PDA

View Full Version : Self-trim trouble - I keep getting a straight hemline

Ninika
March 3rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
My hair is mid-butt right now, and I've successfully used Feye's self trim method for the last couple of years. My ideal hemline is a deep U-shape, but today I seem to have trouble achieving it.

Tilting my head forward should in theory make the hair in front hang down further than the rest, so if I trim the ends off straight I should have a deep U-shape (or even a V-shape) when I flip my hair back, right? For some reason I keep ending up with a more or less straight hemline today :confused:.

This is so weird, because only a few weeks back I had a self trim work just fine, and I'm beginning to suspect I MUST have done something different.

Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated...:flowers:

FrannyG
March 3rd, 2010, 04:01 AM
If you're leaning your head forward, but it's not making a deep U, then you are not cutting enough hair off. You want to get the amount from the front of your head to be even with the shortest hair pulled forward, which would be the back middle of your hair. That would give you a deep V.

Then make a ponytail and snip off the tip of the V. Leaning your head forward makes a pretty deep U though, so be prepared for that.

You might want to try it looking straight ahead first.

The biggest secret is cutting all of your hair when pulled forward to the same length, otherwise you'll have a straight hem, with only slightly U'd sides.