PDA

View Full Version : Who is your motivator in LHC?

cardamom
March 2nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
Here in LHC,we have the most dedicated folks who inspire you with the story of their locks!
A hard question, whose hair journey was most motivating to you and why?

well,for me,my role models are-

1.Spidermom-i never thought it would be possible to prevent shedding of hair at her age.she is growing!"100% LHC grown"boosts my confidence like anything!

2.Elarea- Her thread -"My hair with Henna, 2 years later (photos)" kept me awake till midnight dreaming of my hair after 2 years!

there are many more,but Spidermom and Elarea head my list....:)

Qadupae
March 2nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
Yay for rolemodels! In reality, everyone on this site is a role model for me, but the three biggies for me are:

TorrinPaige for posting the most awesome tutorials on YouTube which I watch often at work to keep me motivated that I will be able to do more than clips when my hair gets long again.

Melrose1985 because her hair seems kind of like mine and it keeps me going when I think I can't make it to shoulder soon enough, which is still a long ways off.

Aer for just being a very supportive and caring person ^_^ I may not know you too well, but that's the vibe you give off for me and it makes the world a better place for it :cheese:

Thanks Torrin and Melrose!

cardamom
March 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
i am a new member...would love to see your role models' posts!:)

Gumball
March 2nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
I remember a "role model" thread that got out of hand, people feeling excluded, etc.

I'm going with everyone who is on the hair journey alongside us! We're all unique in our own great, admirable way! :D

cardamom
March 2nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=Gumball;997401]I remember a "role model" thread that got out of hand, people feeling excluded, etc.

Really?thats sad!as you said everyone is unique!:)

This is not a role model thread basically.i felt motivated when Elarea showed her lustrous locks which was earlier a ball of fried frizz(as she says).it was truly inspiring!it tells that the road is shorter than you think.:D

as for Spidermom, her signature itself is self explanatory.just 55 months...and you have a blessed head!!!:cheese:

AGAIN,it is a note of thanks to people who stop in to give valuable advices and send positive vibes with their success journey(not necessarily the best hair in LHC)!:)

happy growing!

elina333
March 3rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
My main inspiration is LadyLongLocks. Not just because of her length (to be honest, I dont think I couldnt handle hair of that caliber :D) but also due to her lovely blond shade! A lot of people on here are either brunettes or redheads and to see a woman with such LONG and BLONDE hair truly inspires me. Yes, everybody on here are amazing! And she is my personal inspiration.

contradiction
March 3rd, 2010, 12:15 AM
The people here who inspire me the most are Igor, AquaViolet1973, DavidN, Gladtobemom and Neoma.

Cherry_Sprinkle
March 3rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
Nightshade :crush:

jera
March 3rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Aisha, back when she was here. I learned a lot about Indian herbs from her and her hair was just heavenly. :)

Spidermom is a constant inspiration and so helpful if you've got a problem or a question.

Cinnamonhair has the length I'm currently aspiring too and I hope I get there and have hair half as awesome as hers. :p

Honestly, I find everyone's hair here an inspiration. Even the guys have great hair. Look at Gumball and ShadowWalker. This whole site is overflowing with inspiration IMHO. :D

FrannyG
March 3rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
I am motivated by every single member here.

The shorter haired people motivate me, because I remember being there, and see where I am now and I love watching their progress. It never fails to inspire

The people with longer hair, even if only by an inch, motivate me to remember that I'll be there in a month or two.

The people with really long hair motivate me to keep growing for as long as my hair will allow.

redneckprincess
March 3rd, 2010, 05:06 AM
Marsara has a lovely, (almost) monthly photo album from very short hair that keeps me motivated

although there are many others who keep me motivated and keep me reassured that someday I too will have LONG hair

some of those include members with even shorter hair then myself sometimes, or around the same length

cardamom
March 3rd, 2010, 06:05 AM
very true red neckprincess,sometimes shorties really keep you going!(i call myself a shortie:p)

The shorter haired people motivate me, because I remember being there, and see where I am now and I love watching their progress. It never fails to inspire

The people with longer hair, even if only by an inch, motivate me to remember that I'll be there in a month or two.

