having wash day once a week when you've got pumpkin shampoo and conditioner sitting in the shower. That stuff smells amazing! I've gotten the boy to use it every day now so I can at least smell it on him. :P

EqLady
March 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm always glad when it's time to wash my hair again, because I know the next day it'll look clean and soft. And ofcourse the nice smell of my shampoo and conditioner. :cheer:

Does anyone else feel like this too?

hmmm...not yet. I'm still figuring out my routine and I find wash time a bit stressful. But I agree--it is nice to have that great feeling of clean, smooth, conditioned hair.

cmnt831
March 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm the same way.:) I love the scent of my Giovanni conditioner and (though I'm probably in the minority here) I love the scent of my soapnuts liquid that I wash my hair with. It smells so comforting to me. Luckily, I can smell the scent in my hair for a day or two after washing. I only get to wash it twice a week, though.

Tutti_Frutti
March 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
lol, yes! I used to get flustered with hair wash time, but now that it only rolls around once a week, it's slightly more excitable.

I used to wash it every other day, but now i'm stretching it to 2 times a week so wash day is my favorite day. By the way, we won't get used to the delicious scent of the shampoo and conditioner anymore. :love:

Carolyn
March 3rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
I love clean fresh hair so I try not to get hung up on certainly days to wash. If I've gotten some new products it's very unlikely that I'd wait to wash my hair with them. I could probably stretch out washing to twice a week now but I don't see the point when I like clean first day hair so much. I love my scented products and enjoy indulging in a little hair sniffing. My own of course! :D

Felix_D
March 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm off sick today from work, so I mixed up some castor oil and conditioner, left it on my scalp (for the entire length of The Devil Wears Prada... swoon, Simon Baker), and shampooed it out. So lovely! Actually, a bit dry. Tomorrow it will be nicer.

Rivanariko
March 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
I only wash once a week, and my hair is definitely best on day 2 and 3. Since starting catnip, the niceness has started to stretch to days 4 and 5, but by the end of the week it's starting to feel kind of greasy. I'm usually pretty excited to wash at this point, and I love the scrubby foamy feeling of my shampoo. I do a hybrid wash with Aussie products, then use catnip tea as my final conditioner. I love the smell of the catnip, even if my roommate does give me strange looks for putting it in my hair!

*Rose Red*
March 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Haha, a few minutes ago I thought about putting something like this as my status at facebook!
Yes, I really love, I wash my hair twice a week, and I´m always happy when I wash my hair! It makes me feel completely refreshed, I love my shampoos and the warm water on my skin.

venividibxtchy
March 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Same here. I can only stretch my washings about 3-4 days, before I just feel disgusting and can't wait to wash it.

I have a bit of a shampoo ******, and have what my Husband calls a "shampoo garden". Haha-

What can I say? I like all of the different smells and textures and such.

Hana
March 3rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm baby. i love it. massage of the scalp when washing, the ridiculously silky feel of washing out the conditioner - and, when it dries, it never dries the same way twice. always a gamble.
also, when my head is clean, the rest of me feels clean.
if i only have a shower and dont wash my hair (if it needs it), i still feel unclean. very weird.

merryhair
March 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
I love to wash my hair I just like the fresh feeling of my scalp and of course the smell of my shampoo. I wash like every 5 days(with scalp washes in between, Thanks Amoretti) or so...can't stretch it to a week.:(

Centelleo
March 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
I never minded wash day before but ever since I switched over to a mostly natural routine (e.g. no sulfates, cones, mineral oil/petroleum-based products), it's become quite a chore. I've been lucky since the weather has been so cold that I can wash every 6-7 days but once the Texas heat cranks up, I'll have to adjust my routine so I can have the time to wash every 3-4 days.

It's only going to get worse the longer I grow my hair!! Maybe it's time to re-evaluate my goal length of BSL... @_@

catysue
March 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yes.... I looooooooooooove wash day :) I oiled my hair last night and washed it out this morning, I am having an AWESOME hair day! It's so shiny and soft :) I actually took some pictures out in my car in the sunlight because it was SO SHINY... and y'all know when henna shines it looks like fi-yahhhhh! I won't post them on the thread but they're in my 'Hair' album if you want to see them :)

I try to stretch washes out as long as I can, but it's hard because I've started working out a lot and my hair gets so sweaty and gross. Usually I can go 2-3 days.

