PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Texas

super_pudding
May 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Superpudding; an 18 year old college student who's wanted long hair for pretty much my whole life. When I was about 5 my hair was down to just above waist length and well....my parents being the joykills that they are decided to chop my hair off to a boy cut :/ To this day I automatically dislike any haircut that short.
And so now I am trying to defy the odds of growing my hair long. It's currently just below shoulder lenth (forgive me for not knowing all of the abbreviations yet) but considerably thin for what it should be. Its also suprisingly healthy besides being thin and growing a bit slow.
Anyhoo, I believe I've written a bit too much :D but I look forward to coming here when I need help. Thanks :)

~Lady Stardust~
May 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hey, softpudding! I'm from Texas too and also a newbie! I know what you mean about getting a short hair cut and then trying to grow it out again..when I was 14 I got a long pixie and ever since I'm so scared of cutting my hair shorter. Whenever I vow to grow it long though, I always get scissor happy and decide to cut a few inches off. Hopefully, now I'll learn to treat my hair better and I can grow it down the middle of my back- I don't really know the terms for lengths either :shrug:

PseudoScot
May 1st, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hi there! Welcome to LHC. You have a fun, whimsical user name, cool!

One thing that is really great here is all the support and fun. Long hair is a great journey of fun and experimentation and I'm sure you'll love it here!

Welcome to the boards!

ETA [Edited to Add] - Don't think all short hair is something to be disliked! You'll see lots of different styles, types, thicknesses here and I'm sure you'll find something to like about even short hair one day. ;-)

~Lady Stardust~
May 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
Ok...for some odd reason I read superpudding as softpudding! I need to learn to pay attention more! :D

Teacherbear
May 1st, 2008, 11:21 PM
Howdy Super Pudding and Lady Stardust! :waving: Have you found the Texas Social group yet? You might check in!

jera
May 2nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hi super pudding,

I feel for you having parents who always wanted to cut off your long hair, and actually did it. My mom was the same with me, forcing me to get little boy type haircuts.:( I absolutely hated it.

Welcome to the boards and I hope to hear more from you at the forum. There's always lots of interesting chat going on there. :)

~Lady Stardust~
May 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Howdy Super Pudding and Lady Stardust! :waving: Have you found the Texas Social group yet? You might check in!

Hi! I feel a little dumb for asking this, but I didn't know that there were groups?

super_pudding
May 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hi! I feel a little dumb for asking this, but I didn't know that there were groups?
I second that question >_<

wintersun99
May 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
click on quicklinks (up there on the toolbar) and about halfway down the drop-menu you'll see social groups ... click on that and it will take you to the bajillion groups that have been created...

Cheers

Curlyredhead
May 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Welcome super_pudding!

There's tons to read here, huh?
I'm new myself..I do more reading than anything else.
Welcome aboard!

Curlyredhead
May 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
click on quicklinks (up there on the toolbar) and about halfway down the drop-menu you'll see social groups ... click on that and it will take you to the bajillion groups that have been created...

Cheers

Excuse me if I appear to be dense, I looked in the quicklinks drop down menu, I don't have social groups listed.
Is there another way to find the groups?

Thanks

wintersun99
May 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
oops - I guess you have to have 25+ posts to see the social groups... see link below... :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1658

Curlyredhead
May 2nd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you!
Looks like I need to start posting!