The people with really long hair motivate me to keep growing for as long as my hair will allow.
FrannyG, your hair care site is wonderful!:)

Lacus Autumni
March 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
I'm inspired by the people here who are so dedicated to healthy hair growth, and who help others on this site - whether it's just a compliment on hair, or a conversation about something else entirely. Just knowing there are like-minded people around, even on a website, that are willing to chat about hair-related or other issues, or even to have a light-hearted thread like the nails and nail polish one, is a great thing. :) I haven't been back long enough yet to develop any hair role-models, but I would say anyone who treats their hair well, which is most everyone on this site, is my role model for hair. :p

Xandergrammy
March 3rd, 2010, 06:14 AM
Like FrannyG said, just about every member here has inspired me in some way, but I have to say that Silverlocks was the most inspirational of all. Her profile pic of 4 years ago made me decide to stop coloring my hair. I wanted beautiful, long, silver hair like hers! :crush:

Katrina
March 3rd, 2010, 06:29 AM

Me too, LHC really is full of inspiration :)

Just to name some of my biggest motivators: LadyLongLocks, JamieLeigh, Sissy, Cinnamon Hair, Torrin Paige, Spidermom, Aisha, Eniratak, Eresh, shellybean, akka naeda, lynnala, SurprisingWoman, Xandergrammy, teela1978, mira-chan, GuinevereMay, Melisande, Angela Rose, thunderlilies, eternallyverdan and ericthegreat.

myotislucifugus
March 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Cinnamon Hair, for showing that it's possible to work out of see through hair

Spidermom, for the gorgeous silver locks I hope I have someday

FrannyG
March 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
FrannyG, your hair care site is wonderful!:)

Thank you so much, Cardamom. :blossom:

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
Aww, thanks Katrina! :flowers:

Just logging onto this site is motivation enough. I couldn't even begin to list all the many heads of hair and the many growth stories that have motivated me. Everyone's journey is unique and I take something different from each one. :)

Feng-Shui
March 3rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
First as I LHC found it was Celuriel.:flower:

Come to some time in addition the largest inspiration for me Dulci, CinnamonHair, AprilElf, Amoretti, Eresh, Nicolezoie. :flowers:

Many different also still, but I can not all names remember.:)

I prefer models with similar hair color and similar type of hair as I.

Thus I can see my hair goals very realistic before me.

Which I can still reach and which not?

But I love it also pictures of other hair types to regard.:love:

little_cherry
March 3rd, 2010, 10:33 AM
When I first arrived here, I was totally overwhelmed...I couldn't do much with my shoulder length hair....that is, until I met Dreams_in_Pink, a fellow shoulder lengther! She inspired me to be more creative with my hair! Thank you! :blossom:

Many other people have been an inspiration to me... Mellie (to appreciate my silvers more and not freak out every time I have silver roots), Ktani (such wonderful informative posts..you helped my find my experimentation streak!), HennaSooq (henna..I've learned so much from you), and many others. I'm sorry if I've missed anyone. You're all an inspiration to me! <3

Actually, ever since joining LHC, I've completely changed my lifestyle! Everyone has inspired me to be more aware of what's going into my body! Love you all! :blossom:

cardamom
March 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
Marsara has a lovely, (almost) monthly photo album from very short hair that keeps me motivated

although there are many others who keep me motivated and keep me reassured that someday I too will have LONG hair

some of those include members with even shorter hair then myself sometimes, or around the same length

i cannot find marsara!:confused:

countryhopper
March 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I'm going strictly off avatar pics, since they're the ones I see the most often :)

Teazel and AprilElf and someone else I KNOW I'm missing.........! I love looking at complicated woven styles.

And there are many others that give such good advice and motivation, but I'm new here and bad with names :D

Phalaenopsis
March 4th, 2010, 06:02 AM

I believe it's Masara. Without the R :)

cardamom
March 4th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I believe it's Masara. Without the R :)

thanks phalaenopsis!

hanne jensen
March 4th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Nightshade's article on growing out damaged hair. She made me realized that it is possible without the big chop.

Elarea's post, 2 years with henna. It inspired me to try henna for the health benefits. I got gorgeous titian red hair!

Spidermom for her gentle wisdom and her ecclectic knowledge. I literally owe my health to her and she has my eternal gratitude.

redneckprincess
March 4th, 2010, 06:26 AM
yep sorry take out the first R...

angelthadiva
March 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I don't have one person; it is more like a posse of people. I'm transitioning from coloring; going dye free baby and embracing my silvers. So the Renegray Gang motivates me in that area.

I'm also doing the updo challenge, 800 days + and growing strong!! Izzie is my ace boon coon there since we are on the same day count.

But there is a lot of motivation here (for me) for many different reasons :)

cardamom
March 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I am adding Cinnamon hair and Nightshade.:cheese:
I found their posts very informative and unique.
I learnt from them that the journey from thin/damaged to gorgeous hair is TLC.

justgreen
March 4th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Mine were and still are: Elyce, Morticia, Elle, Carolyn, Flaxen, Harpgal, and on the men's side jtl45 and Jason.

natt i nord
March 5th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Igor because she shows that growing hair out can be a wonderful story (and I love her hair), Nightshade as our henna-queen and of course many, many others here I don't remember the names of right now :)

Loviatar
March 5th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Mine were and are: Nightshade, Spidermom, Hypnotica, Igor, Elle, Elyce, Morticia, Justgreen, Carolyn, DavidN, ShadowWalker, Jessie58, MadHatter, Toof, Alizarin Fionn, Rose Red, FrannyG, Dementia, morguebabe, Amoretti, nessthing, GlassEyes, Pegasus Marsters and DIYGal.