Magicknthenight
March 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
also, when my head is clean, the rest of me feels clean.
if i only have a shower and dont wash my hair (if it needs it), i still feel unclean. very weird.
Same here...i guess maybe the oil from my hair gets on my face?:confused: No clue.
Their is really no comparison to washing my hair though! I love it. Ok i don't always like how long it takes to dry in winter. Or how heavy it is when wet when i put it up because i have to go out. e_e
But yes...i look forward to that awesome clean feeling! I started keep track of when i wash my hair in November. I never would have thought...but i wash my hair around every 4 days. That's when it starts needing it. Sometimes i can strech to 5 and sometimes i wash it early at 3.
I love being able to touch my scalp when its clean and run my fingers through it and the smells of my favorite conditioners!
Every once in a while I'll find myself wanting to wash it too much just because i enjoy it being so clean:p...like every other day. But that makes me feel bad -_- since its kinda unnecessary and all.
Theirs something about watchin the shampoo rinse all the passed few days worth of dirty hair down the drain.
Heh.:D

CaityBear
March 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I actually do quite enjoy washing my hair sometimes. haha

TXbarbie
March 3rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
I found the BEST smelling conditioner and now I love CO'ing so much :) Since I wash my hair every other day, I get to have the smell lingering in my hair more often than other LHC'ers... but I definitely wish that I could wash it daily!

CavyQueen
March 3rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
YES!!!!! I love hair wash days! It takes me forever to decide whether I should CO, CWC, shampoo and condition, use a moisturizing mask, or a protein mask, cones or no cones, all natural, herbal, etc. Then once I've decided what I'm going to do, picking out which products to use takes even longer, lol! My friends think I'm crazy to spend such time and care on my hair, but they are not long hairs. But, I say how great is it that we get such happiness out of a simple pleasure such as a shower! :)

rogue_psyche
March 4th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Sometimes I fantasize about wash day. :lol: I like how soft and manageable my hair is on wash day. I love the smell of my shampoo. :crush:

Das Siechtum
March 4th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I love was day too! :-) The fresh feeling is just soooo relaxing. :-)

Milui Elenath
March 4th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I have a love hate relationship with wash day. I love the clean soft feeling but I hate wet hair so much, particularly in winter.

I only wash once a week, (I could go longer) its got to be a day where I don't have to go out so I can sit in the sun to keep warm. I am seriously a sook about as I live in a temperate/subtropical area.:p

Fethenwen
March 4th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Wash day :cloud9:

I love experimenting with all kinds of different washes, so it's always exciting to see the result. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding on what to use: organic shampoo, cone shampoo, WO, herbal wash... :p? Today I used my coney shampoo again, it gives such nice result after I have been WO'ing for a while. Followed with a little coconut oil.

Tutti_Frutti
March 4th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I have a love hate relationship with wash day.

Yes, me too! But in a different way. I like the clean feeling but when my hair dries it's so frizzy, but 1 or 2 days after a wash it feels better.

*Rose Red*
March 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Tomorrow is time for a hair wash and I´m thinking now about the shampoo and conditioner that I will use...

adiapalic
March 6th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Heck yeah! I felt that way yesterday. I like washing my hair, letting it mostly dry and then braiding before bed. The next day, I unbraid and my hair is so soft, with lots of moisture and it smells so fresh and nice. :bluebiggr

lhangel9
March 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Same here. I can only stretch my washings about 3-4 days, before I just feel disgusting and can't wait to wash it.

I have a bit of a shampoo ******, and have what my Husband calls a "shampoo garden". Haha-

What can I say? I like all of the different smells and textures and such.

Me too.

My DH says I should sell some of my products eventhough I'm a CO & WO person now.

I love the different smells of my conditioners and how clean they make my hair feel. I can't wait for wash days. I usually wash every 2-3 days. Ooooh I just love it, especially when the warm water runs through my hair.

Multiruus
March 6th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I wash my hair every sunday. It took half year to stretch it from 3 days to week but now it doesnt really look unclean even on the washing days. My hair is so dry :( The following day of the wash is the worst :D My hair is just all tousled then.

Hay22
March 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I have slowly developed a love-hate relationship with hairwashing. The longer it gets, the more tangly washing makes it, and tangles equal more hassle/pain during the combing afterward. I'm so tenderheaded! But I do love the feeling and smell of clean hair. I'm hoping to eventually like it more and not dread it.

StrongWall
March 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM
yes, i love the smell and texture i get afterwards
but it's such a pian sometimes

brunette
March 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I love my Indian herb washes when I have time to enjoy them, however sometimes it can be such a chore if I'm in a rush. It can even get left and then I have to contend with greasy roots. At least herbs cured me of the flakies I used to get with conventional products.
My daughter's favourite shampoo and conditioner smell so chemical even after rinsing. I much prefer my stuff :)

Capybara
March 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I love washing my hair, but do not want to wash it every day just for the sake of washing it, or getting that just-washed feeling. I didn't enjoy washing my hair when I S/C'ed every day, because it was just a "normal, daily occurrence." Now that it's something to look forward to, though, I love it!

curlylocks85
March 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I sure do. I love the way my hair feels after I have washed it. My hair is soft and feels amazing. I love how my hair smells sweat.

There is nothing like freshly washed hair. :)

*Rose Red*
March 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Tomorrow is time for a hair wash and I start now thinking about how I will do it...