All for varying reasons, not just beautiful hair.

halo_tightens
March 5th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I couldn't even begin to name them all, and it wouldn't be fair to those I forgot to name-- so I won't even try.

This commnunity, as a whole, has meant a lot to me on my hair-growing journey so far. There's so much inspiration to be found here, so many beautiful heads of hair, and so many beautiful souls! You can't make me pick and choose. :)

Messyhair
March 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I haven't explored enough of the site to know who could be inspiring to me. Baby keeps me pretty busy. I'm lucky to find time to post at all! I keep motivated by my own previous longhair journey. And I do love looking at everyone's signature photos. *drool*

Honey39
March 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Just about everyone here!

I would say that I really enjoy seeing transformations of hair from short to long in particular, if that makes sense - I like seeing the journey that people have been onl

Multiruus
March 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I just arrived in here and dont know anyone yet :D
Basicly my inspiration are the three girls at my school who all have waistline blond hair :O Its not very common seen in my country at all. Im brunet by myself.

RoseRedDead
March 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Actually, no one person here really motivates me all that much... Initially when I joined there were people who I looked at and thought "Oh, I can't wait until I reach that length!", but now I'm just kinda chill with the whole hair-growin' thing.

I admire hair of all different lengths, colours, types, and textures. Really diggin' Amoretti's and Spidermom's and JamieLeigh's at the moment, though.

cardamom
March 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I just arrived in here and dont know anyone yet :D
Basicly my inspiration are the three girls at my school who all have waistline blond hair :O Its not very common seen in my country at all. Im brunet by myself.

Welcome Multiruus!
I bet you will find a lot of floor sweeping blond hairs here!:D

Juanita
March 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I find inspiration from lots of lovely people on here. Especially the Renegrays fabulous hair there.

Gemma
March 6th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Honestly, I couldn't choose just one, or even a few. So many times I come across a picture, article, or comment that is beautiful or inspiring or just plain fun! The only person who stands out a little more in my mind is Igor because I joined this forum at pixie crop length and Igor was very open about growing from bald. That stands out to me because I used to gaze at her pictures and remind myself that I could get there, too.

Capybara
March 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Everyone on here is an inspiration to me, each for different reasons.
I respect everyone who is taking initiative to grow their hair, and am inspired by those who have already reached their goal(s). :flower:

30isthenewblack
March 6th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I remember a "role model" thread that got out of hand, people feeling excluded, etc.

I'm going with everyone who is on the hair journey alongside us! We're all unique in our own great, admirable way! :D

I thought this as soon as I read the post. I don't like posts that put members on a pedestal and may as a result exclude members or alienate people who are new. We all have our hair strengths and weaknesses :smile:

Quixii
March 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I gotta be honest, no one on this site really motivates me. I'm not saying I don't love a lot of the heads of hair here, I just find that my motivation to grow out my hair has always and probably will always continue to be myself and my own desires. :)

camirra555
March 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
There are many people here who I find inspiring.

My two hair "role models" are both ladies with beautiful long curls, Star and Anne~. I chose them because I hope my curls look like theirs when they get longer.

StrongWall
March 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I've seen really pretty people in sigs

Fiferstone
March 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I'm motivated by various things about various members. I value the advice of Nightshade and HennaSooq when it comes to the henna, GladToBeMom when it comes to life in general, and so many others, too numerous to mention. LHC is a truly inspiring and supportive place, and to be honest, I am inspired in many ways by everyone here.

enfys
March 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
My biggest motivator was off another forum and she hasn't made a peep since 2006. She had glorious hair.

There are two members from here who I also know from other sites that I assume are now inactive since they haven't posted for years.

I won't name anyone who still posts incase they leave us/me too! I'm idol jinxed I think.

nowxisxforever
March 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
So many!
Airmide and Chromis are two that stick out in my mind though.
Also TorrinPaige, JJJ, Cinnamonhair.
Also all the Renegray lovelies! I love the silvers, so beautiful and inspiring. I can't wait for my silvers!

curlylocks85
March 12th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Well it is not so much the story for me, but rather the inspiration I feel when I see this beautiful hair.

SHELIAANN1969's hair really inspires me. I love the shape of her ends. I would love my hair to look similar to her ends as my hair become longer.

I love all the heads of hair here. Everyone has something special to contribute whether it is advice or showing us his or her magnificent updos.

I think we all inspire each other in one way or another.

PineappleJello
March 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I've only been a member for a few days but already it's given me encouragement. I find that it is so hard to find good hair care tips for long hair, especially when the instructions/advice come in normal english that you can follow.

I've always loved long hair, had it when I was little, then foolishly cut it when I was fifteen. Since then it's grown out a fair bit, and my motivation has been to get hair longer than my twin's hair. She gets her hair trimmed every month, so it was pretty easy to 'win' that competition (everything is a competition between the two of us) So now that I feel I have succeeded I want the longest hair in my class, which I think I do. Basically I need competitive motivation to keep my hair growing, maybe it's pathetic, but it's what I need, and this site offers it. You kind of forget how long and beautiful hair can be.

yellowchariot
March 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I agree with FrannyG! Everyone here has been a big motivation! I can't just point my finger at just a few members. Everyone's pics, tutorials, styles/do's . . . etc., all contribute to the great ideas and new ways to wear your hair. When my hair gets longer, I'm going to try some new do's that you all have suggested to each other, for various activities and tasks, that I currently can not do with my current length.

That's my motivation :thumbsup:

(^ This message has been approve for an official thumbs up lol)

DarkChocolate
March 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM
CinnamonHair and JamieLeigh hair inspires me:) CinnamonHair's journey inspires me because I saw how her ends have thickened up as she has gained more length. I love JamieLeigh's hair too:) She also has my next goal length too:)

Tornerose
March 16th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Absolutely everyone.

I used to be attracted to the C/iii curly types, but now I seem to love them all. I never knew fine hair could look gorgeous until I saw it on here. So big :grouphug: to you all for beeing such an inspiration for me, and helping me start to like my own hair.

hanne jensen
March 17th, 2010, 03:49 AM
All the ladies with very long hair who are over 45! When I first started growing my hair out, I was afraid that I'm too old for long hair. At LHC I quickly learned otherwise.

Felix_D
March 17th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Good thread!
CestMadeleine (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=18238)had hair just like mine - fine, pixie cut. Her beautiful APL henna hair is such an inspiration for me! I hope to be there one day.
Gothic Lolita (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=13352)has my favourite colour, and so long with beautiful movement.
Hypnotica (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=11091)and Cherry Sprinkle (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=12053), love their updos and hair toys. When I see their styles, I can't wait to have hair long enough to put up!

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Yes Felix D,I met many gorgeous manes through this site.It also helped me to make my hair routine.:)

Honestwitness
March 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
All the Renegrays are my inspiration. I have tried, but I just can't keep up with that thread.

Anyone with long white hair is especially inspiring to me, because that's going to be me someday. Surprisingwoman, Silverlocks, Lynnala, Ole Gray Mare, JKRBeloved -- I'm throwing kisses at you.

If I missed anyone who has long white or silver hair, please chastise me soundly and post pics of your hair in this thread, please!

DavidN
March 17th, 2010, 08:13 AM

Well said, Franny!:applause

Darkhorse1
March 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I love this site, period. So many wonderful people with gorgeous hair, tips and help. I must say that Igor's journey stunned me--to go from bald to thigh/knee length hair was amazing to read.

Beesweet
March 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Most people on the forum inspire me. When I mention the three I am about to mention, there are 100 that I am leaving out.

Altocumulous -- because her hair is similar to mine, and her length is where I am am planning to get to -- I only want waist.

Shell -- great with natural hair care, and super pretty hair.

Ilovelonghair -- even though she took her pictures down. : ( I even put one of her hair pics up as my screen saver!

EVERYONE on the forum is beneficial to me.

3azza
March 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Every single person here is my motivator. LHC made see how different hair types all look good when well taken care of.

joiekimochi
March 20th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Emichiee! I love her hair!

windinherhair
March 20th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I don't know if I would have ever found this place if it wasn't for Emichiee, so she has really inspired me, and since I joined I have met so many inspirational people!! There are so many, I couldn't even list them all. Everyone here motivates me. :)

ChloeDharma
March 20th, 2010, 06:23 AM
In terms of who has amazing hair that inspires me i really couldn't list all of them as so many people here really do amaze me, from very short haired people, people with thinning hair who keep persevering to get what they want. People who've grown out damage or colour.....i mean there's just LOADS of members who make me feel like i shouldn't give up when i have a setback.
But on a personal level Brunette has been a wonderfull supportive friend from here. Always helping with advice or helping me think through ideas and experiments. We both used to be members of another board and she was one of the first UK people i noticed who was into natural hair care. So from then became an inspiration and her hair with it's beautifull fairytale ends helped me to learn to love my whispy hem too.

wendyg
March 20th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I don't need a motivator; I've always loved long hair (I blame the Tenniel illustrations in Alice in Wonderland, which I read as a child). But the members whose hair I most love looking at (knowing I will never have because I don't have their hair type or color) are Cinnamon Hair, Tresses, and Amoretti. For showing how incredibly damage can be overcome, I'm grateful to natasska (whose hair is much more like mine) for posting before and after pics.

wg
And nightshade!

Purdy Bear
March 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Has to be Torrin Paige, I wouldnt have found this place without her mentioning it on her Videos.